Windows 10: Small scroll bars left on screen

Discus and support Small scroll bars left on screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good evening. I have multiple small scroll bars on my screen whenever I am done scrolling on a page. If I hover over the scroll bars with the mouse,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Vaporhead, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Vaporhead Win User

Small scroll bars left on screen

Good evening.

I have multiple small scroll bars on my screen whenever I am done scrolling on a page. If I hover over the scroll bars with the mouse, the 'busy' windows thingy spins around. All my drivers say they are up to date. Picture attached. Any help on how to get rid of these things.....

Dell L702X
    Intel 3000 graphics

:)

Vaporhead, Aug 13, 2015
  2. hadimassa Win User

confused ( made by nokia)

The red bar is to show the location of the page on the screen. You would need very, very small fingers to use the red bar, right? You can use the whole screen to scroll up, down, left, right. Don't worry so much, just play with it. :smileywink:

hadimassa, Aug 13, 2015
  3. Nokia 6300 Web browser not full screen

You have misunderstood this feature:

Screen size: Full

doesn't mean that the whole screen is used,

but that the screen is showing a little part of the webpage and you can move the screen over the webpage horizontal and vertical via scroll bars.

Screen size: Small

means that there will be no horizontal scroll bar and you can scroll vertically over the webpage.

Maybe this sounds confusing.

Try both Screen size: Full/Small with webpage
    www.hp.com
    and you will see the difference

embedded_system, Aug 13, 2015
  4. Small scroll bars left on screen

Looks like they're from a Synaptics touchpad? I'm thinking try double tapping the scroll area off the top of my head, but I'm drawing a blank if that is correct. They're definitely from your touchpad though.

Edit: I mean double tap the actual area on your touch pad, not the little bars you see on your screen.

Edit 2: If my suggestion didn't fix it, there's apparently a way you can disable the feature from your touchpad settings, look for "Virtual Scrolling" in there.

growapair30, Aug 13, 2015
  5. Disregard the above. Sorry for that, I was basing this off having used Windows XP/7 with a touchpad. In Windows 10, I presume you can go into Settings - > Devices - > Mouse and touchpad - > Double Tap and Drag (turn this off).

growapair30, Aug 13, 2015
  6. Vaporhead Win User
    I will try it out. Somehow, I reverted back to Windows 7. I thought I was reverting back to an earlier build of Windows 10, but it went back to 7. Ugh. I will let you know how it works out.

Vaporhead, Aug 13, 2015
  7. Vaporhead Win User
    Just an update: It seems I no longer have this problem after reinstalling Windows 10.

Vaporhead, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Small scroll bars left on screen

1. Small scroll bars left on screen - Similar Threads - Small scroll bars

2. A small bar appears at the upper left corner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A small bar appears at the upper left corner: I installed a new game on my laptop yesterday. Whenever I try to press a key when playing the game, I get this small bar that stops me from playing my game. There seems to be nothing attached to it and my taskbar doesn't show an app opening either. Any ideas?...
  3. A small bar appears at the upper left corner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A small bar appears at the upper left corner: I installed a new game on my laptop yesterday. Whenever I try to press a key when playing the game, I get this small bar that stops me from playing my game. There seems to be nothing attached to it and my taskbar doesn't show an app opening either. Any ideas?...
  4. when i scroll a small tint of green is left behind

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i scroll a small tint of green is left behind: i was fixing my webcam because it was to bright and now a small tint of green if left behind when i scroll in youtube or just the search bar...
  5. when i scroll a small tint of green is left behind

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when i scroll a small tint of green is left behind: i was fixing my webcam because it was to bright and now a small tint of green if left behind when i scroll in youtube or just the search bar...
  6. when i scroll a small tint of green is left behind

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Scroll Bar Not Scrolling

in Windows 10 Customization
    Scroll Bar Not Scrolling: On some websites, the scroll bar just doesn't scroll down. It's not like it's not there, it just doesn't move at all. Trying to drag it or press the buttons at the top or bottom doesn't work either. You can see the issuehere. Are any of you other guys having this problem?...
  8. Scroll bars are too small+fix?

Scroll bars are too small+fix?: Hello Everyone, I tried to enlarge the scroll bars but it did nothing and i was told windows 10 took away the option to make scroll bars bigger. Is there anyway to work around it an still make them bigger? Thanks...
  9. My screen does not scroll up and down. It scrolls left and right.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My screen does not scroll up and down. It scrolls left and right.: My screen does not scroll up and down. It scrolls left and right. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-does-not-scroll-up-and-down-it-scrolls/3ae3d530-bf61-4605-8a51-25cbf6be6a8e
  10. small duplicate screen at upper left of monitor

small duplicate screen at upper left of monitor: This happened arbitrarily a few moments ago. I have rebooted, no difference. The only thing that could have happened is my kitten could stepped on a key. Nothing else has changed. My HP laptop was purchased new a few months ago....