Windows 10: Small then blurry resolution with 4K screen

Discus and support Small then blurry resolution with 4K screen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a 4K screen operating on Windows 10. On some applications, the windows and text appear extremely small. Looking online, the solution was to turn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/darealgeezer, May 26, 2020.

1. Small then blurry resolution with 4K screen

I have a 4K screen operating on Windows 10. On some applications, the windows and text appear extremely small. Looking online, the solution was to turn on comparability mode for Windows 8 and override DPI scaling.

Although this fixes the issue of extremely small windows and text, the text is now blurry. Is there any way to fix this? The online solutions only suggest what I tried above.

submitted by /u/darealgeezer
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/darealgeezer, May 26, 2020

2. Software too small on 4K resolution screen

So, I've had this laptop for some time, and am trying to use the software "ChessBase 12". However, everything is way too small. I know that this is a conflict with the 4K resolution of the monitor.

My Question:

How can I force an application that wasn't built for 4K resolution (like CB12) to display correctly? Everything is pretty much 1/4 the size it should be.

The Catch:

Messing with the resolution/display settings on my laptop is not an option, as I want the 4K resolution everywhere else. Plus, the last time I tried messing with those settings, it triggered some major OS conflict and slowed my system to a crawl. System Restore, PC Reset/Refresh, and Factory Settings didn't fix the issue. I had to boot into recovery mode and reset from there and it finally fixed it.

What I've Tried:

I have tried troubleshooting, and doing that DPI Scaling thing, but it doesn't work. Also, the option to set the resolution in properties is grayed out.

My Specs:

• Lenovo Y50-70 Gaming Laptop (64-Bit)
    • Windows 10 (Pre-Installed)
    • 16GB RAM
    • Intel Quad-Core i7 Processor
    • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M GPU
    • Over 700GB Free Space
    • 4K UHD Screen (3840 x 2160)

Spencer4134, May 26, 2020
  3. RoyBjj Win User
    Windows 10 - Multiple screens of different dpi shows blurry text

my setup:

win10 with a 4k 27" monitor and two 24" 1920x1080 monitors.

windows suggested 150% dpi for the 4k and 100% for the others.

4k looks great but the 24" (with 100% dpi!) looks terrible. The text is all blurry.

i saw many similar issues but all let go of something. I can't do 100% in the 4k, it's too small, and I must do 100% in the small screens, otherwise it's too big.

got latest drivers for my GeForce GTX 970 and monitors.

what is happening. Is this a bug. If anything I would expect the big screen to be blurry but the smaller ones are.

any suggestions for a solution?

Thanks!

Roy.

RoyBjj, May 26, 2020
  4. TH90 Win User

Small then blurry resolution with 4K screen

4k Resolution scaling but then watching a 4k video

Hi Anup,

Thank you for your response.

So therefore is my previous point on certain program's displaying as blurry when scaling is used wrong? I.e. as they'll be effectively displayed similarly to full HD resolution?

Also, if I used scaling at 200% and I wanted to watch a 4K video would it be displayed at full HD (due to the scaling) or 4K resolution.

Thanks again.

Thema:

Small then blurry resolution with 4K screen

1. Small then blurry resolution with 4K screen - Similar Threads - Small blurry resolution

2. 4k resolution on 1080 display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4k resolution on 1080 display: I have a 1080p display but when i tried to change it to see what resolutions i have it showed i have 4k but when i put it its blurry but i don`t know why it showing 4k cause my display doesn`t support 4k i tried searching it online but nothing its not a problem that i should...
  3. blurry text with screen resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    blurry text with screen resolution: I have purchased an LENOVO ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 5.Something is weird with the screen resolution. The default configuration is 1920x1080 and a 150% zoom on screen.Seems to be fine, but some text or icons on some apps are blurry or very small. For instance interface on...
  4. Running 4k video on a 4k screen with Windows resolution set at 1920x1080

in Windows 10 Customization
    Running 4k video on a 4k screen with Windows resolution set at 1920x1080: Okay so my monitor is a 3840x2160 TV, and my video card can handle 3840x2160 video streaming. I avoid at all costs running windows 10 in 3840x2160 resolution. Even with desktop scaling, some apps run terribly. If I open a 4k video in VLC or any video player will it play...
  5. 1920x1080 is blurry on a 4K monitor

1920x1080 is blurry on a 4K monitor: I recently bought a new laptop with a 4K display, which runs Windows 10. I had assumed the display wouldn't be an issue, but it has been in regards to how images show up with 200% zoom on so I can actually read things, so I thought I'd try to change my display resolution to...
  6. Screen Resolution Too Small

Screen Resolution Too Small: Hello, recently my computer started up and the resolution was too small. I have gone into the display settings and there is no option for what it normally should be. I have also made sure that all of my drivers are up to date. Any idea what to do?...
  7. 4k resolution

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    4k resolution: Hi there, I'm upgrading my computer with a new graphics card and monitor to accommodate 4k images and want to know if the daily colourful images that appear on Microsoft Edge and my lock screen that Microsoft put there are going to appear as 4k images? Thank you, Robert....
  8. Blurry 4k screen and can't change active signal resolution from 1920x1080 to 3840x2160

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blurry 4k screen and can't change active signal resolution from 1920x1080 to 3840x2160: Hello, please help me, I am so desperate right now. Can't change active signal resolution, it says 1920x1080 and my desktop resolution is 3840x2160. It causes that my whole screen is blurry, text, icons everything. Nvidia 730 is updated. Nothing seems to work. Help me please...
  9. 4K Monitor Blurry Text

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    4K Monitor Blurry Text: Sorry Mods this is a dup post that I have in graphics cards. This is where I meant it to be. Hello all and thank you in advance. Really need some help here. I have a Dell 2 in one laptop running windows 10 with graphics card below. I have two 4k monitors hooked up but the...
  10. Mouse cursor with 4K-resolution?

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse cursor with 4K-resolution?: I am running 3840x2160 on my computer with 250% scaling. This generally looks ok, but the mouse cursor looks really bad. Are there some way to make it look better in very high resolution and scaling? 44673

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 laptop 4k display a little blurry