Windows 10: Small duplicate window opens when I start Edge...how to close smaller one?

Discus and support Small duplicate window opens when I start Edge...how to close smaller one? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I opened Windows 10 this AM and clicked on EDGE, the browser opened as usual but there was a duplicate small screen in the corner, taking up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JuliaRider, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Small duplicate window opens when I start Edge...how to close smaller one?

When I opened Windows 10 this AM and clicked on EDGE, the browser opened as usual but there was a duplicate small screen in the corner, taking up screen space. How do I get full screen with only ONE window open?

:)

JuliaRider, Oct 17, 2019

2. Microsoft Edge keeps on closing after a few seconds of opening it

Edge is Awesome for Browsing. Seems like this is a problem that many users are facing.
    Do this: Disconnect your Internet and follow these steps

Steps: Microsoft Edge Closes Immediately after opening - Solved | Fix Errors

Windows10users, Oct 17, 2019
  3. Kattap Win User
    Small duplicate screen in Microsoft edge window

I have a small duplicate screen on my Microsoft edge screen. How do I get rid of it? Does this mean I have a virus? my window version is 1803

Kattap, Oct 17, 2019
  4. SoCal Win User

Small duplicate window opens when I start Edge...how to close smaller one?

Win-10 Edge closes immediately after opening

My upgrade from Win-7 to Win-10 seemed to go faultlessly, everything including Edge worked correctly. After a couple of hours though, Edge no longer will open properly, The basic blue screen w/logo comes up for 5 seconds or so and immediately closes. Shortly thereafter the Start button also stopped opening, although by right-clicking I could get the basic function list so could still stumble along.
    The Start button problem was fixed by going back to my first Restore point (created by an automatic upgrade), but the Edge problem persists in spite of trying various fixes from posts dating back to the beta-test period. Obviously this is a problem that has existed from the early beta issues ... and it ain't fixed yet!! Any suggestions appreciated, because I note that Win-10 depends heavily on Web access via Edge.

SoCal, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

Small duplicate window opens when I start Edge...how to close smaller one?

1. Small duplicate window opens when I start Edge...how to close smaller one? - Similar Threads - Small duplicate window

2. Edge closes the previous tab when I open a new one

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge closes the previous tab when I open a new one: Using Windows 10 Home and Edge Version 90.0.818.46 Official build 64-bitAny time I open a new tab it closes the previous tab. I've shut down and restarted but the problem is still there. Probably going to use Chrome instead if this continues....
  3. When I open the start menu, it just closes

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I open the start menu, it just closes: When I press the windows key, the start menu comes up for a split second then closes. If you can give any suggestions or solutions to help me fix it that would be greatly appreciated....
  4. Small window quickly opens and closes regularly

Small window quickly opens and closes regularly: Hi, I've had a persisting issue of some small window roughly 500px by 500px that opens and closes so quickly I can't figure out what it is and what is wrong. I just installed windows on this machine a couple months ago and I have not messed with installing any...
  5. When I start Edge Chromium to tabs open ?

in Browsers and Email
    When I start Edge Chromium to tabs open ?: For some reason when I open Edge Chromium it opens two tabs. Both instances of Edge run fine. I just choose one, close the other either, and move on. It has me wondering is there a simple fix for this ? Windows 10 version 2004 OS Build 19041.610 Edge version 86.0.622.63...
  6. When I start Edge Chromium to tabs open ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When I start Edge Chromium to tabs open ?: For some reason when I open Edge Chromium it opens two tabs. Both instances of Edge run fine. I just choose one, close the other either, and move on. It has me wondering is there a simple fix for this ? Windows 10 version 2004 OS Build 19041.610 Edge version 86.0.622.63...
  7. Edge creates a duplicate icon on the taskbar when I open it.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge creates a duplicate icon on the taskbar when I open it.: I'm using Chromium Edge. When I pin it it to the taskbar, no matter from where, it doesn't work correctly. When I click Edge on the taskbar it creates another Edge icon which is where the actual window is. So there's two Edge icons on the taskbar when I have Edge open. I...
  8. when i enter microsoft edge I get a duplicate small window above on the left side. how can...

when i enter microsoft edge I get a duplicate small window above on the left side. how can...: when I enter Microsoft edge I get a duplicate small window above on the left side. how can I get rid of it to see my whole page ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-enter-microsoft-edge-i-get-a-duplicate/53c69920-a5b8-4009-8629-0d0f4c961588
  9. Small duplicate screen in Microsoft edge window

Small duplicate screen in Microsoft edge window: I have a small duplicate screen on my Microsoft edge screen. How do I get rid of it? Does this mean I have a virus? my window version is 1803...
  10. Microsoft Edge opens two pages when clicked on. I can only close one.

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge opens two pages when clicked on. I can only close one.: I have Microsoft Edge set to open a blank page when opened. When I click on it in the taskbar, two blank page Edge windows open. One closes with X but the other one only closes with Task Manager. How do I fix this? 49758