Windows 10: Small Network/Workgroup

Discus and support Small Network/Workgroup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How di I create \Windows 10network at my office to share files, printer and internet access between 2 or more laptops running Windows 10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HarryWatson456, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Small Network/Workgroup

How di I create \Windows 10network at my office to share files, printer and internet access between 2 or more laptops

running Windows 10?

:)

HarryWatson456, Jul 16, 2019
  2. KenReiner Win User

Workgroup and Networks

Is the workgroup a subset of a network. I have 2 laptop computers and 1 wired printer which I want to be able to interface with each other . What is the best way to set up this connection? Is there a simple step by step instruction on how to set up a
    connection? I am using windows 10 on 2 Dell PC's and a HP printer.

KenReiner, Jul 16, 2019
  3. S_and_S Win User
    How to have my workgroup appear on the drop-down networks menu

'Workgroup' refers to a collection of computers, but it's only a name. You might use it for internal administration, but a workgroup is not something that's separately accessible as a unit, which is why you don't see your workgroup name in the networks list.
    That list is for networks

With that said, networks are divisible into subnetworks - subnets, for short - so if you re-made your workgroup into a subnet then it would show up in the list of networks.

Setting up a subnet is not that difficult but you'll have to spend some time learning how to do it, which means learning the basics of networking and the basics of IP addressing. It's beyond the scope of this forum, which is for Windows.

However, none of that is necessary if all you want to do is share files. That's easily enough accomplished with Windows' own built-in file sharing capability.

S_and_S, Jul 16, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

Small Network/Workgroup

Basic Network guide

I'll be adding a small page on doing this in windows vista soon, since XP is the same with a step or two less, i assume people will figure it out.

Mussels, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

Small Network/Workgroup

1. Small Network/Workgroup - Similar Threads - Small Network Workgroup

2. Small Network Setup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Small Network Setup: I have a router and a switch. They are connected to each other. I have 3 computers: C1, C2, C3. C1 connects to router via wireless. C2 and C3 connects to switch. Some computers use fixed IP. I can use Windows Explorer shared folder to connect between C2 and C3. I...
  3. Workgroups

Workgroups: how do I unjoin from a workgroup ? Somehow I am in a workgroup that I never recall joining and it is causing me problems. what can I do to remove my desktop from a workgroup?...
  4. Network ID Not changing from workgroup or domain to home network

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Network ID Not changing from workgroup or domain to home network: So recently, I decided that I would finally activate my windows 10, and bought a key. So when I went to the activation settings, this text pops up: We cant activate windows on your device because you not connected to your organizations network. But I'm not part of an...
  5. Windows 10 (no workgroup) - not seen on network

Windows 10 (no workgroup) - not seen on network: 3 computers working on a wifi network in a small office. Have been connected on a network and each computer can be seen by each computer. All of a sudden, the one computer cannot be seen by the other two nor can the other two see that computer. This is not the first time it...
  6. Network/Workgroup Sharing

Network/Workgroup Sharing: Sirs: I have two computers set up to use the same Workgroup. When I try to connect from one computer to the other. I get a message "You do not have permission to access (the shared directory)" on the other computer. I enabled all sharing and permissions that I can find...
  7. workgroup

workgroup: How do I setup a workgroup in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/workgroup/549ade62-03ff-435f-b64a-a53c87d620ee
  8. workgroup

workgroup: From a windows 10, Having trouble creating a workgroup with a windows 7. Bill https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/workgroup/5d5266c5-b447-4fe7-8324-104e5328d3d0
  9. Workgroup Network with Multiple User Accounts

Workgroup Network with Multiple User Accounts: I have a small workgroup (not homegroup) network setup with four PCs. Two are Win10 Pro, two are Win7 Pro. Each PC is used by one person and therefore has one user account. I have assigned permissions so that each PC can access the desired folders on the others. Everything is...
  10. Business type workgroup Network

Business type workgroup Network: Finally installed Win10 on a computer with raw HD. It installed realtively easy. But I can not figure out how to setup a network to see two Win7 computers on a small business type workgroup. I disabled Homegroup since I am most comfortable without them. But in trying to...