Windows 10: Small icons, but date still showing on taskbar

Discus and support Small icons, but date still showing on taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I don't want the date showing on my taskbar, so I put the icon size to small so only the time would show, but it's still showing the date as well. How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rosawoodsii, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Small icons, but date still showing on taskbar

I don't want the date showing on my taskbar, so I put the icon size to small so only the time would show, but it's still showing the date as well. How do I get rid of it? Obviously there's a glitch somewhere, but I don't know where to begin.

:)

rosawoodsii, Jun 19, 2017

2. taskbar clock not showing the date anymore after annyversary update

That is correct, I have set the taskbar to show small icons, but this was also the case when I was running build 1511 and it did show the date then. The taskbar settings have moved to the new Setting menu that smells like Windows 8.
    I cannot find the small icons setting there. Edit: it is now called "Use small taskbar buttons" and if I switch that off I get a taskbar that shows the date but also wastes precious vertical space. I wish the hardware manufacturers would get over
    this widescreen craze...

But I swear I had small icons in build 1511 and still had the date.

Willem Weetjewel, Jun 19, 2017
  3. Time Lady Win User
    taskbar clock not showing the date anymore after annyversary update

My first thought is that the taskbar is set to show small icons which does hide the date.

Time Lady, Jun 19, 2017
  4. Small icons, but date still showing on taskbar

Only time shows for me if I "Use small taskbar buttons". Are you using a third party theming program of custom menu program?

alphanumeric, Jun 19, 2017
  5. Nope. Just setting up this computer and not liking the hoops I have to jump through, the little glitches like this one.

rosawoodsii, Jun 20, 2017
  6. Wish I new the answer? What size monitor and what resolution? < Best guess?

alphanumeric, Jun 20, 2017
  7. pepanee Win User
    Hi, I understand your frustration on setting up machines; it's tedious.

But just to double check, you have the setting in the green box set exactly like it is in the attached image? If so, can you double click on the Date and take a screen shot of your monitor and post it back here?

Small icons, but date still showing on taskbar [​IMG]

pepanee, Jun 20, 2017
  8. Small icons, but date still showing on taskbar

Interesting. Though when I right clicked on the taskbar and selected "small icons"--and the icons became small, "small icons" was not turned on in Settings. Once I did that, all was well. Thank you for the heads up. I really don't like Windows 10, and this is one of the reasons why. Nothing is straightforward. I have more questions coming, but I'll save them for another thread.

Thank you again, papanee.

rosawoodsii, Jun 21, 2017
  9. pepanee Win User
    You're welcome Rosa.

And yea, sometimes certain settings are hidden all the way somewhere out there. I totally understand how you experience strange & weird things like this.

pepanee, Jun 21, 2017
  10. There is no "show small icons" in my taskbar right click menu? I just assumed you did it via "Taskbar Settings" link in that same right click menu.

alphanumeric, Jun 21, 2017
  11. Right click on task bar, select "View". Quick and easy, but apparently not efficient, as it does only half the job.

rosawoodsii, Jun 21, 2017
  12. Bree New Member
    There is no 'View' for a right click on the taskbar, but there is if you right-click on the desktop. You're not clicking in the right place, by the sounds of it...

Taskbar:

Desktop:

'Small icons' here refers to the desktop icons.

13. Small icons, but date still showing on taskbar

*Ditto to what Bree said. Desktop Icons and Taskbar Icons are two different things.

alphanumeric, Jun 21, 2017
  14. Whatever. I clicked on the taskbar and chose small icons and it gave small icons and didn't change the date/time until I went into the settings. Turns out I was clicking within the Quick Launch toolbar, so it changed it there an nowhere else.

rosawoodsii, Jun 22, 2017
  15. Well, here I am back again for the same problem. BTW, thee is a "view" for the taskbar, but you have to go almost to the end. At any rate, today the taskbar suddenly changed to the side (but I fixed that) and now the date AND time AND day of week are all showing and nothing I do seems to affect it. Since they're stacked on top of each other, it makes my taskbar very fat. I can't find how to turn off date and time, either, though that might be inconvenient--but better than what I have now. So...help again.

rosawoodsii, Oct 23, 2017
Thema:

Small icons, but date still showing on taskbar

1. Small icons, but date still showing on taskbar - Similar Threads - Small icons date

2. Single-row taskbar with small icons **and* showing the date?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Single-row taskbar with small icons **and* showing the date?: I use a single-row taskbar so as not to use up vertical screen space, preserving as much of that as possible for documents and apps. I also enable "Use small taskbar buttons" because big icons take up horizontal space on the taskbar, allowing me to see less of the titles of...
  3. Single-row taskbar with small icons **and* showing the date?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Single-row taskbar with small icons **and* showing the date?: I use a single-row taskbar so as not to use up vertical screen space, preserving as much of that as possible for documents and apps. I also enable "Use small taskbar buttons" because big icons take up horizontal space on the taskbar, allowing me to see less of the titles of...
  4. Single-row taskbar with small icons **and* showing the date?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Taskbar icons too small

Taskbar icons too small: Hi !! I recently had to change my laptop size to 100% because the software I'm using for work can't support my screen scaling, I have the 1920 x 1080 resolution because it's the clearest, but the issue here is my taskbar apps are tiny. I want to know if there's a solution to...
  6. Show date when using small icons taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Show date when using small icons taskbar: Hi If I want to have the small icons taskbar activated, the date doesn't appear. I've seen that you can enlarge the taskbar, and it will show up but, is there any other way of showing the date without changing the size of the icons nor taskbar? submitted by /u/tragorck...
  7. Not showing date on small taskbar?

Not showing date on small taskbar?: Heyo, On the small taskbar (right click > taskbar settings > use small taskbar buttons), it only shows the time (ex: 12:04 PM) on the very far right. I have my taskbar positioned on the bottom of my screen I did a little research, I guess there used to be a common fix where...
  8. Black screen with taskbar and icons still showing

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Black screen with taskbar and icons still showing: [IMG]I reset my laptop wanting to wipe it and start off fresh, but once i did, this happened. Im not sure what to do or how to fix it. basically cant do anything on it at all. There are no folders that cab open. Start menu cant open. Its basically just a dead screen that...
  9. Small buttons in the taskbar and hour + date

Small buttons in the taskbar and hour + date: Is that possible? I would like to use the small buttons for my taskbar, for having a little more space in my 13' laptop and because I like that tiny buttons. But I like to have the date together with the time (I'm really bad at telling which day is...). I know, it isn't the...
  10. Can I show the date in the taskbar with small Icons?

Can I show the date in the taskbar with small Icons?: Do I have to have the standard toolbar to see the date, or can it be made to show on a toolbar with small icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-show-the-date-in-the-taskbar-with-small/b5297cb6-4f24-4eff-978e-9e757c478e30

Users found this page by searching for:

1. add date to the taskbar while still using small taskbar buttons

2. even small icon date showing in task bar

3. windows 10 small taskbar show date