Windows 10: Sluggish, or fast mouse movement when starting the computer.

Discus and support Sluggish, or fast mouse movement when starting the computer. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello there, I have a problem where upon starting my computer for the first time, my mouse is either too fast, or too slow. Changing the speed in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MarkusH2, Jan 3, 2020.

1. MarkusH2 Win User

Sluggish, or fast mouse movement when starting the computer.

Hello there,

I have a problem where upon starting my computer for the first time, my mouse is either too fast, or too slow. Changing the speed in settings does not work, however if I restart my computer, the mouse speed will be normal.

So whenever I start my computer, I am forced to restart right away every time, before I can use it.

This fix does not take long, but it is still annoying. So if the microsoft community can help me out, I'd be really grateful.

Respectfully

Markus

:)

MarkusH2, Jan 3, 2020
  2. Riel Alc Win User

PC Sluggish After Waking From Sleep

Thank you for the update.

"Could it be that their drivers are not compatible with my current Windows build?" - Yes, there's a possibility that's why you're experiencing some performance issue.

Another thing, some users have reported that the possible reason why their computers are sluggish is fast startup (enabled by default). We may try disabling the fast startup, then check if the issue will still occur. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Open Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Under Shutdown settings, uncheck Turn on fast startup (recommended).
    • Click Save changes.

And we also suggest checking the Processes and Performance in Task Manager if you feel your computer is sluggish.

We would appreciate an update about how it went.

Riel Alc, Jan 3, 2020
  3. RejZoR Win User
    Bigger monitor, mouse feels sluggish

So, i got the chance to replace my "old" 19" monitor with a slightly newer wide screen 22" and while i'm starting to like it, the most obvious issue seems to be the feel of the mouse. On old one, it felt snappy and precise and on this new 22" it just feels like it has a slight delay and that it's moving slightly laggy. And that's in Windows alone where my HD7950 should deal with Aero Glass easily. And it's similar in games. Played Natural Selection 2 and while framerate was still high, mouse movement felt sluggish the same way it does in Windows.

Is it possible that higher resolution alone would change the feel of mouse movement, because there are more pixels and distance to cover for the mouse cursor?

RejZoR, Jan 3, 2020
  4. karlbu Win User

Windows 10 update on October 14, 2015 has crippled mouse

Windows 10 update on October 14, 2015 has crippled mouse.

• Unacceptably sluggish, slow, delayed movement.
    • Mouse buttons get stuck or simply do not work without repeated attempts.
    Across three Windows 10, updated computers.

You have got to be kidding. Doesn't anybody test anymore?

karlbu, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Sluggish, or fast mouse movement when starting the computer. - Similar Threads - Sluggish fast mouse

2. Mouse movement error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse movement error: hello guys got a problem here. i am facing a problem with my mouse it is not working properly as the cursor goes left when my mouse goes right and it goes right when mouse goes left. there is also another problem as my mouse is of redgear a15 when i press the decreasing dpi...
  3. Mouse movement error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse movement error: hello guys got a problem here. i am facing a problem with my mouse it is not working properly as the cursor goes left when my mouse goes right and it goes right when mouse goes left. there is also another problem as my mouse is of redgear a15 when i press the decreasing dpi...
  4. Sluggish task manager movement

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sluggish task manager movement: I always have the task manager running, recently i noticed that whenever the task manager have been open for a while, moving the window is very sluggish/laggy, like there is a 500ms delay on the movement. After i close and reopen task manager it's fine for some time. Any...
  5. New computer jerky mouse movement

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New computer jerky mouse movement: I got a Lenovo a few weeks ago. The mouse movement is awful. It's almost always jerky. I see on the web a lot of solutions, some of them dating to 2015. Here's what my MSConfig shows: [img] [img] There's probably 200 services running. My previous computer did not have...
  6. sluggish mouse

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    sluggish mouse: Hi, Im having an issue with my mouse feeling floaty and sluggish. Its not 1:1. ( Only in games). Might be because of the recent update? Its def not my mouse, because it happens on all of them. Also tried reinstalling drivers but wasnt succesfull. Does anyone have the same...
  7. Mouse Movement starts to lag the whole computer while playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Movement starts to lag the whole computer while playing games.: Hello, I have not used my computer for a while and now i noticed that when launching and playing some games, the whole computer lags and only while i move the mouse. This happens not on all games, and only when moving the mouse (i can click all of the mouse buttons and...
  8. Mouse Movement

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Movement: I am having unwanted mouse movement, specifically when trying to manage files. I'll select a file in a folder and then find the mouse has returned me to the top of the folder and the selected file (still selected) is off the screen.....
  9. Sluggish Mouse

Sluggish Mouse: I know that this has been a problem virtually since Windows 10 was released. I've been following the various threads on the subject and have attempted to implement most of the claimed fixes but, sadly, the problem of drag still exists. At times my system is close to unusable...
  10. 4k computer stutter when moving mouse fast

4k computer stutter when moving mouse fast: Okay this is a weird error and I didn't notice it until I started to play a large amount of games in 4k (after a recent computer upgrade). I notice when I have a game in 4k, and I move my mouse slow.. the game doesn't stutter, but if I zip my mouse around quickly, the game...