Windows 10: Sluggish windows after gaming

Discus and support Sluggish windows after gaming in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; It only seems to happen after I've played Forza Horizon 3 along with the Xbox app. Playing Tom Clancy's Wildlands does not have the same effect.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by gettheclicker, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Sluggish windows after gaming

It only seems to happen after I've played Forza Horizon 3 along with the Xbox app. Playing Tom Clancy's Wildlands does not have the same effect.

Drop boxes, context menus, and the icon box on the lower right corner appear empty. Windows sometimes open with only an outline. It takes minutes to open a simple file.

The cpu and ram ratios run normal at 5% and 5% but it feels like it's running at 100%

Reboot the computer and everything is fine again.

I have ran rambooster, chkdsk, sfc, malwarebytes, superantispyware, Ccleaner, Defrag, system clean, and wiped empty space over the span of a few days.

No errors, no infections, some spyware, and no corrupted files.

:)

gettheclicker, Dec 5, 2017

2. game very sluggish since updating to windows 10

game very sluggish since updating to windows 10

Original title: bejewled blitz

karensmithYT, Dec 5, 2017
  3. mazurek7 Win User
    DirectDraw emulation still broken in Windows 10

Kevin,

You can add Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive to the list.

Another DDraw game, sluggish and stuttering to the point of not being playable on Windows 10.

Available from GOG Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive

mazurek7, Dec 5, 2017
  4. Badfinger Win User

Sluggish windows after gaming

I suspect some buggy Windows 10 video card driver, I am having some wacky performance in Windows 10 now too after new hardware and a fresh install.

Badfinger, Dec 7, 2017
  5. I figured it out. It was a bad video driver. After an update everything
    Is smooth sailing again.

gettheclicker, Dec 7, 2017
  6. Sounds like a page file type of issue. try increasing the size of your page file *Smile

kingtez1984, Dec 7, 2017
  7. I think I disabled it. Is it better to have it on?

gettheclicker, Dec 7, 2017
  8. EdTittel Win User

Opinions vary on the pagefile, especially for systems with lots (16 GB or more) of RAM. This Google Search includes some fascinating pointers, that you may want to root around in. Because the page file is there to give the OS room to move stuff in and out of memory to and from disk while the OS and programs are running, I never do away with mine completely. I also do not subscribe to older algorithms that used 1.5 or 2.X memory on disk for paging files. The OS Algorithm page says 3X RAM or 4GB, whichever is greater, for Windows 8.1 memory size, but answers.microsoft.com makes a solid recommendation of "stick with the "Automatically manage paging file size..." option. That's how I do it on my system, too:

Sluggish windows after gaming [​IMG]

HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Sluggish windows after gaming - Similar Threads - Sluggish gaming

2. when I went to my PC this morning i found it was very sluggish, It looks like auto...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when I went to my PC this morning i found it was very sluggish, It looks like auto...: Woke up this morning and found my PC running very slow.When using office 365 I have to wait for the software to catch up, windows behaves the same.Microsoft auto installed software updates last night, something has happened to my PC since then.PLEASE HELP as I have not been...
  3. when I went to my PC this morning i found it was very sluggish, It looks like auto...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when I went to my PC this morning i found it was very sluggish, It looks like auto...: Woke up this morning and found my PC running very slow.When using office 365 I have to wait for the software to catch up, windows behaves the same.Microsoft auto installed software updates last night, something has happened to my PC since then.PLEASE HELP as I have not been...
  4. Windows File Explorer very sluggish and weird issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows File Explorer very sluggish and weird issue: Since today i have an issue with the file explorer.Whenever i click something be it folder or any files its even worse with folder and even happens on empty folders for 2-3 seconds theres a constant swapping of loading circle to my mouse cursor until the file is officially...
  5. Windows File Explorer very sluggish and weird issue

Windows File Explorer very sluggish and weird issue: Since today i have an issue with the file explorer.Whenever i click something be it folder or any files its even worse with folder and even happens on empty folders for 2-3 seconds theres a constant swapping of loading circle to my mouse cursor until the file is officially...
  6. PC shut down unexpectedly, now I can't adjust brightness and my game is running sluggishly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC shut down unexpectedly, now I can't adjust brightness and my game is running sluggishly: I have a Lenovo Legion running Windows 11. Last night, I was playing Elder Scrolls Online when the game locked up, so I force closed it. Then I switched to my browser, and that froze up too, followed by the computer shutting down. I had to try three times before I could get...
  7. PC shut down unexpectedly, now I can't adjust brightness and my game is running sluggishly

PC shut down unexpectedly, now I can't adjust brightness and my game is running sluggishly: I have a Lenovo Legion running Windows 11. Last night, I was playing Elder Scrolls Online when the game locked up, so I force closed it. Then I switched to my browser, and that froze up too, followed by the computer shutting down. I had to try three times before I could get...
  8. Mouse is sluggish when I am playing games

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse is sluggish when I am playing games: When my PC is working with a very high load and the CPU goes close to 100%, I am having problems with a mouse. The cursor is starting shuttering, it gets sluggish and stops moving sometimes. Especially this happens when I am playing games so you see it is a frustrating...
  9. Very sluggish in games/fps drops

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very sluggish in games/fps drops: Hi guys, and Happy Holidays :) I'm at witts end with this thing, I updated to the October 1809 update, but can't remember if the issue started before that, in games I have lost at least half of the FPS I used to get, for example, in Euro Truck Sim 2 I used to get 140...
  10. Games jerky and sluggish - graphics card suddenly not recognised?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Games jerky and sluggish - graphics card suddenly not recognised?: Hi all. I am having issues with my NVIDIA GeForce GTX750. I discovered today that when I try to play a game, it's suddenly extremely slow and jerky. This issue has come a bit out of nowhere, as it was working fine when I last played a game (the same game) a couple of weeks...