Windows 10: small red x by Administrator account, what does it mean & how to clear it?

Discus and support small red x by Administrator account, what does it mean & how to clear it? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Have a small red x by Administrator account, what does it mean & how to clear it?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ArtGasch, Jul 7, 2021.

1. ArtGasch Win User

small red x by Administrator account, what does it mean & how to clear it?

Have a small red x by Administrator account, what does it mean & how to clear it?

:)

ArtGasch, Jul 7, 2021

2. Administrator has red circle with white X in permissions folder

Under security in several folders, I have added Administrator as a user and given full control. There is a red circle with a white x in it over the avatar to the left of the word administrator. Myself and Everyone are also listed as users and have full
    control. There are no red circles with white xs over these avatars. Any idea why the circle and x are there over administrator and how to fix it?

jawjahpeach, Jul 7, 2021
  3. Red x icon meaning

Hi,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 2-Year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

Red X usually means the device is disconnected. Do you see it on the internet icon?

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Jul 7, 2021
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jul 7, 2021
Thema:

1. small red x by Administrator account, what does it mean & how to clear it? - Similar Threads - small red Administrator

2. What does this red X mean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does this red X mean?: I'm getting message that Onedrive is 102% full. And then I went to desktop and there are red X's next to folders. What does the red X mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-this-red-x-mean/f7a2e311-38f9-4fde-adc9-9a0db4a46c2e
  3. What does this red X mean?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What does this red X mean?: I'm getting message that Onedrive is 102% full. And then I went to desktop and there are red X's next to folders. What does the red X mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-this-red-x-mean/f7a2e311-38f9-4fde-adc9-9a0db4a46c2e
  4. What does this red X mean?

in Windows 10 Support
    What does this red X mean?: I just did a Clean Install and restored some files and folders from my data drive. This is first time I've ever seen these red Xs and don't know what they indicate. I also see them in File Explorer. Thank you. 165396
  5. What does a red circle with an x mean

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What does a red circle with an x mean: I am showing a red circle with an x inside on some files and do not know what that means. I tried adding a screen shot but it could not be added to this post Herman...
  6. what does the red X on the outlook icon mean?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what does the red X on the outlook icon mean?: the Outlook icon on my taskbar has a red X on it. It didn't have it yesterday and the outlook app appears to be working ok. Can anyone explain what the red X means? TIA...
  7. What is the meaning of the red dot (X) on file folders ? How does one clear them? I see not...

What is the meaning of the red dot (X) on file folders ? How does one clear them? I see not...: Red dots with a x have appeared on my file folders after transferring pictures from a back up drive to a new dell system, What do they mean? How do I correct ? files look ok but some of the pictures are not opening on their own....
  8. Red x icon meaning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Red x icon meaning: Problem with start up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/red-x-icon-meaning/d2f89e2e-e284-4aaa-8edf-8c7add726f2b
  9. What does a red x mean by photos versus a green check mark? Hundreds of red x's have...

What does a red x mean by photos versus a green check mark? Hundreds of red x's have...: What does a red x mean by photos or photo files versus a green check mark? Hundreds of red x's have appeared by most of my photos. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-a-red-x-mean-by-photos-versus-a-green/0895c73c-a303-4c9d-84f0-63b2d3fbf55d"
  10. what does red x mean in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    what does red x mean in file explorer?: I just purchased a new laptop with presumably latest Windows 10. Working through some stuff I now see red circles with an "X" inserted by some File Explorer folders - some very important like "Documents". I tried restarting File Explorer and rebooting the computer but the...