Windows 10: Small white boxed under desktop icons, can you get rid of this?

Discus and support Small white boxed under desktop icons, can you get rid of this? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I did my research and found that it's probably an issue with the icon being scaled incorrectly, but I'm not exactly sure what to do about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Flinsanity, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Small white boxed under desktop icons, can you get rid of this?

/u/Flinsanity, Nov 15, 2020

2. white box on desktop

When i click on a icon, a small rectangular white box appears in the top left corner on desktop, please help

HectorBorrero1, Nov 15, 2020
  3. White box around desktop icons?

Hi,

From time to time, white annoying boxes appear around my desktop icons that I can't get rid of once and for all. F5 works as a temporary solution, but once I select another icon, the boxes will come back. They appear in the first place by selecting an icon,
    going on a current task such as let's say chrome, and going back to the desktop by the bottom right button. Is there a solution to get rid of these boxes in the long run? They are useless and annoy me.

Small white boxed under desktop icons, can you get rid of this? 4a37d7ca-8782-420b-b584-aecca1b03f61?upload=true.png

Kevin Brakhage, Nov 15, 2020
  4. Small white boxed under desktop icons, can you get rid of this?

Small white box on desktop (Windows 10)

Hi,

Let's try to isolate the issue. We need the following information:

• Is this happening only on the desktop?
    • If you open an application/program does it have the same white box on the same spot?
    • Regarding your scan, what do you mean everything comes back okay, does the report show no particular malware/virus or after the scan, the white box disappeared?
    Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

Small white boxed under desktop icons, can you get rid of this?

1. Small white boxed under desktop icons, can you get rid of this? - Similar Threads - Small white boxed

2. How can I get rid of this small white band?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get rid of this small white band?: The band seem's to appear when I go into fullscreen mode or when I'm on my desktop. When I click on it there is only a small sound and nothing else.Thank you!!...
  3. How can i get rid of this small white band?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i get rid of this small white band?: The band seem's to appear when I go into fullscreen mode or when I'm on my desktop. Thank you!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-rid-of-this-small-white-band/98091f09-0186-46a6-ad83-5ba0d15a5afc
  4. How can I get rid of this white box with blurred background?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get rid of this white box with blurred background?: After logging in I am met with this screen. All other monitors are black and I am unable to open anything above this screen. I have already attempted to end the task with task manager but I am unable to access task manager due to it being under this overlay.Please ignore the...
  5. How can I get rid of this white box with blurred background?

How can I get rid of this white box with blurred background?: After logging in I am met with this screen. All other monitors are black and I am unable to open anything above this screen. I have already attempted to end the task with task manager but I am unable to access task manager due to it being under this overlay.Please ignore the...
  6. How do I get rid of the white box on my desktop?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I get rid of the white box on my desktop?: Please don't answer with something like: open the redirect app in the autorun file and bootstrap the digibundle, reboot in Safe mode and reinstall win 10I have know idea what any of that computer mumbo jumbo means, I just want the white box gone.Thanks for your help...
  7. How do I get rid of the white box on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of the white box on my desktop?: Please don't answer with something like: open the redirect app in the autorun file and bootstrap the digibundle, reboot in Safe mode and reinstall win 10I have know idea what any of that computer mumbo jumbo means, I just want the white box gone.Thanks for your help...
  8. How do I get rid of the white box on my desktop?

9. Desktop Icons - White Box

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons - White Box: a little white box has appeared on my desktop in my icons. When I click on an icon the box ticks but I have to tick again to open the link. Its a minor annoyance, but how do I get rid? I think it might have been something to do with winaerotweak but unsure. [img] 173497
  10. White box around desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    White box around desktop icons?: Hi, From time to time, white annoying boxes appear around my desktop icons that I can't get rid of once and for all. F5 works as a temporary solution, but once I select another icon, the boxes will come back. They appear in the first place by selecting an icon, going on a...