Windows 10: SLUI 4 not able to run

Discus and support SLUI 4 not able to run in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So I'm currently trying to activate my copy of windows after a hardware update (including motherboard). When I use the activation troubleshooter then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by CamronMcCormack, Nov 15, 2018.

1. SLUI 4 not able to run

So I'm currently trying to activate my copy of windows after a hardware update (including motherboard). When I use the activation troubleshooter then select changed hardware it lets me correctly select this computer, but then says "unable to activate windows. We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later. " I have tried this at a few different times over the past few days in case the "try again later" was actually accurate, but always got the same message.

I tried calling support and they told me to run "SLUI 4", however that doesn't run anything. No new process starts. They said to try SLUI 3, which just opens the activation settings page. Since SLUI 4 wouldn't work, support said there was nothing I can do to activate windows... Hopefully someone here can help?

Edit: After it fails to activate, the error code 0x803F7001 is displayed in the activation settings window.

:)

CamronMcCormack, Nov 15, 2018

2. Trying to run slui 4 but nothing pops up

tl;dr When I run "slui 4" nothing pops up. No activation window, no error message, nothing. How can I fix it, and what else should I try to reactivate Win10?

-----

A few months ago, my wife upgraded from (a valid, activated) Windows 7 Pro N to Windows 10 Pro N (still activated). This morning, we replaced her motherboard and processor, and now we can't reactivate Windows.

I spent about 2 hours with Marte D (Ting) using the online support chat and the LogMeIn remote assistance tool. He tried many things, but nothing worked.

We tried running "slui 3" and entering the Windows 7 Pro N product key, but that yields error 0x803f7001.

He generated not one, but two, new product keys for me, and also tried entering those into the "slui 3" window. They didn't work either.

He tried many "slmgr" commands, including /rearm, /dti, and /rpik, but none of those led to success either.

Why not use phone activation? I'd love to! But when I try to run "slui 4", nothing appears. No idea why. I've tried running it from a command prompt too, in hopes that an error would be printed to the console, but no luck; it just returns instantly.

Marte was very patient, but after 2 hours, threw in the towel. He suggested I call the pro support team, since they'd have better tools to help me, so I tried it. The woman that spoke to me suggested I try entering the Win 7 product key into "slui 3", so
    I tried again. Then she suggested I try "slui 4". When nothing popped up, she directed me to Microsoft's business support portal, and she rushed off the phone.

-----

What should I try next? I'm currently creating a Win 10 recovery drive, in hopes that it will repair my "slui" tool so that I can activate by phone, but would love any other suggestions you may have.

Thank you!

Erik

Erik Snider, Nov 15, 2018
  3. Trying to run slui 4 but nothing pops up

@JoeNamco: adding .exe did not help. Capitalizing the program name did not help. In all cases, the Activation Wizard does not appear.

@Andre Da Costa: the very first step of that article says to run "slui.exe 4". As I explained, the slui tool is not working properly. When I try to run it, nothing happens; no window appears, no error appears, nothing.

Erik Snider, Nov 15, 2018
  4. SLUI 4 not able to run

SLUI 4

I want to know that why SLUI 4 is not working in my laptop ?

Aditya pandey 423, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

SLUI 4 not able to run

1. SLUI 4 not able to run - Similar Threads - SLUI able run

2. slui 4 shows nothing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    slui 4 shows nothing: HiI'm repairing a Lenovo Laptop for a friend that is no english fluent.The laptop was w8.1 and in the end I reached to upgrade it to w10 after I deleted the whole SoftwareDistribution folder. I used the usual upgrade path, run setup.exe from the USB key built by the MS Media...
  3. slui 4 shows nothing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    slui 4 shows nothing: HiI'm repairing a Lenovo Laptop for a friend that is no english fluent.The laptop was w8.1 and in the end I reached to upgrade it to w10 after I deleted the whole SoftwareDistribution folder. I used the usual upgrade path, run setup.exe from the USB key built by the MS Media...
  4. SLUI 4 Doesn't work

SLUI 4 Doesn't work: Hello, I recently purchased a new desktop computer. The company I bought it from, if I'm not mistaken, installed a trial version of Windows 10 on my computer. Later, I purchased an OEM license key online. They asked me to follow the steps below:Activate the key. If you...
  5. Slui 4 is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slui 4 is not working: Hello,I have installed Windows 10 Pro on a laptop without internet connection. When I go to "System" > "Activation" I cannot find anywhere to activate my license via phone. I also tried running "slui 4" but it´s not working because nothing appears on my screen when I run it....
  6. Slui 4 is not working

Slui 4 is not working: Hello,I have installed Windows 10 Pro on a laptop without internet connection. When I go to "System" > "Activation" I cannot find anywhere to activate my license via phone. I also tried running "slui 4" but it´s not working because nothing appears on my screen when I run it....
  7. Slui 4 is not working

Slui 4 is not working: Hello,I have installed Windows 10 Pro on a laptop without internet connection. When I go to "System" > "Activation" I cannot find anywhere to activate my license via phone. I also tried running "slui 4" but it´s not working because nothing appears on my screen when I run it.I...
  8. 'slui.exe 4' run command isn't opening the slui program.

'slui.exe 4' run command isn't opening the slui program.: NOTE: I am about to update to 25188. The version I'm on while writing this question/problem is 25179.1000.I activated my key last year, and it suddenly stopped working I used `slmgr` to install the key. Now, I want to activate again using the phone. by the way, if you...
  9. SLUI 4 doesn't work

SLUI 4 doesn't work: I recently built a new desktop and installed windows 10 from a USB using the msft media installation tool. I purhcased on OEM activation key for Windows 10 Pro from Kinguin. Who I bought it from looks to be a reliable seller based on customer feedback. It seems like everyone...
  10. SLUI 4 command is not working

SLUI 4 command is not working: Hi Everyone, I am trying to activate Windows 10 pro, offline as the internet is not available due to security concerns. But when I put slui4 its not working and When I put slui3 than its not working as its looking for the Internet. Please help in this regards....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. slui 4

2. slui 4 not working

3. slui 04

4. slui 04 not opening,
  5. slui 04 not working,
  6. slui 04 doesnt open,
  7. slui 4 not working windows 10,
  8. slui 4 windows 10,
  9. slui 4 not opening,
  10. slui 4 does nothing,
  11. windows 10 slui 4 not working,