Windows 10: Small Office Networking - Cant see other computers

Discus and support Small Office Networking - Cant see other computers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; To whom it may concern, Please re-write your networking programs, access, and protocols. To make it easier for small business networking. You are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Angelo Zarra, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Small Office Networking - Cant see other computers

To whom it may concern,

Please re-write your networking programs, access, and protocols. To make it easier for small business networking. You are stopping the Country from working. Yes that's correct your company have shut down my company at times for the whole day because we lost a network connection.

Please send me the procedure on a perfect clean small business network install.

Maybe if you make it user friendly we would work more make more money and buy more of your products......... Instead i Lost another day and found another work aroung from "another local expert".

I can not see the mapped drive, i can not see the other computers, i can not find the buttons to fix this. We are on the same network. Please understand that your networking set up "is very poor". I have changed settings till i am blue in the face, i have had 3 network people in here to fix and make work around's. we have regedit and rebooted and spent $$$ until i decided to write this "Ask A question".

I own a small business and am responsable for 5-7 computers on a small business network, and 5-7 licences of Windows including 365 for all employees. I know that this pales in comparison to the "mega corp".

:)

Angelo Zarra, Nov 27, 2019
  2. Guest1 Win User

Basic Network guide

I'll be adding a small page on doing this in windows vista soon, since XP is the same with a step or two less, i assume people will figure it out.

Guest1, Nov 27, 2019
  3. Guest2 Win User
    SOLVED! Solution for a small office network

After much trial and error, I finally found a method of trial and success. I tried all solutions offered on this thread, to no avail. So I tried a few out-of-the box options and found one that seems to be working!!!

We have 10 computers in our office, 8 running Win10 and 2 running Win7, on the same Homegroup. All of the Win7 computers could see ALL of the other computers on the network, no problem. But ALL of the Win10 computers could not see all of the other Win10 computers. How to fix this?

The default in Win10 is to have NETBIOS turned off (or set to auto, which is basically off). The trick appears to be turning that NETBIOS setting on. Here are the steps of what I did, on my network, to get Win10 machines to be able to see each other on the NETWORK tab in File Explorer:

1- Click the Start Menu or Cortana search and type "network." (Or Click on Settings -> Network&Internet)
    2- Select Network and Sharing Center when it appears.
    3- Click on Change Adapter Settings in the left pane.
    4- Right-click on your Ethernet/Wireless adapter and select Properties.
    5- Select the TCP/IP v4 protocol and click Properties.
    6- Click the Advanced button.
    7- Click the WINS tab and check the box Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP.
    8- Click OK.
    9- Click OK.
    10- Click Close.

I did the above steps on EVERY one of the Win10 computers and then powered it off. After all computers were changed and powered down, I rebooted the main computer that the Homegroup was originally set up on first. Then I rebooted each other computers and voila... I can now see each and every Win10 computer from any other computer.

Hope this helps some of you!

Guest2, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Guest3 Win User

Small Office Networking - Cant see other computers

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

Guest3, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

Small Office Networking - Cant see other computers

1. Small Office Networking - Cant see other computers - Similar Threads - Small Office Networking

2. cant see other computer on network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant see other computer on network: We have 3 computers A,B,C on the network. A and C can be seen from all computers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-other-computer-on-network/50d53e2e-4ee1-4963-b52b-f4d724902710
  3. cant see other computer on network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant see other computer on network: We have 3 computers A,B,C on the network. A and C can be seen from all computers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-other-computer-on-network/50d53e2e-4ee1-4963-b52b-f4d724902710
  4. see other computers on network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    see other computers on network: I have tried many of the recommendations online, but none seem to work.Surely there is a way to make transfering files from one computer to another possible, using my home network.Thanks for help.greg...
  5. see other computers on network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    see other computers on network: I have tried many of the recommendations online, but none seem to work.Surely there is a way to make transfering files from one computer to another possible, using my home network.Thanks for help.greg...
  6. see other computers on network

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Cant see computers on network.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant see computers on network.: I cant get to them via \\computer name, but the machine cannot see itself or others in the list. Other can reach the machine via \\computer name, but it doesnt show up on in the networl/computer list. DNS CLIENTFUNCTION automatic DISCOVERY RESOURCE automatic SSDP Discovery...
  8. Can’t see other Computer on Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can’t see other Computer on Network: My laptop running Windows 10 is connected to a router via secure wifi. Our desktop is connected to the same router via ethernet (on 2 separate private networks) and was just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. The desktop is able to transfer files to the laptop through...
  9. Not seeing other computers in network

Not seeing other computers in network: After january updates I haven't been able to see other computers in same network via file explorer, all computers are in same network since I can map as a drive shared folder (just takes bit longer than simply browsing with file explorer) and february update didn't fix it so...
  10. See Other Computer on Home Network

See Other Computer on Home Network: Tried seems everything. One computer on home network can see and access public folders of the other 4 computers. But, other 4 computers cannot do same. All are running updated Windows 10. All sharing and network discovery turned on. Went out to command prompt as...