Windows 10: Small gap on screen when maximized, cannot drag past, full-screen okay

Discus and support Small gap on screen when maximized, cannot drag past, full-screen okay in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; There is a gap between the right side of a maximized window and the edge of the monitor (aka opposite my task bar). This frequently happens after I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Zbee, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Zbee Win User

Small gap on screen when maximized, cannot drag past, full-screen okay

There is a gap between the right side of a maximized window and the edge of the monitor (aka opposite my task bar). This frequently happens after I exit a full-screen Steam game (such as cs:go), but I don't know if it's because of the game/video drivers, or if Cortex starts whatever problem causing application to open up again incorrectly. Restarting Explorer does nothing.

This has been asked and answered a few different times, but I was hoping there was a way I could dump my currently open tasks, or startup tasks, and have it narrowed down versus restarting my computer 400 times.

This is what Razer Cortex closes then starts back up when I leave a game:
    Processes:
    • amddvr.exe
    • amdow.exe
    • jetbrains-toolbox.exe
    • RadeonSettings.exe
    • RescueTime.exe
    • SearchUI.exe
    • ShareX.exe
    • SkypeHost.exe
    • UninstallMonitor.exe
    Services:
    • DPS
    • fdPHost
    • FDResPub
    • FontCache
    • PcaSvc
    • QWAVE
    • Spooler
    • stisvc
    • StorSvc
    • TabletInputService
    • TermService
    • VaultSvc
    • W32Time
    Non-Windows Services:
    • AdvancedSystemCareService11
    • IObitUnSvr
    • KMWDSERVICE
    • MBAMService
    • TinyWall

:)

2. Screen Size

Apologies if this has already been asked but I couldn't see anything in this forum.

I've upgraded to windows 10 and all went smoothly, however there is 1 small thing that's really irritating me.

When I open an app (Firefox, excel etc) and position it to the edge of the screen (lets say the right) it's fine, however when I close the app and re-op it, it doesn't remember where it was last positioned like on previous versions of windows. It also won't
    let you drag something to full screen, it always leaves a gap round the edge (unless i click the maximize button)

I've tried re-sizing the screen resolution and that doesn't work

Appreciate Microsoft probably have more important issues to address first, but it's really annoying and wondered if anyone else has come access this issue?

Thanks in advance if anyone is able to help

Paul

PaulJWesterman, Apr 29, 2018
  3. Google opens as a very small page

A small window that needs to be resized?

Grab the corners of the window and drag it to full screen size. Do not use Maximize. Close all other windows first via the Taskbar and this one last. Windows will remember the size used of the last window closed the next time you open the program.

Or, whichever shortcut you are using to launch the window, right click it and select properties. Under the 'Run' drop-down, choose "Maximized".

Bruce Hagen, Apr 29, 2018
  4. Zbee Win User

Today I had the problem, locked my computer, and was away from it for 4+ hours, and no longer have the problem. No clue if that narrows it down.

Thema:

1. Small gap on screen when maximized, cannot drag past, full-screen okay - Similar Threads - Small gap screen

2. Cannot drag a maximized window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot drag a maximized window: Hello all, I bought a new mouse, and as soon as I use the new mouse I am unable to pick up a window and drag over to my second screen... it stops at the edge of the screen in the middle when the mouse cursor gets there. I have to pick up the window on the other window with my...
  3. Cannot drag a maximized window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot drag a maximized window: Hello all, I bought a new mouse, and as soon as I use the new mouse I am unable to pick up a window and drag over to my second screen... it stops at the edge of the screen in the middle when the mouse cursor gets there. I have to pick up the window on the other window with my...
  4. Cannot drag a maximized window

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Gap in screen

Gap in screen: There is a gap between my taskbar and my window screen. I check on settings and it is set to 100 percent. I tried to use different resolution and scaling there is no effect at all....
  6. Gap in screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gap in screen: There is a gap between my taskbar and my window screen. I check on settings and it is set to 100 percent. I tried to use different resolution and scaling there is no effect at all....
  7. Gap in screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Full screen mode in non-maximized window

Full screen mode in non-maximized window: I have limited screen space while working from home. I use four-way screen split in my laptop, and I am mostly using reading, typing, browsing and note taking apps. The toolbars above the app like tabs in chrome + search bar + bookmarks bar take too much real-estate in that...
  9. Gap on screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Gap on screen.: There is a 5/8" gap between the open page and the top of the screen. Some help Please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gap-on-screen/52808646-1efb-47bb-8b11-2e98d5901c04
  10. Small screen on top of full screem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Small screen on top of full screem: Small tabs showing pictures of full screen on top to my normal tabs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/small-screen-on-top-of-full-screem/cea8daac-8ef9-435c-971f-1a73d4d83519

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fullscreen gap on side of screen

2. maximized windows leave gap at bottom in windows 10

3. windows 10 small gap at bottom when maximized

4. there is a gap between top of internet page and monitor with window maximized with background blurry