Windows 10: small arrows near folder names

Discus and support small arrows near folder names in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When browsing files in File Explorer I noticed small arrows on the Upper Right Corners of the Folder Icons. It actually looks like 2 arrow heads... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by l_turn9, May 12, 2022.

1. l_turn9 Win User

small arrows near folder names

When browsing files in File Explorer I noticed small arrows on the Upper Right Corners of the Folder Icons. It actually looks like 2 arrow heads pointing in opposite directions, and I'm just curious about what they might mean? BTW, I'm not connected to OneDrive or other Back up mechanisms. Is there any place where I can find the meaning of any mysterious symbols I might find?

:)

l_turn9, May 12, 2022

2. Displaying Folder structure in the start menu All Apps

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To make sure I understand correctly, are you referring to expanding a folder in the start menu to view the extended folders?

If so, I would suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps:

1. After clicking "app apps", locate the folder from the list.

2. Check if you see a small arrow like icon pointing downward near the folder.

3. If so, click on it. This will expand all the folders and items included in that particular folder.

Let us know if this helps.

We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, May 12, 2022
  3. Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, May 12, 2022
  4. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, May 12, 2022
Thema:

1. small arrows near folder names - Similar Threads - small arrows near

2. remove a small box with green arrow "finalize the string"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remove a small box with green arrow "finalize the string": It's called the finalize the string box; it only appears when we are using a different type called the "Input Method Editor" keyboard in any language. It seems like because of IME or something, we can't turn it off. I keep looking for solutions, but nothing actually works...
  3. remove a small box with green arrow "finalize the string"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    remove a small box with green arrow "finalize the string": It's called the finalize the string box; it only appears when we are using a different type called the "Input Method Editor" keyboard in any language. It seems like because of IME or something, we can't turn it off. I keep looking for solutions, but nothing actually works...
  4. My documents folder and desktop and downloads have a small left square with a blue arrow in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My documents folder and desktop and downloads have a small left square with a blue arrow in...: On my home windows 10pro pc, under c:\use\ron my documents folder and desktop and downloads have a small left square with a blue arrow in them.all other users do not have them. and i do not have one drive or google drive installed... help...
  5. My documents folder and desktop and downloads have a small left square with a blue arrow in...

My documents folder and desktop and downloads have a small left square with a blue arrow in...: On my home windows 10pro pc, under c:\use\ron my documents folder and desktop and downloads have a small left square with a blue arrow in them.all other users do not have them. and i do not have one drive or google drive installed... help...
  6. My documents folder and desktop and downloads have a small left square with a blue arrow in...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. small arrows near folder names

in Windows 10 Gaming
    small arrows near folder names: When browsing files in File Explorer I noticed small arrows on the Upper Right Corners of the Folder Icons. It actually looks like 2 arrow heads pointing in opposite directions, and I'm just curious about what they might mean? BTW, I'm not connected to OneDrive or other Back...
  8. small arrows near folder names

small arrows near folder names: When browsing files in File Explorer I noticed small arrows on the Upper Right Corners of the Folder Icons. It actually looks like 2 arrow heads pointing in opposite directions, and I'm just curious about what they might mean? BTW, I'm not connected to OneDrive or other Back...
  9. Small arrows my desktop icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Small arrows my desktop icons: I recently noticed small arrows on many of the icons on my desktop. Why were they put there and are they a backdoor into my system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/small-arrows-my-desktop-icons/162c88a7-afd4-4f33-ae9d-8f871270d73b
  10. Strange arrow signs on folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange arrow signs on folders: After updating Windows 10 there appeared arrow signs on folders: [ATTACH] What are these, and how can I get rid of them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-arrow-signs-on-folders/137df878-e017-4b27-8e6b-fb4c628caa7f"