Windows 10: Small magnifier icon on my desktop tray in Windows 10

Discus and support Small magnifier icon on my desktop tray in Windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I found small magnifier icon sometimes it appears more than 1 on my desktop tray and it disappeared when I hover it see image below. Can someone tell... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Albert_leung_leung, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Small magnifier icon on my desktop tray in Windows 10

I found small magnifier icon sometimes it appears more than 1 on my desktop tray and it disappeared when I hover it see image below. Can someone tell me what is it and what should I do? Thank you.

Small magnifier icon on my desktop tray in Windows 10 203badbc-6690-4bce-b725-d934113393b8?upload=true.png

:)

Albert_leung_leung, Jan 28, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

Can I have a tray icon for automatic maintenance windows 10

As the title says.

On windows 8.1 I have a small flag in the tray with a little clock to let me see that it's working, if so I usually let it do it's thing for 20 minutes or so till it's finished for that day.

Is it possible do get a tray icon in windows 10 to see if it's busy with maintenance?

P4-630, Jan 28, 2020
  3. skytrails Win User
    desktop agent tray error message in windows 10

I tried the following suggestion. When I got to step 4, the list provided no checkmarks to uncheck and the icon for Desktop Agent Tray was a checkmark in a yellow circle. nothing happened when I clicked on the yellow circle with the checkmark. the title
    on the list was Desktop Agent Tray(2) Clicking on the title opened a title beneath the Desktop Agent Tray (2) which did not have the (2)

the publisher of both titles was CenturyLink Inc and the status for the entry with the (2) was enabled and the status of the other entry was blank. Changing the status to disabled did nothing. the Start up impact was listed as high. There was another
    entry under the two Desktop Agent Tray titles There was an icon then Dw20 with a high start up impact. No where was there a place to uncheck or delete. So far the box which lists the error disappears and there seems to be no problem. I just wonder why
    it is there,

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

Desktop Tray Agent is a program used by Qwest to update their installer when setting up DSL (Digital Subscribers Line) based connections to computers. I suggest you to follow the steps below and check for the status:

• Press Windows key + R, type msconfig.
    • Go to Startup tab.
    • Click on Open Task Manager.
    • Uncheck Desktop Agent Tray from the list.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

skytrails, Jan 28, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

Small magnifier icon on my desktop tray in Windows 10

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

Small magnifier icon on my desktop tray in Windows 10

1. Small magnifier icon on my desktop tray in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Small magnifier icon

2. Strange unresponsive small icon on my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange unresponsive small icon on my desktop: For the last day or two I've been seeing this small icon on my desktop. It's less than a quarter the size of a normal icon which I've placed next to it for size comparison. Has anyone seen anything like this before?If I left-click or double-click on it, nothing happens. If I...
  3. Strange unresponsive small icon on my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange unresponsive small icon on my desktop: For the last day or two I've been seeing this small icon on my desktop. It's less than a quarter the size of a normal icon which I've placed next to it for size comparison. Has anyone seen anything like this before?If I left-click or double-click on it, nothing happens. If I...
  4. Desktop icon images too small

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icon images too small: The icons on my desktop have been normal for a week, but suddenly one of them has gone smaller.I am not using any third party software other than Wallpaper Engine. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance....
  5. windows 10 blue magnifying glass icon keeps popping up in system tray

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 blue magnifying glass icon keeps popping up in system tray: over the past couple of weeks i've noticed a blank icon with a blue magnifying glass in the bottom left corner keeps popping up in my system tray, and when i hover over the icon it instantly disappears. i'm wondering how i can fix this, and/or if it's a virus below i have...
  6. Windows 10 small icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 small icons: I have Windows 10 home edition, and when I select "details" or "small icons", all of my icon files *.ico show up as a thumbnail of a page, and not a picture of the icon itself. How do I fix that. On my work computer Windows 10 professional the 16x16 bit icons show up as the...
  7. Desktop icons really small?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop icons really small?: [ATTACH] Some of my desktop icons are really small compared to others (see image) and I can't figure out a way to return them to normal. In the image you can see three which are small, others like this are the Microsoft Solitaire, Edge browser, MS Office, and the photos...
  8. System tray icon for desktop

System tray icon for desktop: In Windows 7 system tray, an icon showed for the desk top. This is not so in Windows 10. If I am on a web site, how can I quickly return to the desk top without closing the web site. I do this now and then login to the web site again....
  9. icons on desktop got small

icons on desktop got small: After OneDrive was synced, some icons on my desktop got small but the rest of them stayed normal. What is the solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-on-desktop-got-small/5b34ec5f-969b-4d15-bc42-5377ec6f4037
  10. Small arrows my desktop icons

Small arrows my desktop icons: I recently noticed small arrows on many of the icons on my desktop. Why were they put there and are they a backdoor into my system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/small-arrows-my-desktop-icons/162c88a7-afd4-4f33-ae9d-8f871270d73b