Windows 10: Small set of games causing a system lock up and crash.

Discus and support Small set of games causing a system lock up and crash. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have been talking with Sega support for about 3 weeks now about a problem I have been having with a few of my games causing my screen to flash a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Special1Guy, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Small set of games causing a system lock up and crash.

I have been talking with Sega support for about 3 weeks now about a problem I have been having with a few of my games causing my screen to flash a color and lock up my system forcing me to do a hard reset each time. I have tried reinstalling the Steam launcher and the games I've tried rolling back the video drivers and talked to NVIDA as well about the issue. I've sent each my ms32 files and dxdiag files, along with any error reports from Event Viewer. The most recent one I have found has been a dwm.exe crash, I am also missing the Microsoft Driver Framework and when I have downloaded the WUDFSVC.dll it does not remedy the issue either. Just trying to play Dawn of War 3 but it just constantly crashes my computer with no error message from the game or Steam and no clear answer in Event Viewer. I have also run system checks through tweakbit along with their repair service with no effect on the situation. All of my scans and checks have come back with nothing missing and nothing wrong. Have even done Command Prompt scans as well. List of the games I have tried with this issue are: Dawn of War 3, Dawn of War 2 retribution, Cuisine Royale, and Warface. I also regularly play: Call of Duty Black Ops II, Call of Duty Modern Warfare, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege, and Escape From Tarkov with no issues and no crashes to my whole system. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Special1Guy, Jan 4, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jan 4, 2020
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jan 4, 2020
  4. Morgan123 Win User

Small set of games causing a system lock up and crash.

New build all games crashing windows 10 pro 1903 18362.418

Hello,

Please, complete your System Specs so we may better help you. I didn't see a PSU listed there.

A software conflict is also a possible cause of the random crash you're experiencing when playing games. To determine if an installed program is causing the crashes, I suggest performing a clean boot.

Be sure to check you're running the newer GPU driver, and your Graphics card settings are correct.

Check Device Manager for driver conflicts.

Hope this helps.

Morgan123, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

Small set of games causing a system lock up and crash.

1. Small set of games causing a system lock up and crash. - Similar Threads - Small set games

2. System settings crashed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System settings crashed: SystemSettings.exe - Application errorThe instruction at 0x00007FFE0CBD0086 referenced memory at 0x000000000000000. The memory could not be read. Click on OK to terminate the program.Please resolve....
  3. System settings crashed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System settings crashed: SystemSettings.exe - Application errorThe instruction at 0x00007FFE0CBD0086 referenced memory at 0x000000000000000. The memory could not be read. Click on OK to terminate the program.Please resolve....
  4. File System Filter unloading EasyAntiCheat, causing game to crash.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File System Filter unloading EasyAntiCheat, causing game to crash.: File System Filter 'EasyAntiCheatSys' Version 6.1, ‎2020‎-‎11‎-‎30T14:09:20.000000000Z unloaded successfully. Event ID: 1 This is the error/information I get every time right before my game crashes. The game is Star Wars: Squadrons. The EAC loads when I start the game,...
  5. Asphalt 9 game causing crash of Windows 10 system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asphalt 9 game causing crash of Windows 10 system: Hi, We have been playing the Asphalt 9 Legends game for a while now. This night when we started a game and started a race, the screen got black, Windows didn't respond, monitor went to sleep since of 'no video input' andwe had to manually turn off the pc and then turn it...
  6. System Locks up before rebooting No BSOD, No crash dump

System Locks up before rebooting No BSOD, No crash dump: I am trying to diagnose this issue I've been having the past few weeks, it happens randomly. I've not had a crash in weeks yet today I had two. My PC will lock up before rebooting itself it does not BSOD nor does it create a crash dump. I made sure my computer was set to...
  7. System keeps locking up and crashing

System keeps locking up and crashing: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 (0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000001e00, 0xfffff802501e2380, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: ed9ad44e-bb46-46f0-89b6-d9cdb6748b2f. I have uploaded the mini...
  8. System Lock Ups

System Lock Ups: Been trying to troubleshoot this for a while now. Occasional system lock ups, happens mostly when gaming, but has also happened while web browsing. Complete freeze, have to hard reset (no alt-f4, no task manager,etc). Things I have tried: Have run multiple memtest86+...
  9. Can setting up a VM cause damage to main system

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Can setting up a VM cause damage to main system: Hi, It's many years since I looked at setting up a VM so memory is a bit hazy If you set one up wrongly can it mess anything up on your PC I am assuming the worst that can happen is if you allocate RAM wrongly you main machine will possibly crash but a reboot would...
  10. Video games crash or hard lock the system

in Windows 10 Support
    Video games crash or hard lock the system: New build as of January: case: Deepcool ROG Genome cpu: I7-8700K ram: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x16gb mb: Asus ROG Maximus X Hero main hhd: Samsung 960 PRO m.2 512gb game storage hdd: Mushkin Enhanced Triactor 3D 1tb psu: Seasonic Prime Ultra 1000W SSR_1000PD gpu: MSI...