Windows 10: small white bar at bottom of second monitor when using chrome and firefox

Discus and support small white bar at bottom of second monitor when using chrome and firefox in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I use dual monitors and, as the picture shows, there is a small white bar at the bottom of my top monitor. It shows up even with only one browser... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sooofreshnsoclean, Oct 9, 2020.

1. small white bar at bottom of second monitor when using chrome and firefox

I use dual monitors and, as the picture shows, there is a small white bar at the bottom of my top monitor.

• It shows up even with only one browser window open but my background is white so it's easier to see this way.

• The problem just started today after an update last night.

• I initially thought it was a browser specific problem because I refreshed firefox and the problem was gone before my old data loaded but then came back when my old firefox data reloaded. However, it happens in chrome as well so it appears to be a windows problem.

• It disappears when I have 2 windows open on each monitor and I click on the white bar, but reappears when I click on the browser window on the bottom monitor.

• Pressing f11 also turns it into a thinner black line but comes back after opening a new window. I searched all over reddit and google and none of the answers I found have worked so far. (changing resolution, changing scaling, refreshing firefox, etc)

• I just started using rainmeter also but I don't think this is it since it started today and I had no issues yesterday when I had rainmeter all set up

• I also tried restarting my pc and updating the optional cumulative update to no avail

• I use an NVIDIA 1070

Hopefully you all can help me out as this is pretty annoying since I usually use the top monitor for youtube/netflix etc and browse reddit or play video games on the bottom, and it's pretty off putting to have that white bar there.

submitted by /u/Sooofreshnsoclean
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sooofreshnsoclean, Oct 9, 2020
  2. Roan T Win User

Small white bar on right side of screen

Hi Bardan,

We'd be glad to provide assistance. To better narrow this down and deliver you accurate solutions, please answer
    the following questions:

• Is the white bar present regardless of what program you are using on your computer?

• Can you send us a screenshot of the
      white bar?
      Please edit the image if any personal information may be exposed.

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

This issue could also be related to
    damaged screen. We suggest that you contact your manufacturer to have your computer checked for hardware issues.

Regards.

Roan T, Oct 9, 2020
  3. Issues while installing a second monitor in Windows 10

Really? I get a canned answer and nothing else? I posted that I had tried everything that I could find posted online. I did read the post that Andre suggested multiple times prior to posting this request for help. None of it helped.

My computer does not recognize that there is a second monitor is plugged in. The small step of changing the settings so I can put stuff on the second monitor ISN'T the issue. I am not that dumb. in the device manager there is only the single monitor listed
    at one point there was a unknown device listed but my computer did not know if it was a monitor or a printer.

There has to be someone out there that knows how to fix this

Please Help

squareknees, Oct 9, 2020
  4. TheHunter Win User

small white bar at bottom of second monitor when using chrome and firefox

Explorer, Chrome or Firefox ?

IE11 has adblock easy list too.

ie http://www.iegallery.com/en-us/trackingprotectionlists

Altohugh my no1 is still FF, the only thing that kinda sucks is it doesnt have full 1080p 60fps support @html5 (max 720p), IE11 plays that fine np.

TheHunter, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

small white bar at bottom of second monitor when using chrome and firefox

1. small white bar at bottom of second monitor when using chrome and firefox - Similar Threads - small white bar

2. White Bar Covering Bottom of Folder Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White Bar Covering Bottom of Folder Icons: Hi,My computer just rebooted from a bugcheck today and when I logged back in, I noticed some white bars covering the bottom of some of my folder icons. I tired restarting my computer, restarting the Desktop Window Manager, changing my resolution settings, and changing...
  3. White Bar Covering Bottom of Folder Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White Bar Covering Bottom of Folder Icons: Hi,My computer just rebooted from a bugcheck today and when I logged back in, I noticed some white bars covering the bottom of some of my folder icons. I tired restarting my computer, restarting the Desktop Window Manager, changing my resolution settings, and changing...
  4. White Bar Covering Bottom of Folder Icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    White Bar Covering Bottom of Folder Icons: My computer just rebooted from a bugcheck today and when I logged back in, I noticed some white bars covering the bottom of some of my folder icons. I tired restarting my computer, restarting the Desktop Window Manager, changing my resolution settings, and changing Dark/Light...
  5. White bar at the bottom of my screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    White bar at the bottom of my screen: there is an annoying white line at the bottom of my screen when I hide my taskbar. the bar disappears when I enter an application, but reapers after exiting[ATTACH]...
  6. Since update to Windows 2004 seeing white bars on maximized Chrome and Firefox windows...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Since update to Windows 2004 seeing white bars on maximized Chrome and Firefox windows...: I have 6 displays setup with 2 of them being on top of another 2 below. Since update to Windows 2004 seeing white bars on maximized Chrome and Firefox windows peeking into display on top. Here screenshots could upload for some reason here Chrome -...
  7. Gray/white bar on bottom ofscreen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Gray/white bar on bottom ofscreen: A few of our clients have been calling us saying that on Windows Explorer, Edge, and Outlook, there's sometimes a gray/white bar cutting off the bottom of the page. It doesn't extend into the task bar, and only shows up in full screen. The only fix I've found is by pressing...
  8. Issues with using fullscreen on second monitor. This black & white bar always pops over any...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with using fullscreen on second monitor. This black & white bar always pops over any...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Gelby4 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gvw0jw/issues_with_using_fullscreen_on_second_monitor/
  9. Using small TV as Second monitor on laptop.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using small TV as Second monitor on laptop.: Hello, I am attempting to use a Tv (SAMSUNG T24B350ND) as a second monitor on my Lenova Legion (Model 81q6) The second screen is croped or not scaled correctly and is cutting of the task bar. More concerning it is displaying a very low grainy resolution. Tinkering in...
  10. Second monitor showing white

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second monitor showing white: Hi, new user here. I have a double monitor setup as an extended desktop. It's worked great for several years, no issues. As of yesterday, the 2nd monitor only shows solid white. The monitor shows it's receiving a signal by the colour on the power switch LED. If I switch...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. forefox full screen white bar second display