Windows 10: Small size tiles in start menu are cropped..??

Discus and support Small size tiles in start menu are cropped..?? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Win 10 x64 Small size icons are getting cropped .. See the image.... Any ideas on how to fix...?? Edit: I'm on latest build 10240.. Funny...It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ketan1204, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Ketan1204 Win User

Small size tiles in start menu are cropped..??

Win 10 x64

Small size icons are getting cropped .. See the image....
    Any ideas on how to fix...??

Edit: I'm on latest build 10240.. Funny...It was back to normal on a reboot and now again cropped..*Tongue

:)

Ketan1204, Jul 25, 2015
  2. IcyIC Win User

pin start menu problem

I get this too. It's only with small tiles; all other sizes seem fine. Once a tile is made small, it's fine until the Start Menu is closed and re-opened, then it appears like the image in the original post.

Resolution for my laptop is 1980x1080 which is native, so that shouldn't be a cause for this problem (or if it is, it's a bug that needs to be fixed).

Thanks.

IcyIC, Jul 25, 2015
  3. Markd569 Win User
    Resizing tiles

I am trying to resize a tile in the start menu. If I right click the tile and select resize, it will only let me choose "medium", "wide" or "large". If I select "small" the tile will disappear and will only come back if I "unpin" from start and "pin to start"
    again (at medium size).

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks, Mark.

Markd569, Jul 25, 2015
  4. wzor Win User

You have to tell us the build. If youre running an older build, I would recommend you updating to the latest version. If the problem persists, i think the only way is a fresh reinstall. You could also contact Microsoft about this (if you're running the latest build) and mark it as a bug, using the Windows Insider app. Hope you solve it, and don't forget to report back if you solve anything so other users affected also can fix the problem. Cheers!

5. fracking4oil, Jul 25, 2015
  6. wzor Win User
    This has nothing to do with the dr!ivers. Drivers don't control the UI. The OS do. This is most likely a bug that should be fixed by a fresh OS reinstall. Or a software update.

7. WZOR is on to something - there was a release where this occurred.

It is resolved in the current release 10.0.240, at least it is not an issue on my machine with an AMD APU,

You're sort of stuck with what you have at the moment - the Win10 Insider Program (and associated Technical Preview releases) is essentially locked down until after the 29 July launch date.
    What ?!?! Drivers control the hardware that the UI uses, it could very well be driver related, but as I mentioned above the issue has been resolved. We won't know if it has been revolved for Ketan until we know what release that member is running as you already asked.

Slartybart, Jul 25, 2015
  8. wzor Win User

I know the GPU is controlling everything displayed on the screen but there could be graphical glitches, like wrong color or something like elements not displaying, but the positioning is not calculated by the GPU but the CPU, if its a correctly coded UI. 2D games and alike are usually coded for GPU rendering, while UI is usually rendered by the GPU and calculated and positioned by the CPU. I may be wrong doe. I just have a feeling that it can't be a driver issue. *Smile

9. Ketan1204 Win User
    I had done a fresh driver install only...reinstalled and same thing

Ketan1204, Jul 25, 2015
  10. wzor Win User
    As you've been told, this isn't a driver issue. Only a clean install could potentially fix the problem. Read my signature, especially the first line. Cheers! *Smile

11. I've had a lot of strange things happen that were fixed by completely uninstalling the Nvidia drivers and reinstalling. For example, icons turning to blank icons, deleting and replacing the icons didn't help, but reinstalling the graphics drivers did. In the past having FXAA enabled caused the start screen in Win 8 to display tiles as blank black boxes & the store to go completely black, disabling FXAA resolved it.

fracking4oil, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Small size tiles in start menu are cropped..?? - Similar Threads - Small size tiles

2. Start Menu App Size Too Small

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu App Size Too Small: I cannot find a way to make certain app icons to appear full The steam is what I dont want my apps to look like, But the pink game with the face is what I want my apps to look like, I dont want to change any text along with this....
  3. Start Menu Tiles...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu Tiles...: [ATTACH] Is there any way to change Windows 10 UWP app tiles to an unsupported color or at least, change it without changing the accent color? https://preview.redd.it/mbqdxtnjwlx51.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=4cb2a93bc3c80ee24150a8458dd752ab330f4e94 submitted...
  4. Editing Start menu tile sizes

in Windows 10 Support
    Editing Start menu tile sizes: Is there a way to change the two square tile sizes offered? Currently, they are 150px and 50px. I would like to reduce the larger to 75px, which would would be a legible solution for laptop displays. 159617
  5. START MENUE TILES

START MENUE TILES: USING THE SAME MICROSOFT ACCOUNT WHY THE START TILES ARE NOT THE SAME ON EACH COMPUTER USING THE SAME MICROSOFT ACCOUNT. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menue-tiles/22d9f2c5-64c5-4b9a-9549-f88a285c37f7
  6. Default start menu tile size. Bulk resize.

Default start menu tile size. Bulk resize.: I've googled and binged, I've Duck souped and magellaned.... Surely Microsoft isn't so dimwitted so as to not provide the opportunity to set a default tile size (I prefer small) for start menu tiles. Or the ability to mass-resize (shift-click - something) so that the start...
  7. Icon/tile size on start menu in Win 10

Icon/tile size on start menu in Win 10: Win 10 gives two 'Resize' options for icons/tiles on the start menu when you add something via 'Pin to Start'. These sizes are 'Small' and 'Medium'. Does anyone know if there is a very small option at all? 62749
  8. Start menu tiles

Start menu tiles: Hi Im trying to sort out a problem, recently I noticed that I cant add tiles to the start menu, I cant delete ones already there, I cant move them where I want them to be and that the *context* menu that appears when I right click on the tiles already pinned to the start...
  9. no tiles in the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    no tiles in the start menu: [img] I've had this problem for a while and with every build it doesn't get fixed. When I open the start menu the tiles don't appear. Screenshot should say it all. If anyone can tell me what to do to get this problem solved I would appreciate it 8379
  10. Start Menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu tiles: I have mistakenly dragged my mail tile/ icon from the Start Menu in W.10 to the desktop. How can I return it to the start menu ? ( drag and drop does not work ) 69326