Windows 10: Small arrows my desktop icons

Discus and support Small arrows my desktop icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently noticed small arrows on many of the icons on my desktop. Why were they put there and are they a backdoor into my system?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CarlLevin1, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Small arrows my desktop icons

I recently noticed small arrows on many of the icons on my desktop. Why were they put there and are they a backdoor into my system?

:)

CarlLevin1, Nov 7, 2019
  2. Ma. Lau Win User

Small icons setting won't change

I suggest that you change or uncheck Use small taskbar buttons by following the steps below:

• Right-click the Taskbar.
    • Select Properties.
    • In the Taskbar tab make sure that Use small taskbar is
      uncheck

Small arrows my desktop icons e377d97f-489c-45cb-8856-ca9160202472.jpg
    • Click Apply and OK.
    If the issue still persists, you can change the size of desktop icons.

• Right-click an empty space on the desktop.
    • Select View and choose either Large, Medium or Small icons.
    • Check if you can change the size of the taskbar button.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Nov 7, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Desktop Arrow Symbols

The arrow symbol in your screen capture is the standard arrow for a shortcut, it does not mean compression !!

For a step by step registry hack to remove these standard shortcut arrows -
    Click HERE

DaveM121, Nov 7, 2019
  4. Small arrows my desktop icons

Windows 10 two small curved arrows in lower left corner of desktop icons?

danyelstanga, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

Small arrows my desktop icons

1. Small arrows my desktop icons - Similar Threads - Small arrows desktop

2. How to remove the small arrow icon from the applications icons on the desktop without...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove the small arrow icon from the applications icons on the desktop without...: Hello Community,I had Windows 11 Pro installed on my PC and I've recently reinstalled it from the scratch due to some display drivers related issues. After the OS reinstallation, I can see that there're small arrow icons at the bottom left corner of some of the applications...
  3. How to remove the small arrow icon from the applications icons on the desktop without...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove the small arrow icon from the applications icons on the desktop without...: Hello Community,I had Windows 11 Pro installed on my PC and I've recently reinstalled it from the scratch due to some display drivers related issues. After the OS reinstallation, I can see that there're small arrow icons at the bottom left corner of some of the applications...
  4. Strange unresponsive small icon on my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange unresponsive small icon on my desktop: For the last day or two I've been seeing this small icon on my desktop. It's less than a quarter the size of a normal icon which I've placed next to it for size comparison. Has anyone seen anything like this before?If I left-click or double-click on it, nothing happens. If I...
  5. The meaning of those small icons in the corners of desktop icons (arrow, green check,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The meaning of those small icons in the corners of desktop icons (arrow, green check,...: Today I uninstalled Norton 360 from my gaming pc because I wasn’t paying the subscription and was tired of the persistent popups. As soon as I did so, I noticed the icons on the bottom-left corner of every desktop icon had changed from the ‘normal’ blue arrow and square...
  6. Desktop icons really small?

Desktop icons really small?: [ATTACH] Some of my desktop icons are really small compared to others (see image) and I can't figure out a way to return them to normal. In the image you can see three which are small, others like this are the Microsoft Solitaire, Edge browser, MS Office, and the photos...
  7. icons on desktop got small

in Windows 10 Customization
    icons on desktop got small: After OneDrive was synced, some icons on my desktop got small but the rest of them stayed normal. What is the solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-on-desktop-got-small/5b34ec5f-969b-4d15-bc42-5377ec6f4037
  8. these weird icons keep appearing over the small arrows on my desktop shortcuts (zoom in)

these weird icons keep appearing over the small arrows on my desktop shortcuts (zoom in): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/smcaskill [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eewi0h/these_weird_icons_keep_appearing_over_the_small/
  9. Weird arrow icon on desktop icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird arrow icon on desktop icons: Since last week I have this strange blue arrow symbol on a lot of my desktop icons. How do I get it off?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-arrow-icon-on-desktop-icons/94391928-601a-4868-a6a4-9b0cd5e48e49
  10. What are these 2 small blue arrow overlays which appear on desktop icons?

in Windows 10 News
    What are these 2 small blue arrow overlays which appear on desktop icons?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you have noticed an icon with 2 small blue overlays, then know that it has been placed there by the Windows OS to indicate that the file or folder has been compressed to save disk space. If you are [...] This post What are these 2 small blue arrow...