Windows 10: Small System Reserved drive - can I get rid of it?

Discus and support Small System Reserved drive - can I get rid of it? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It may be an easy one. I realized that Windows Explorer is showing up a 100MB 'System Reserved' drive. There is a way of hiding it? Thanks! 168995 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by YanKleber, Nov 23, 2020.

1. YanKleber Win User

Small System Reserved drive - can I get rid of it?

It may be an easy one.

I realized that Windows Explorer is showing up a 100MB 'System Reserved' drive. There is a way of hiding it?

Thanks!

:)

YanKleber, Nov 23, 2020
  2. Alan B Win User

"Windows 10 couldn't be installed - we could update the system reserved partition"

I think you mean "could not update", not "could".

Suggestions:

• Disconnect any other hard drives.
    • Run chkdsk /f on the System Reserved partition. You'll have to do this from the CMD prompt in Repair Mode.
    • Initially there were reports of some System Reserved partitions being too small for the upgrade. Search for details if the first two suggestions fail.

Alan B, Nov 23, 2020
  3. poolmon Win User
    Recovery Partition vs System Reserved Partition

Thanks for all the info guys.

Both original & target SSD's are listed as MBR as opposed to UEFI. I may have created a partition unknowingly in getting the original/new unformatted drive recognized, but I don't recall taking any steps that Windows did not step me through.

Not that an upgrade to WIN 10 Pro is contemplated, but I suspect that having no System Reserved partition will not allow that to happen, after seeing how the original WIN 10 upgrade created a problem for some WIN 7 users that had a smaller 100mb vs 500mb System Reserved partition.

poolmon, Nov 23, 2020
  4. Small System Reserved drive - can I get rid of it?

System Reserved Memory issue

Hi Rowan,

The reduction in available system memory depends on the configuration of the following:

• The devices that are installed in the computer and the memory that is reserved by those devices
    • The ability of the motherboard to handle memory
    • The system BIOS version and settings
    • The version of Windows 10 that is installed
    • Other system settings

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest that you check your system for memory problems.

Here's how:

• Type mdsched.exe in the search bar and select the best match.
    • When prompted by the User Account Control, enter an admin user name and password, and click
      Yes.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run it.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

Small System Reserved drive - can I get rid of it?

1. Small System Reserved drive - can I get rid of it? - Similar Threads - Small System Reserved

2. How can I get rid of this small white band?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get rid of this small white band?: The band seem's to appear when I go into fullscreen mode or when I'm on my desktop. When I click on it there is only a small sound and nothing else.Thank you!!...
  3. How can i get rid of this small white band?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i get rid of this small white band?: The band seem's to appear when I go into fullscreen mode or when I'm on my desktop. Thank you!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-rid-of-this-small-white-band/98091f09-0186-46a6-ad83-5ba0d15a5afc
  4. System Reserved Partition too small

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Reserved Partition too small: I have a windows 10 build 1909 ... two years ago I had trouble updating to 1909 due to System Reserve Partition too small. At the time I worked with a program and probably have made a mess. 1909 has reached end of support and once again I have the same issue ... I want to...
  5. System Reserved Partition too small

System Reserved Partition too small: I have a windows 10 build 1909 ... two years ago I had trouble updating to 1909 due to System Reserve Partition too small. At the time I worked with a program and probably have made a mess. 1909 has reached end of support and once again I have the same issue ... I want to...
  6. System Reserved Partition too small

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. System Reserved Drive D

System Reserved Drive D: I am just wondering what the system reserved drive is. I googled it, and it shouldn't be showing up, let alone have a letter assigned to it. When I open it, its completely empty and it says it is System Reserved D: Will this drive cause any problems and why is it even showing...
  8. System Reserved Drive D

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Reserved Drive D: I am just wondering what the system reserved drive is. I googled it, and it shouldn't be showing up, let alone have a letter assigned to it. When I open it, its completely empty and it says it is System Reserved D: Will this drive cause any problems and why is it even showing...
  9. Can I get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I get rid of this?: When an image or video is selected in File Explorer, this unwanted 'Play' in a pink rectangle or 'Manage' in a yellow one appears. Can it be removed? Not only serves no obvious purpose but prevents seeing the entire text when the option to show the full filename and path is...
  10. Is it safe to get rid of System reserved disk from old HDD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it safe to get rid of System reserved disk from old HDD?: A while ago, my old PC died. I got its HDD with windows and put it in a new PC with windows preinstalled I got later, figured out how to access the old HDDs files and everything works fine, just that there are two disks showing up in the This PC window. It doesn't cause any...