Windows 10: Small black box on screen

Discus and support Small black box on screen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Recently a small semi-transparent black box appeared on my screen that doesn't pop up on and screenshots, and it doesn't appear when I launch my PC on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/OnyxSm, Jun 30, 2020.

1. /u/OnyxSm Win User

Small black box on screen

Recently a small semi-transparent black box appeared on my screen that doesn't pop up on and screenshots, and it doesn't appear when I launch my PC on diagnostic mode. Im not sure how to get rid of it.

submitted by /u/OnyxSm
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/OnyxSm, Jun 30, 2020

2. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Small black box on screen - Similar Threads - Small black box

2. Small white box in lower right of screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Small white box in lower right of screen: This box just started appearing today. I have not installed anything new, nor run any virus scans until after the box appeared nothing found. I also have not changed the background or made any other display changes. There are no action items pending either. I rebooted but the...
  3. Small white box in lower right of screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Small white box in lower right of screen: This box just started appearing today. I have not installed anything new, nor run any virus scans until after the box appeared nothing found. I also have not changed the background or made any other display changes. There are no action items pending either. I rebooted but the...
  4. The unknown black box on the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The unknown black box on the screen: When I drag a window, a black box always appears in the lower left corner of the screen. What should I do to hide it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-unknown-black-box-on-the-screen/ea364f12-6bbc-45f9-9492-e5f5ea9cd5a2
  5. The unknown black box on the screen

The unknown black box on the screen: When I drag a window, a black box always appears in the lower left corner of the screen. What should I do to hide it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-unknown-black-box-on-the-screen/ea364f12-6bbc-45f9-9492-e5f5ea9cd5a2
  6. black box in middle of screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    black box in middle of screen: I have a black box in the middle of my screen. How do I remove this box? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-box-in-middle-of-screen/9b5e32cb-87ec-4939-810b-519efbd9867b
  7. black box in middle of screen

black box in middle of screen: I have a black box in the middle of my screen. How do I remove this box? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-box-in-middle-of-screen/9b5e32cb-87ec-4939-810b-519efbd9867b
  8. Windows desktop has small black box on it, unable to remove

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows desktop has small black box on it, unable to remove: Hi I am using a dual monitor set up. The main monitor is connected to a RX 470 GPU. Whenever I start the PC a small black box opens up and will not go away. It can be resized but not selected by right click and left click. I have updated Windows 10 and run "sfc/scannow"/...
  9. Black screen with small blue dialog box asking for a password. HELP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen with small blue dialog box asking for a password. HELP: Hello, I had wiped my drives to give my computer to a friend and now when I boot it up, I have this password request and it had no password set and no password entered will work. Restarting it will do nothing. If it has to have a clean install, are there any links that...
  10. Flashing black box on screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Flashing black box on screen: I keep getting a box that comes up on the screen and it says C:\WINDOWS\System32\cmd.exe. What can I do to stop this nuisance. None of the antivirus, malware and RKill show anything causing this situation? Any suggestions, I am a newbie so a detailed answer is needed...