Windows 10: small internal hardrive

Discus and support small internal hardrive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I need to install updates, so I purchased a 1 TB external drive, my internal drive doesn't even have 1gb when stripped of all non essential files. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KenRockTEch, Dec 21, 2018.

1. small internal hardrive

I need to install updates, so I purchased a 1 TB external drive, my internal drive doesn't even have 1gb when stripped of all non essential files. It is a dell inspiron. I have a western digital external drive.

everything is backed up, I have a 16gb usb for any necessary ISO, I'm ready just give the word because this drive is full and apparently not built to accomidate updates.

Do I reinstall windows on to external (usb 3.0) and if so, how?

Any other suggestions?

Kenn

:)

KenRockTEch, Dec 21, 2018

2. windows 10 internal drive d how to take back ownership of the hardrive?

Hi Steve,

To help you with your concern regarding the internal hard drive, let me suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer
    • Right-click on the Drive D:
    • Select Properties
    • Click Security tab then select Advanced
    • Select Change after the Owner: line

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Dec 21, 2018
  3. Ma. Lau Win User
    Small icons setting won't change

I suggest that you change or uncheck Use small taskbar buttons by following the steps below:

• Right-click the Taskbar.
    • Select Properties.
    • In the Taskbar tab make sure that Use small taskbar is
      uncheck

small internal hardrive e377d97f-489c-45cb-8856-ca9160202472.jpg
    • Click Apply and OK.
    If the issue still persists, you can change the size of desktop icons.

• Right-click an empty space on the desktop.
    • Select View and choose either Large, Medium or Small icons.
    • Check if you can change the size of the taskbar button.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Dec 21, 2018
  4. small internal hardrive

Transfering files from SSD to Hardrive

I somehow managed to suck up 128GB on my SSD, so I want to move a few unimportant files to my hardrive so that I can only have things like the windowsOS and my games on the SSD and things like pictures, videos, other less important stuff on my hardrive.
    I've searched for quite a while but nobody has seemed to really pick on this topic, so I would like to know how I could move SSD files to a internal Hardrive.

Thanks!

InterstellarSailor, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

small internal hardrive

1. small internal hardrive - Similar Threads - small internal hardrive

2. Download to hardrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download to hardrive: Hi everyone! So I have this PC and I mainly got it to play games and it is a gaming computer passed down. So I tried downloading epic games for Fortnite and the epic games launcher downloaded but had no room for Fortnite. So I bought and external hard drive and it shows up on...
  3. My Internal hardrive disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Internal hardrive disappeared: I have a laptop and all of my internal hardrives except local disk c Is still there after 10 20 minutes my hardrive suddenly get deleted except local disk c...
  4. My Internal hardrive disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Internal hardrive disappeared: I have a laptop and all of my internal hardrives except local disk c Is still there after 10 20 minutes my hardrive suddenly get deleted except local disk c...
  5. Windows 10 Existing Disks and New Internal Hardrive not Recognized

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Existing Disks and New Internal Hardrive not Recognized: I have Windows 7 Pro installed on my computer. When I purchased it it came with Windows 10 but I had it setup with 7 instead, which I preferred. I would like to load 10. Since I already have the disks can I install 10 without any problem. These are the original disks that...
  6. Windows 10 Existing Disks and New Internal Hardrive not Recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Existing Disks and New Internal Hardrive not Recognized: I have Windows 7 Pro installed on my computer. When I purchased it it came with Windows 10 but I had it setup with 7 instead, which I preferred. I would like to load 10. Since I already have the disks can I install 10 without any problem. These are the original disks that...
  7. Windows 10 Existing Disks and New Internal Hardrive not Recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. External Hardrive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hardrive: How do i access my external HARDRIVE on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hardrive/216895a8-343c-4b49-93f2-d71f988de2a4
  9. Missing hardrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing hardrive?: I an SSD and 1 TB Hardrive. I've been looking all over on youtube on a fix to find my missing hard drive and I have yet to find a youtube video that works. It did show up this morning after I updated my Windows 10 but now it's gone this afternoon. Does anyone have a fix to...
  10. second internal hardrive (D) and file history

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    second internal hardrive (D) and file history: I reformatted drive d and now File history can't find the drive. I was able to do an image on the D drive somehow. Help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-internal-hardrive-d-and-file-history/a15a1aca-5cb4-4346-b4b8-c7cc33cbac25"