Windows 10: Small issue in latest build 18362....

Discus and support Small issue in latest build 18362.... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Got a strange issue! I have a Lenovo T530 laptop....and I was able to install 18362....after several failing tries of the update site, but eventually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by caldersm44, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Small issue in latest build 18362....

Got a strange issue! I have a Lenovo T530 laptop....and I was able to install 18362....after several failing tries of the update site, but eventually had to install via the ISO on a USB. EVERYTHING is working.....so I am very pleased. I do have one small issue. When I close my laptop lid for longer than 30 seconds....then when I open it up the screen is black. I have ALL power options turned to never shut down....ultra performance mode for each and every setting. Hibernation has been removed with the Powercfg command. I also have the "Do Nothing" when the lid closes. I did not have this issue with 1809 at all. I was having to hold down the power button to shut down and then power it back up, but I found the key sequence of WIN-CTR_SHIFT_B....which resets the graphics driver, and it immediately pops me back to the desktop without shutting down. It does not happen when I am docked with my two external monitors and the lid is shut....only when it is on its own....with battery or power....it doesn't matter. I have downgraded the intel video driver....but it did not fix it. I can live with it....but the engineer is dying inside to get to the bottom of the issue. Any thoughts or ideas on how to find the issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much..!!

:)

caldersm44, Mar 27, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 27, 2019
  3. upgrading from 1511-11099.100 to latest build

Hi Sudhakar,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Are you using wired/ wireless internet connection?
    • How exactly are you trying to download the latest Build?

This issue might have occurred due to anti-virus software/ corrupted Windows Updates components.

Method 1:

Step 1: I suggest you to uninstall the anti-virus software installed on your device and check for the updates.

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: I suggest you to
    run the Windows Update troubleshooter and check.

Windows Update Troubleshooter resolves problems that prevents you from updating windows.

If the issue still persists then,

Method 2: I suggest you to try the steps mentioned in
    Reset Windows Update components
    and check if you are able to find the Windows Updates.

Registry disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that
    you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Refer to the below article to backup and restore the registry in Windows:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/

Note: The above links applies to Windows 10 as well.

Also, to know about Windows latest Build 11099 refer: Announcing
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11099

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 27, 2019
  4. Small issue in latest build 18362....

Start menu, cortana, notification area and metro apps won't work on build 10586

Hi Giovanni,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

This issue might occur if your Windows 10 operating system is not updated to the latest build.

I suggest you top try updating your system to the latest Windows 10 build and check if it helps.

The latest Windows 10 build is Build 14257.

Follow the below steps, to update your system to the latest build.

• Type settings in the Search area on the taskbar and select Settings.

• Select Update and Security.

• Click on Windows Update and select
      Check for Updates.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Mar 27, 2019
Thema:

Small issue in latest build 18362....

1. Small issue in latest build 18362.... - Similar Threads - Small issue latest

2. Windows 10 Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 Installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 Installed: Hi Experts, I have Windows 10 Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 Installed. Windows 10 Version 20H2 appears in my updates to download and install. My concern is should I not first install Windows Version 1909 Final first and then May 2020 before I install 20H2? Regards...
  3. Small problems with latest build

in Windows 10 Support
    Small problems with latest build: Welcome Just reinstalled win 10 with last build to have fresh system. Sad I connect wifi and got a bit refreshed old one back I learned before that windows screw always two my drivers; o2micro and qualcom snapdragon so make backup:) As usually win must be more clever than me...
  4. Network issue after Windows 10, version 1903 update version 10.0.18362 Build 18362

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network issue after Windows 10, version 1903 update version 10.0.18362 Build 18362: After restart the Network icon changed to a globe, it said I didn't have Internet access but I did. Normally my networks SSID displays, but that no longer does. Some .NET Framework 3.5 4.8 cumulative updates came up so I applied them, after the restart, the original...
  5. Graphics card issue after latest Win10 update 10.0.18362 Build 18362

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphics card issue after latest Win10 update 10.0.18362 Build 18362: I have an Alienware 17 R2 with GeForce GTX980m Everything seem to be running ok until the latest feature update. Since then I get a Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) on the 980m device and it will not come on at all. I tried...
  6. Windows 10 Build 18362 - Speakers not Working

Windows 10 Build 18362 - Speakers not Working: Symptom: ‘Sound’ reports Speakers Not Plugged In. Speakers and Headphones are greyed out. The only available items for Playback are ‘Digital Audio (S/PDIF)’ Hardware: Gigabyte MB X58-USB3, home built around 2013 Background: PC Working fine then Windows Update took it to...
  7. USB printer disappears with W10 build 18362

USB printer disappears with W10 build 18362: I updated my PC to Build 18362 and my Laserjet 2200D printer on a USB connection disappeared and I can't add it back in as its not discoverable. I updated another PC to the same build and it doesn't work on that either. I tried the pinter and cable on a laptop and it works...
  8. Snap Assist issues in May 2019 build 18362

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snap Assist issues in May 2019 build 18362: Hi, Since I've upgraded some Windows 10 computers to May 2019 (1903) build 18362, Snap Assist is no longer functioning. I cannot drag with my mouse to have multiple windows displayed. I've noticed that some Windows 10 computers on my network that have not been upgraded...
  9. Sandboxie Beta 5.31.1, fixes downloadi issue in W10 build 18362 (1903)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sandboxie Beta 5.31.1, fixes downloadi issue in W10 build 18362 (1903): Sandboxie Beta 5.31.1 has been released, it fixes issue that prevented files from being downloaded when browsing sandboxed (W10 1903). *Tongue To this point, that was the only known issue between Sandboxie and W10 1903. And now is fixed. *Smile Changes and fixes. Changes...
  10. updating to latest build issues

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    updating to latest build issues: howdy, i'm logged into windows accont but getting update to latest builds is always an issue, i'm on build 14251.rs1 release 160124-1059 but wont go any higher, try to do a system refresh keeping my files is not allowed, running media creation tool to try update refuses to...