Windows 10: Sluggish performance on laptop after coming out of sleep

Discus and support Sluggish performance on laptop after coming out of sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I tried searching this and didn't find much so I figured i'd ask. I know i'm running an older laptop but lately when I come out of sleep mode... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Philomena, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Philomena Win User

Sluggish performance on laptop after coming out of sleep

I tried searching this and didn't find much so I figured i'd ask. I know i'm running an older laptop but lately when I come out of sleep mode everything I do is more sluggish and slow.. and web browsing especially. Most of the time I just have to do a restart to normalize it. Has anyone heard if this is an issue or is it just my old laptop? I've done security and malware scans and they don't find anything. All updates are current etc.. I tried turning off all extensions on the browser also.

Dell Inspiron 1545
    Upgraded to 8gb ram (which is overkill for this pc to begin with)

I just like to solve things like this instead of scrapping it and moving on.. why it would be sluggish after coming out of sleep and not on a full start up.

:)

Philomena, Jun 18, 2018
  2. Riel Alc Win User

PC Sluggish After Waking From Sleep

Thank you for the update.

"Could it be that their drivers are not compatible with my current Windows build?" - Yes, there's a possibility that's why you're experiencing some performance issue.

Another thing, some users have reported that the possible reason why their computers are sluggish is fast startup (enabled by default). We may try disabling the fast startup, then check if the issue will still occur. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Open Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Under Shutdown settings, uncheck Turn on fast startup (recommended).
    • Click Save changes.

And we also suggest checking the Processes and Performance in Task Manager if you feel your computer is sluggish.

We would appreciate an update about how it went.

Riel Alc, Jun 19, 2018
  3. Windows 10 sluggish Performance

sluggish performance after the previous update...

PRIYESH YADAV, Jun 19, 2018
  4. Sluggish performance on laptop after coming out of sleep

winodws 10 -- laptop will not come out of sleep mode

Hello James,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community Forums.

As per description, you are facing issue with the sleep mode.

I would suggest you to follow methods given below and check

Method 1:

Run Power Troubleshooter

I would suggest you to run power troubleshooter which will tell you if there is something wrong with the power settings.

Follow these steps to run power troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + X key and Select Control Panel
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View All on the top left corner.
    • Run Power troubleshooter.

If issue still persists try method 2.

Method 2:

Follow these steps check the Power Options settings. You can set them to default and check.

a. Press Windows key + X

b. Select Power Options.

c. Check if the preferred plan is Balanced.

d. Click on Change when the computer sleeps and select
    Restore Default settings for this plan.

If issue didn’t get resolve try method 3.

Method 3: Create a power plan

• Press Windows key + X

• Select Power Options.

• Click where it says "Create a power plan" in the area on the left side of the Power options window.

• Select a power plan to start with such as
      "Balanced" or "High performance" and then click "Next."

• Select a number of minutes you want both the display and the computer sleep mode, and then click "Create."

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Ashish Sondhi, Jun 19, 2018
Thema:

Sluggish performance on laptop after coming out of sleep

1. Sluggish performance on laptop after coming out of sleep - Similar Threads - Sluggish performance laptop

2. My laptop won't come out of sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop won't come out of sleep mode.: I'm using my Lenovo Ideapad laptop and whenever I put it into sleep mode by closing the lid, from the power menu, etc. the screen would stay off. I try pressing different keys and using the trackpad but the screen stays off. Then I have to hold down the power button to shut...
  3. Laptop wireless not connecting coming out of Sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop wireless not connecting coming out of Sleep: Windows 10; ver 1903 When coming out of sleep Laptop not connecting to WiFi. Looking at Device Manager wireless adapter Properties, and, Power Options...there are no Wireless Power Management options that can be turned off or changed. I have checked for a newer river, it...
  4. Sluggish after a few sleep->wake cycles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sluggish after a few sleep->wake cycles: I have noticed that after a few sleep->wake cycles everything starts getting sluggish. Alt-tabbing, opening context menus, just doing stuff in applications in general, explorer, etc. Everything becomes slower. A restart gets everything back to normal snappiness. Any ideas?...
  5. PC got sluggish after coming out from sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC got sluggish after coming out from sleep mode: HI Support team, I believe this has been an ongoing issue for years and every time you guys just give workaround or j grab some KB articles from your sharepoint or confluence, and send it to us. PLEASE bring this issue to an upper level. it is not about driver update or...
  6. Slow laptop performance on reboot or after sleep

Slow laptop performance on reboot or after sleep: I saw a post about downloading Windows Performance Monitor tp diagnose the issue. Can I interpret this myself or if not, can I ship the trace via this forum and get a recommendation? Thanks much, Mark...
  7. Laptop PC Not Coming Out Of Sleep Mode

Laptop PC Not Coming Out Of Sleep Mode: Hi; I'm having an issue with a HP laptop running Win 10 (Upgrade from Win 7 in 2017). I had the laptop in sleep mode. When I opened the lid, I expected the laptop to power on. The power light comes on, but I see nothing but a black screen. The fan is however running. In...
  8. Strange sluggish performance after update.

Strange sluggish performance after update.: After the last major Windows update, I've started to experience abrnomally slow response for several basic Windows actions. The system will hang there for 5-10 or even 30+ seconds before the action is performed. Here are some examples: Clicking to highlight a file, folder,...
  9. Windows sluggish performance

Windows sluggish performance: Hi, Windows 10 - 1607 has a general slow response loading programs: -Settings 3" -Control Panel 4" -Chrome 8" -VirtualBOX 8" -Thunderbird 10" - Event Viewer - 47"(till all data is loaded) Time from pressing button until it shows up. I have 12GB RAM, DDR3-1600 /...
  10. Computer will not come out of sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer will not come out of sleep: My computer will not come out of sleep. When I hit a key or click the mouse, it will power for a moment and then appears to just turn off. I have to push the power button and completely boot up as if it was shutdown. I have checked my mouse/keyboard settings regarding...