Windows 10: Small drop down menu pops up while typing

Discus and support Small drop down menu pops up while typing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Please help me to get rid of this small drop down menu that pops up while I am typing, forcing me to stop. I have to make a click with a mouse in order... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NenadB, Mar 14, 2019.

1. NenadB Win User

Small drop down menu pops up while typing

Please help me to get rid of this small drop down menu that pops up while I am typing, forcing me to stop. I have to make a click with a mouse in order to continue typing.
    Please see att.

Thank you in advance.

:)

NenadB, Mar 14, 2019
  2. OrbitzXT Win User

Excel Drop Down Menu Question

I'm toying around with a project for work. We're trying to make an Excel spreadsheet that has a list of parts that employees would sort of use to build an order form. It's coming along nicely and works fairly well with the touch screen tablet we have, but I had a question. At the moment, when you highlight a cell that has a drop down list of choice, a small box with a down triangle appears in the bottom right. You click that, then the list of items appears. Is there anyway I can make it so that when you click the cell the drop down menu appears? This would make working with the spreadsheet on the tablet many times easier.

OrbitzXT, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Unable to access the operating system with Drop Box pop-up on Windows 10

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the operating system with Drop Box pop-up on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know when exactly you get the pop-up of Drop Box on your device?

I suggest you to boot the device to Safe mode with Networking from Windows Recovery Environment, disable the startup service for Drop box and check if helps.

Step 1: Steps to boot the device in Safe mode with Networking.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Step 2: Steps to disable Drop Box.

• Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc, under Startup
      tab, search for Drop Box.
    • Right click on it and click on Disable.

Step 3: Follow the below steps to
    place the computer in normal mode

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run
      command.
    • Type msconfig and press Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, click on
      General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on
      Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 14, 2019
  4. martian Win User

Pull-down or Drop-down Menu?

I decided to uninstall Firefox after the entries in the Favorites doubled.
    (Example: the Yahoo Mail sign-in page appears twice in the list. Deleting
    one also deletes the other.)

I have been looking for browsers with pull-down or drop-down menus but
    could only find Chrome-styled browsers (without pull-down or drop-down menus).

Would anyone suggest an old style browser?

TIA.

martian, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Small drop down menu pops up while typing - Similar Threads - Small drop down

2. disable letter pop up while type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disable letter pop up while type: sir, my brother not deliberate click something and i dont know to disable it, please help me thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-letter-pop-up-while-type/7356b7d4-f8b8-411c-a802-843e4ad4e06b
  3. disable letter pop up while type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disable letter pop up while type: sir, my brother not deliberate click something and i dont know to disable it, please help me thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-letter-pop-up-while-type/7356b7d4-f8b8-411c-a802-843e4ad4e06b
  4. Drop down menu flickering

Drop down menu flickering: I tried many ways nothing worked excpet this..Disconnect the keyboard and or touch pad from themotherboard. Replace new or start using usb keyboard/mouse. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drop-down-menu-flickering/95e5827b-cbb9-41d7-8bc6-c15463edaa84
  5. Drop-Down Menu Not Appearing

Drop-Down Menu Not Appearing: Hi, Microsoft Community! I've just stumbled upon an issue with my Windows laptop where nothing happens when I right-click my mouse. Usually, this prompts the drop-down menu. I'm also no longer able to copy anything using the highlight method since the highlighting doesn't...
  6. Drop-Down Menu Not Appearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Drop-Down Menu Not Appearing: Hi, Microsoft Community! I've just stumbled upon an issue with my Windows laptop where nothing happens when I right-click my mouse. Usually, this prompts the drop-down menu. I'm also no longer able to copy anything using the highlight method since the highlighting doesn't...
  7. Boot menu popping up while startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Boot menu popping up while startup: I am using Hp laptop with only one OS windows 10 installed, but whenever i startup the laptop windows boot menu is popping up why it is happening? and how to stop it?...
  8. Drop down menu / Autoscroll

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drop down menu / Autoscroll: Recently I noticed that when I right click, instead of a drop down menu, the auto scroll function activates. At first I thought this was a word issue but then I noticed that it occurred anywhere where I could use the scrolling function. For example when in a word document, or...
  9. Media App Pop Up while Typing

Media App Pop Up while Typing: Hi, This recently started happening for no apparent reason, whenever I am typing - doesn't seem to matter in which program - emails, word docs or even now as I type this, the media player or Groove Music will randomly pop up, seems like it might be responding to short cut...
  10. Pull-down or Drop-down Menu?

in Browsers and Email
    Pull-down or Drop-down Menu?: I decided to uninstall Firefox after the entries in the Favorites doubled. (Example: the Yahoo Mail sign-in page appears twice in the list. Deleting one also deletes the other.) I have been looking for browsers with pull-down or drop-down menus but could only find...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what to do when typing drop down menu appears

2. drop down screen pops up when typing

3. short menu pops up