Windows 10: small office network requires password to logon

Discus and support small office network requires password to logon in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I know how to go to Network & Security and go through Advanced Sharing to turn off password protection. Got that. I click to save and attempt to move... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CharlesWestbrook1, Aug 11, 2020.

1. small office network requires password to logon

I know how to go to Network & Security and go through Advanced Sharing to turn off password protection. Got that. I click to save and attempt to move on. But the second I go back to see if it was saved, it has reverted back to the turn on password protection. I have been through this cycle many times, and it keeps changing itself back. Have not been able to figure this out. Any recommendations?

:)

CharlesWestbrook1, Aug 11, 2020
  2. wolf2009 Win User

Mapped network drives do not connect at logon in vista with automatic logon enabled

I have vista x64 . I have some mapped network drives . They get connected when i enter the password at logon screen. Now i enabled automatic logon in vista and they do not connect anymore . I have to double click on them and enter the password manually .

Windows displays the message "Could not connect to all drives" at logon .

They used to connect automatically in xo with automatic logon enabled.

My logon password is the same as the administrator password with which i can connect to these drives .

wolf2009, Aug 11, 2020
  3. Windows 10 logon requires 2 separate logons

It would be quite a deliberate "accident" to set a BIOS password because you actually need to get into BIOS to set it! Removing it requires the same steps: Get into the BIOS, then clear the password.

If you do not remember the BIOS password then there are two options:

• If this is a desktop PC then you need to open the case and remove the shiny button cell battery from the motherboard for 10 minutes. This will clear the BIOS password.
    • If this is a laptop then you need to return it to the distributor.

Frederik Long, Aug 11, 2020
  4. joewestin Win User

small office network requires password to logon

Is there anyway to bypass the initial logon that requires a password?

I have a problem with windows 10, is there anyway to bypass the initial logon that requires a password? I’ve done google and it only indicates ‘netplwiz’, i’ve done everything that’s suggested and it still fails.

joewestin, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

small office network requires password to logon

1. small office network requires password to logon - Similar Threads - small office network

2. Windows 11 logon requires password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 logon requires password: When I log on, it says "wrong password." When I select one of two identical users and type in my password, I can use the computer.Why are there two users with identical names?I have tried dozens of times to disable logon passwords from various web sites with no success.I have...
  3. Windows 11 logon requires password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 logon requires password: When I log on, it says "wrong password." When I select one of two identical users and type in my password, I can use the computer.Why are there two users with identical names?I have tried dozens of times to disable logon passwords from various web sites with no success.I have...
  4. Network Folder Requiring Password - Password Requirement is Disabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Folder Requiring Password - Password Requirement is Disabled.: Unable to access network folder to PC on network. 2 PCs on a wired network running Windows 10 Home Edition.Both are signed in with the same Microsoft account.Searching for this issue shows resolutions in 2015 using HOMEGROUP, but that function has been discontinued and i am...
  5. Network Folder Requiring Password - Password Requirement is Disabled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Folder Requiring Password - Password Requirement is Disabled.: Unable to access network folder to PC on network. 2 PCs on a wired network running Windows 10 Home Edition.Both are signed in with the same Microsoft account.Searching for this issue shows resolutions in 2015 using HOMEGROUP, but that function has been discontinued and i am...
  6. Network Folder Requiring Password - Password Requirement is Disabled.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Do SMB 2 and 3 REQUIRE that a target networked PC have logon password?

Do SMB 2 and 3 REQUIRE that a target networked PC have logon password?: If your devices are connecting to each other with SMB 2 or 3, is it REQUIRED that the initiating and/or target device in each instance have a logon password? Or can SMB 2 or 3 be set to connect and drop and get files between an initiating device and a target PC if both...
  8. Do SMB 2 and 3 REQUIRE that the target networked PC have a logon password?

Do SMB 2 and 3 REQUIRE that the target networked PC have a logon password?: If your devices are connecting to each other with SMB 2 or 3, is it REQUIRED that the initiating and/or target device in each instance have a logon password? Or can SMB 2 or 3 be set to connect and drop and get files between an initiating device and a target PC if both...
  9. No password to logon.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No password to logon.: [email protected];.com I inherited a computer but have no login password. I've tried several helps from the web without success. When I turn the computer on I get the password prompt screen. Stats are: HP ENVY 750qd Desktop PC Product number: Z9M79AV Model: Z9M79AVSer. #...
  10. Windows 10 small office network help

Windows 10 small office network help: Hi I have a small office with 3 pc's in and need to network them all together so we can share files etc over the network, on Windows 7, it worked fine but now on Windows 10 it don't seem to work, the pc's are on private network and all connected via ethernet cables going...