Windows 10: Small disconnects from network every few hours on Windows 10.

Discus and support Small disconnects from network every few hours on Windows 10. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Every few hours I will get a small nosedive in network activity that disconnects me from whatever I am doing. I have only noticed it in games and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pach388, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Pach388 Win User

Small disconnects from network every few hours on Windows 10.

Every few hours I will get a small nosedive in network activity that disconnects me from whatever I am doing. I have only noticed it in games and streaming content so far but I have no reason to believe its not happening in the background even when I'm not doing those things. Resource monitor doesn't show anything crazy. Network activity will spike down to zero for under a second, then spike up, then return to normal. No CPU jumps, no memory or drive activity outside of programs dealing with the disconnect. Its a small enough disconnect that if I wasn't doing intensive tasks that require a stable connection I would probably never notice it. I have checked other computers/devices on the network and not found the same behavior. I've checked the problem PC on both wired/wifi, along with different network adaptors and found the same issue.

Here is the shortlist of stuff I have tried.

• Basic router checks. Cycling power, different ports, quick scan of settings to make sure things aren't obviously wrong.
    • Monitoring processes and graphs when the problem occurs. I didn't see any obvious offenders or crazy resource usage.
    • Making sure the network adaptor isn't being turned off with power options.
    • Cycling through different network cards and adaptors on both ethernet and wifi.
    • Checking for viruses
    • Checking RAM and storage for errors.

Anybody experienced anything like this before? As I said its not a big disconnect, generally just fractions of a second every two hours or so. I'm on a relatively fresh install but tonight I'm planning on updating the bios and reinstalling. Going to start completely fresh with just a web browser and no extra usb devices for a few hours and see if I disconnect.

:)

Pach388, Mar 3, 2021
  2. Mussels Win User

Basic Network guide

I'll be adding a small page on doing this in windows vista soon, since XP is the same with a step or two less, i assume people will figure it out.

Mussels, Mar 3, 2021
  3. Windows 10 frequently disconnects from Network

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter
    Method 2: Try updating the latest Network Adapter drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

• Follow the steps to update the Network Adapter drivers:
    • Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand Network Adapter.
    • Right-click on the Ethernet and click on Update driver software.
    • Restart the computer and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 3, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

1. Small disconnects from network every few hours on Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Small disconnects network

2. Black screening every few hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screening every few hours: Hi, My pc has been crashing every now and again for the past few weeks, but now it is starting to happen every hour. It is also no longer giving me a blue screen and is now just turning off my monitors and black screening. I have tried quite a lot of solutions online but...
  3. Black screening every few hours

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screening every few hours: Hi, My pc has been crashing every now and again for the past few weeks, but now it is starting to happen every hour. It is also no longer giving me a blue screen and is now just turning off my monitors and black screening. I have tried quite a lot of solutions online but...
  4. OS crashing every few hours

OS crashing every few hours: My operating system Windows 10 has been rock solid for a couple of years now. I attribute this mostly due to the fact that I have managed to prevent the operating system from updating all that time through various methods. A couple of months or so ago Windows suddenly got...
  5. OS crashing every few hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OS crashing every few hours: My operating system Windows 10 has been rock solid for a couple of years now. I attribute this mostly due to the fact that I have managed to prevent the operating system from updating all that time through various methods. A couple of months or so ago Windows suddenly got...
  6. Random BSOD every few hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD every few hours: My computer crashes intermittently even if I'm not there doing anything and it's asleep every once in a while, I don't know what's causing it. The error code reads 139, so following instructions I found on here and used the Driver Verifier, crashing as a result of it, then...
  7. Network disconnect every 7 hours and 27 seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network disconnect every 7 hours and 27 seconds: Our PC's network connection gets interrupted exactly every 7 hours and 27/28 seconds sometimes 6 hours 30 minutes and 27/28 seconds. This has been happening like clockwork ever since installing a "Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004" on Dec 12 2020 and was not...
  8. My laptop disconnects from the WiFi every few hours and is not able to detect any available...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop disconnects from the WiFi every few hours and is not able to detect any available...: I've been facing this problem for a few months now. I've updated to the latest driver. All of my other devices are still connected to the WiFi while the laptop isn't. The power settings for wireless network are all set to maximum performance Any other advice that I can...
  9. BSODs Every Few Hours

BSODs Every Few Hours: Hello, my laptop has been having various BSODs throughout this year. In a day it can restart once every two hours. The most common errors are memory management, unexpected store exception, kernel data inpage error, critical process died, bad system config info and invalid...
  10. BSOD every few hours

BSOD every few hours: Hello Community, i'm pretty well tech educated but i am running into some issues with a pc built for my uncle that is experiencing frequent blue screens of death. But we are having issues figuring out which hardware component or driver is failing. The Error/BSOD:...