Windows 10: Small Gray Rectangle in Upper Left Corner

Discus and support Small Gray Rectangle in Upper Left Corner in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; First of all, I am using a Surface Pro 3. This problem is weird because it only happens once in a while when my laptop goes to sleep (but not always),... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WesleyHixon, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Small Gray Rectangle in Upper Left Corner

First of all, I am using a Surface Pro 3. This problem is weird because it only happens once in a while when my laptop goes to sleep (but not always), and it only goes away once I restart my computer.

Small Gray Rectangle in Upper Left Corner [​IMG]

I cannot use my desktop while it is there, and I can move the gray bar.

Small Gray Rectangle in Upper Left Corner 060264f2-99f2-47eb-a872-5830cdd777e8?upload=true.png

When I move it more are in the top left, and I can't interact with it other than move it around. Nothing happens when I click the other bars underneath the original. If I left or right click on the desktop after I move the bar, it will go back to the original position. I checked the task manager, and it doesn't seem to be an app, but it could be a background process. Please help because it's really annoying to have to restart my computer every time this happens.

:)

WesleyHixon, Nov 27, 2018
  2. twiggs462 Win User

Small White Square in Upper Left Corner - Cannot Remove

Here is the exact process

twiggs462, Nov 27, 2018
  3. twiggs462 Win User
    Small White Square in Upper Left Corner - Cannot Remove

This is going to be hard to see, but above the left of the recycle bin icon... there is a tiny white square. When I put my mouse cursor over it I get the cursor to change to the activity cursor (spinning blue circle) - I have no idea what application is causing this and have stopped all tasks starting with windows on boot.

Any ones else ever see this?

HP Spectre Laptop with latest BIOS as of this post installed. All windows updates.

twiggs462, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Small Gray Rectangle in Upper Left Corner

Mouse is erratic at upper left corner

Hello!

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (i.e., updates, software installation)
    This has been happening since the Windows 10 update, no issues prior to the Windows 10 update

• Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    It has occurred non-stop since the Windows 10 upgrade, no issues prior to that upgrade.

• When did the issue first begin?
    After the Windows 10 update.

• To make sure we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?
    I have found a work around by decreasing the resolution on my laptop to be at 1024x768 instead of the recommended 1366x768. I cannot increase resolution from 1024x768 without the mouse being erratic and uncontrollable in the upper left corner .

Meemmeem_811, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

Small Gray Rectangle in Upper Left Corner

1. Small Gray Rectangle in Upper Left Corner - Similar Threads - Small Gray Rectangle

2. A small bar appears at the upper left corner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A small bar appears at the upper left corner: I installed a new game on my laptop yesterday. Whenever I try to press a key when playing the game, I get this small bar that stops me from playing my game. There seems to be nothing attached to it and my taskbar doesn't show an app opening either. Any ideas?...
  3. A small bar appears at the upper left corner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A small bar appears at the upper left corner: I installed a new game on my laptop yesterday. Whenever I try to press a key when playing the game, I get this small bar that stops me from playing my game. There seems to be nothing attached to it and my taskbar doesn't show an app opening either. Any ideas?...
  4. UPPER LEFT CORNER FLOATING WINDOW

in Windows 10 Customization
    UPPER LEFT CORNER FLOATING WINDOW: How do you remove this thing showing on the upper left of my screen, I dont have any third party apps installed, no Rainmeter or whatnots. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upper-left-corner-floating-window/c031330f-533b-4473-9577-b25ceca7a946
  5. Weird gray bars in upper-left corner of screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird gray bars in upper-left corner of screen: So there are these weird gray-blue bars that appear in the upper-left corner of my screen. #2 is by default on top of #1, and is able to be dragged around by mouse, but when you click the screen, it returns to the corner. #1 is not able to be moved, and when it is clicked it...
  6. Extreme upper left corner of monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Extreme upper left corner of monitor: At the extreme upper left corner of the screen, there is a tiny white dot. When I put the mouse cursor on it, I get one of those spinning blue "waiting" circles... well, actually only a quarter of one of those as if the top and entire left part of the circle is outside the...
  7. HELP icon at upper left corner of screen.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HELP icon at upper left corner of screen.: This morning I turned on the Windows 10 computer, version 1909, and found that the list of commands that spring down from the FILE command in the upper left corner of the screen were completely different from the night before. There are fewer commands and PRINT is not one of...
  8. Strange white rectangle on the upper left corner of my desktop - any ideas on what it is...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange white rectangle on the upper left corner of my desktop - any ideas on what it is...: It just appeared this morning as I logged in, please help! All of my desktop apps are gone from it. Whenever I click on it and drag, another box of the same size appears. submitted by /u/Blushberrii [link] [comments]...
  9. Rectangular Box in Upper Left Corner

in Windows 10 Support
    Rectangular Box in Upper Left Corner: I believe I accidentally generated this rectangular (not square) box while I was learning about the Magnifier. This rectangular (7.5 cm X 4.3 cm) box causes whatever is located underneath it to be slightly whiter than it normally would be. Everything functions properly while...
  10. Small White Square in Upper Left Corner - Cannot Remove

in Windows 10 Support
    Small White Square in Upper Left Corner - Cannot Remove: This is going to be hard to see, but above the left of the recycle bin icon... there is a tiny white square. When I put my mouse cursor over it I get the cursor to change to the activity cursor (spinning blue circle) - I have no idea what application is causing this and have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gray rectangle top left corner of windows

2. windows 10 rectangle upper left corner

3. windows 10 gray rectangle desktop

4. grey rectangle upper left