Windows 10: Small usb fingerprint readers for Win Hello

Discus and support Small usb fingerprint readers for Win Hello in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I was wondering if there are any small USB fingerprint readers for windows hello. I've looked at the list on amazon, I still feel they are too... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/That_One_Guy_0000, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Small usb fingerprint readers for Win Hello

Hi, I was wondering if there are any small USB fingerprint readers for windows hello. I've looked at the list on amazon, I still feel they are too bulky, like too outward sticking as I would like to carry the reader with my laptop since my laptop doesn't have either Win hello or fingerprint reader. I know this is probably a shot in the dark but are there any the size of like one of those mouse receivers? Like those are so much smaller. Thank you all so much!

submitted by /u/That_One_Guy_0000
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/That_One_Guy_0000, Jan 8, 2021

2. Synaptics Launches Super Small Fingerprint Reader for Windows Hello

Synaptics’ Turnkey USB Fingerprint Solution Adds Simple and Secure Authentication to Notebook PCs

Small usb fingerprint readers for Win Hello [​IMG]

Small usb fingerprint readers for Win Hello [​IMG]

Read more: http://www.synaptics.com/company/new...ic-fingerprint

Cluster Head, Jan 8, 2021
  3. On USB Fingerprint readers - a few questions

Hello.

I've just ordered a USB fingerprint reader that is compatible with Windows 10. I am planning to set up Windows Hello with it on my laptop.

I have 2 questions however:

1) If I set up the fingerprints, they are stored inside the fingerprint reader,according to the description.

So, if i reinstall Windows in the future and want to set up Windows Hello again, do I just plug in the USB fingerprint reader

and all the original settings will be imported? Or will i need to set it up from scratch again?

2) If I try the usb fingerprint reader on another laptop (let's say it also has windows 10 on it), will Windows load my fingerprint(s) from the reader or will it not see any of them?

Basically, how secure are (generally) my fingerprints stored (more like a general overview, I am aware that it depends on the product and model, but I am trying to make an idea if they have similar work principles).

Product page:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DW62XS7/ref=pe_3187911_185740111_TE_item

Thank you

LaurFlorin, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Small usb fingerprint readers for Win Hello

Windows Hello not available with Digital Persona Fingerprint Reader

I think writing in community comes to an end. Long time written that Digital Persona UrU 4500 fingerprint reader supported by Windows Hello or not. Got lot of suggestions and followed. Recently Microsoft has changed the compatibility portal with it's own
    products. There is no place for other brands. Previously this fingerprint reader showed in the same portal as a windows 10 compatible device. Recently I am on Insider Preview Build 10565 from stable Build 10240. But this major issue not fixed after following
    all necessary steps.
    I think Lock Screen is related with Hello. Defaults pictures & Windows Spotlight Pictures showing & changing fine. But no lock screen with pictures coming after hitting lock button or win+L. Only as usual password or PIN lock screen coming. I don't know
    these two problem will fix or not.
    1. DISM.exe result fine.
    2. sfc/scannow is OK. etc.

SantanuSarkarbrp, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

Small usb fingerprint readers for Win Hello

1. Small usb fingerprint readers for Win Hello - Similar Threads - Small usb fingerprint

2. Fingerprint reader works well for Win 11 hello & Chrome, but not edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint reader works well for Win 11 hello & Chrome, but not edge: I’m using a fingerprint reader to access Windows 11. The reader works in Windows Hello and in Chrome, but it’s not working in Edge. Any idea what I can do to get it working?...
  3. Fingerprint reader works well for Win 11 hello & Chrome, but not edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint reader works well for Win 11 hello & Chrome, but not edge: I’m using a fingerprint reader to access Windows 11. The reader works in Windows Hello and in Chrome, but it’s not working in Edge. Any idea what I can do to get it working?...
  4. Issues with Windows hello fingerprint reader

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Issues with Windows hello fingerprint reader: I just got this computer and the fingerprint reader is giving me problems. The reader itself is working fine and letting me use it, the issue lies with windows hello. I want to add another fingerprint to the prints that would work, but when I go into the settings to do that...
  5. Windows Hello & fingerprint reader not working

Windows Hello & fingerprint reader not working: I have an HP Spectre 360 and have always used Windows Hello or the fingerprint reader to sign in since I got it. But for the last few days it keeps telling me that a compatible webcam and fingerprint reader could not be found and I can only sign in with a pin. Any...
  6. Windows Hello not recognizing Authentec Eikon USB fingerprint reader- not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Hello not recognizing Authentec Eikon USB fingerprint reader- not working: I have two HP laptops. I just did a clean complete install of Windows 20H2 on one. The Eikon fingerprint reader I have no longer shows up in Device Manager as a Biometric Input device- instead it shows up under Other Devices, with a yellow warning triangle that the driver is...
  7. Fingerprint reader/Windows Hello unavailable

Fingerprint reader/Windows Hello unavailable: I am using Windows 10 on a Dell laptop. Yesterday, the fingerprint reader on my laptop stopped working, forcing me to sign in with my password. I tried disabling and re-enabling the fingerprint option, but it didn't help. I went online and found something that said I need to...
  8. Windows Hello Fingerprint Reader Not Working

Windows Hello Fingerprint Reader Not Working: Dell Inspiron 7577 Built-in Goodix Fingerprint scanner Was working fine for 2 years. I removed my fingerprint then tried to re-add it and it is now grayed out. The scanner shows in the device manager. [ATTACH] Tried: Updating driver in device manager....
  9. Windows Hello with 2 Fingerprint readers

Windows Hello with 2 Fingerprint readers: I want to use Windows 10 Hello with my laptop's FP reader, which works well, but also would like to use an external FP reader when my laptop is docked and the internal FP reader on the laptop's keyboard deck is hidden (lid is closed) Can this be done? or will Windows Hello...
  10. Synaptics Launches Super Small Fingerprint Reader for Windows Hello

in Windows 10 News
    Synaptics Launches Super Small Fingerprint Reader for Windows Hello: Synaptics’ Turnkey USB Fingerprint Solution Adds Simple and Secure Authentication to Notebook PCs [img] [img] SAN JOSE, Calif. – June 1, 2016 – Synaptics Incorporated (NASDAQ: SYNA), the leading developer of human interface solutions, today announced a new...