Windows 10: Small area top right of monitor 1 can't click, restart/close MS Edge to fix.

Discus and support Small area top right of monitor 1 can't click, restart/close MS Edge to fix. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; FYI. Unable to reproduce bug. Ended processes in task manager until problem disappears, found MS Edge process to be the cause.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Joshua Fraillon, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Small area top right of monitor 1 can't click, restart/close MS Edge to fix.

FYI. Unable to reproduce bug. Ended processes in task manager until problem disappears, found MS Edge process to be the cause.

:)

Joshua Fraillon, Dec 5, 2023
  2. Martmcd Win User

How to close edge that is locked into a hostile web page?

• if it will let you, click on the 3 dots on the top right and go to settings, under 'open with' make sure that previous pages is not selected.
    • close Edge using Task Manager
    • search for a web address in Cortana (eg type www.google.co.uk into Cortana)
      Edge will open with your selected sit and the dodgy one, do not click on any other tabs.
    • close edge in the normal way (i.e. click the X)

Edge should now open normally, you can change the setting back if you wish.

[edit] if it wont let you do step 1 do steps 2&3 then start at 1 again

Martmcd, Dec 5, 2023
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 5, 2023
  4. brazospo Win User

Small area top right of monitor 1 can't click, restart/close MS Edge to fix.

MS Edge on my WinPhone 10 crashes since a few days.

MS Edge has always worked fine on my beloved Lumia 735. Unfortunately, since a few days, Edge stops running after some scrolling and closes itself.

I found on some MS Help on line the suggestion to clear Edge History and I did so, but now Edge doesn't start at all or, if started, it closes itself immediately.

• How could I fix this sudden problem?

brazospo, Dec 5, 2023
Thema:

Small area top right of monitor 1 can't click, restart/close MS Edge to fix.

1. Small area top right of monitor 1 can't click, restart/close MS Edge to fix. - Similar Threads - Small area top

2. Small area top right of monitor 1 can't click, restart/close MS Edge to fix.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Small area top right of monitor 1 can't click, restart/close MS Edge to fix.: FYI. Unable to reproduce bug. Ended processes in task manager until problem disappears, found MS Edge process to be the cause. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/small-area-top-right-of-monitor-1-cant-click/e57c3ce8-822c-4c37-bfba-f8bfd48d2485
  3. Clicking top right corner of X button closes the Window behind

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clicking top right corner of X button closes the Window behind: Hello, I have the problem that when I click on the top right corner of the screen to close the maximized window, it closes the window behind the current window. This problem does not appear for all programs, but I've noticed that it appears in word, outlook powerpoint and...
  4. Clicking top right corner of X button closes the Window behind

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Clicking top right corner of X button closes the Window behind: Hello, I have the problem that when I click on the top right corner of the screen to close the maximized window, it closes the window behind the current window. This problem does not appear for all programs, but I've noticed that it appears in word, outlook powerpoint and...
  5. Clicking top right corner of Window closes the Window behind

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicking top right corner of Window closes the Window behind: Hello, I have the problem that when I click on the top right corner of the screen to close the maximized window, it closes the window behind the current window. This problem does not appear for all programs, but I've noticed that it appears in word, outlook powerpoint and...
  6. Clicking top right corner of Window closes the Window behind

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clicking top right corner of Window closes the Window behind: Hello, I have the problem that when I click on the top right corner of the screen to close the maximized window, it closes the window behind the current window. This problem does not appear for all programs, but I've noticed that it appears in word, outlook powerpoint and...
  7. Clicking top right corner of Window closes the Window behind

8. My monitor is flickering in a small area

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My monitor is flickering in a small area: I noticed my monitor started flickering, but only in one small rectangular area. Before this happened, I was on a website and my mouse cursor was perfectly placed where a feature was rapidly flickering in the same spot as my monitor is now, so that might be a cause. I have no...
  9. Can't Click in Top Right Portion of Screen

Can't Click in Top Right Portion of Screen: Aside from the very top right of the screen typically where the exit button is on web pages, I am unable to right or left click. Things in web browsers such as the minimize window button are unavailable to click on. This happens in every program, whether it is a game, web...
  10. top border in ms edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    top border in ms edge: as mentioned above, the border thickness is insane on top of the edge webbrowser. also the adressbar is very high. and the bookmarkbar too. is there any way to make this smaller in the hight ? submitted by /u/rtl33 [link] [comments]...