Windows 10: Small question about OS'es...

Discus and support Small question about OS'es... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm just wondering, could I put (for example!!) Ubuntu on my PC on another (seperate) HD and leave Windows on the main HD? (so no dualboot) How would I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RingTailCoon, May 12, 2021.

1. Small question about OS'es...

I'm just wondering, could I put (for example!!) Ubuntu on my PC on another (seperate) HD and leave Windows on the main HD? (so no dualboot) How would I achieve this?

:)

RingTailCoon, May 12, 2021
  2. Fif23 Win User

About to buy Xeon ES CPU, Which stepping would be safest

Im gonna have a duel xeon cpu setup, was looking to get couple of E5 ES models since the retails are so expensive, PC will be used for work, obviously
    Just need to know what stepping are safe to deal with

Any ideas, suggestions let me know !

Thanks !

Fif23, May 12, 2021
  3. Advise for/against engineering sample cpu

So are they identifiable through a print on the dye, BIOS or CPUZ (family, stepping, Model, revision) ?

Can anyone post a CPUZ of an ES cpu please?

It could equally be a genuine part being "suggestively" marketed.

CAPSLOCKSTUCK, May 12, 2021
  4. Ma. Lau Win User

Small question about OS'es...

Small icons setting won't change

I suggest that you change or uncheck Use small taskbar buttons by following the steps below:

• Right-click the Taskbar.
    • Select Properties.
    • In the Taskbar tab make sure that Use small taskbar is
      uncheck

Small question about OS'es... [​IMG]
    • Click Apply and OK.
    If the issue still persists, you can change the size of desktop icons.

• Right-click an empty space on the desktop.
    • Select View and choose either Large, Medium or Small icons.
    • Check if you can change the size of the taskbar button.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, May 12, 2021
Thema:

Small question about OS'es...

1. Small question about OS'es... - Similar Threads - Small question OS'es

2. Small question about OS'es...

in Windows 10 Support
    Small question about OS'es...: I'm just wondering, could I put (for example!!) Ubuntu on my PC on another (seperate) HD and leave Windows on the main HD? (so no dualboot) How would I achieve this? 179182
  3. about windows small error

in Windows 10 Customization
    about windows small error: this is happen when i selecting files on the desktop the selecting blue box missing. [ATTACH] why this is happening it should be like this [ATTACH] is it happening because my system files corrupt??...
  4. Just a small question.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just a small question.: Is there any way to open task manager while in the Windows 10 Boot/Loading Screen? submitted by /u/Flatbox52 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ho42q4/just_a_small_question/
  5. Hey guys, small question about factory reset and hard drives

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hey guys, small question about factory reset and hard drives: My laptop is running really slow and I wanted to do a reset of my windows. I am someone who often tries out settings and forgets he changed them a day later so I also want to wipe the personalisation. My thinking: i have to built in hard drives: a ssd for my OS and a normal...
  6. small question about data when upgrading to windows 10 from 7

in Windows 10 Support
    small question about data when upgrading to windows 10 from 7: If I install windows 10 on the same drive I have windows 7 on, replacing it, will stuff like my documents folder, appdata folders, and everything on my desktop move directly over and be in the same place as they were before? This is really important because alot of programs...
  7. Just a small question about Steam

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Just a small question about Steam: Just wanted to know if my Windows 10 laptop with nothing extra on it, (e.g. extra storage, not including apps) could run Portal 1. Thanks in advance! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/just-a-small-question-about-steam/7e259984-551d-4e8b-8d98-7528116a0a87
  8. Few Small Questions About After The Recent Big Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Few Small Questions About After The Recent Big Update: So after the big update, I have a few questions. 1. Some of my tiles in the start menu have changed colour from blue to black don't look right next to the blue tiles. How do I change it back to what it was before? 2. Safe to remove both "$WINDOWS.~BT" and "Windows.old"...
  9. Running 2 OS'es Simultaneously?

in Windows 10 Support
    Running 2 OS'es Simultaneously?: Could you Boot 2 Operating Systems at the same time on different monitors? This would practically mean 2 computers running off the same tower but is it possible? LinusTechTips posted a video about this ([MEDIA]) but I don't want to run it as a server, just 2 machines not 3...
  10. UEFI boot -- get rid of loads of OS'es (about 7) on boot menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UEFI boot -- get rid of loads of OS'es (about 7) on boot menu: Upgrading macOS destroys Windows boot too if you dual boot using EFI. It will wipe it or any other boot manager from the list. They both (Windows and macOS) like to make themselves the top dog. Linux is well behaved in that regard - I find it well behaved *Smile