Windows 10: Sluggish task manager movement

Discus and support Sluggish task manager movement in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I always have the task manager running, recently i noticed that whenever the task manager have been open for a while, moving the window is very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LeNick, Feb 23, 2021.

1. /u/LeNick Win User

Sluggish task manager movement

I always have the task manager running, recently i noticed that whenever the task manager have been open for a while, moving the window is very sluggish/laggy, like there is a 500ms delay on the movement. After i close and reopen task manager it's fine for some time.

Any idea what the cause of this can be?

submitted by /u/LeNick
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LeNick, Feb 23, 2021
  2. Riel Alc Win User

PC Sluggish After Waking From Sleep

Thank you for the update.

"Could it be that their drivers are not compatible with my current Windows build?" - Yes, there's a possibility that's why you're experiencing some performance issue.

Another thing, some users have reported that the possible reason why their computers are sluggish is fast startup (enabled by default). We may try disabling the fast startup, then check if the issue will still occur. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Open Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Under Shutdown settings, uncheck Turn on fast startup (recommended).
    • Click Save changes.

And we also suggest checking the Processes and Performance in Task Manager if you feel your computer is sluggish.

We would appreciate an update about how it went.

Riel Alc, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Task Manager - Startup tab

Actually, I like your suggestion as a first step.

Unchecking the wrong thing in Autoruns can brick a system.

OldNavyGuy, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Edwin Win User

Permantly turning off items in Task Manager. Overall sluggish

Sluggish task manager movement [​IMG]

Edwin, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Sluggish task manager movement - Similar Threads - Sluggish task manager

2. Bring back windows 10 task bar movement.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bring back windows 10 task bar movement.: I want to only have 1 task bar but not keep it on my main display. Can you bring back this feature, I do not know why it was ever removed in the first place....
  3. Task Manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Task Manager: Hello!I don't know what type of problem this is.When I go to task manager, my CPU is 100%, then after 2-3 seconds it goes back to my actual CPU which is 2-5%.Sometimes, my CPU goes at a random number and then resets back to my usual CPU.Is this normal?Thanks....
  4. Windows 10 Is Incredibly Sluggish, Task Manager Shows SSD System Disk Is 100% Utilised

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Is Incredibly Sluggish, Task Manager Shows SSD System Disk Is 100% Utilised: I'm currently running Windows 10 21HA1 OS build 19043.1237 and it is incredibly sluggish.Boot to login screen takes over a minute and login to desktop is nearly as long, despite running the system volume on an SSD. Checking the performance tab on Task Manager shows that my...
  5. Windows Task Manager Slow/sluggish monitoring after Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Task Manager Slow/sluggish monitoring after Update: [ATTACH] Hey guys & gals, I'm facing the following issues with Windows Task Manger : Closing task manger is taking over 1 sec. Launch time is ok. Task manger updating very slow over 10 secs per update to values. Before it used to be instantaneous. Issue occurring after...
  6. Sluggish, or fast mouse movement when starting the computer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sluggish, or fast mouse movement when starting the computer.: Hello there, I have a problem where upon starting my computer for the first time, my mouse is either too fast, or too slow. Changing the speed in settings does not work, however if I restart my computer, the mouse speed will be normal. So whenever I start my computer, I...
  7. task manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    task manager: when i open task manager. the heading firefox, lists five copies are running. there is only one that should be running. how do i remove the other four https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager/ac15ee37-c4a3-428f-97b5-784a3b7f8951
  8. task manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    task manager: when i try to open task manager it comes up with an error of "c:\WINDOWS\system32\DUI70.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error" i get the same message when i try and factory reset, delete a bluetooth device, and other stuff like that. also, i...
  9. task manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    task manager: task manager will not log out of apps says operation can't be completed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/task-manager/438f0773-4953-428b-a99d-10dcbc38d79d
  10. Permantly turning off items in Task Manager. Overall sluggish

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Permantly turning off items in Task Manager. Overall sluggish: Opening apps is generally more sluggish lately with Windows 10 so I decided to turn off some background stuff via Task Manager. It helps but the next time I start up they are all back on. How to turn off permanently? Also, I have some NVidia drivers from an old graphics...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. task manager moving slow