Windows 10: Small White Pages and Size Distortion Issues with my Windows 10 Desktop Icons

Discus and support Small White Pages and Size Distortion Issues with my Windows 10 Desktop Icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Fig. 1 What you see here are my desktop shortcut custom icons. Onthe right you can see size distortion issues with the custom icon that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Daniel_MelloMetro, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Small White Pages and Size Distortion Issues with my Windows 10 Desktop Icons

Small White Pages and Size Distortion Issues with my Windows 10 Desktop Icons 56039de7-f60d-4907-b961-047909dbc7e6?upload=true.png Fig. 1

What you see here are my desktop shortcut custom icons. Onthe right you can see size distortion issues with the custom icon that havepersisted throughout all my attempted solutions and on both icons you can seethe default white pages on the bottom left.

How it happened

When I noticed my icons were smaller than usual andcompressed Fallout New Vegas shortcut I decided to try the “iconCache/Windows Explorer Removal method” I saw on YouTube. This, after a PCRestart, left my icons completely gone with only the shortcut text.

After watching another short YouTube video icons are not visible onlyNames are visible - YouTube my icons reappeared but were instead coveredby little white pages and still distorted just not completely gone. I’m well aware making smaller custom iconscan help the distortion issue, but I'm too satisfied with these icons to change them.

The solution to the disappearance did include some Registry Editor tom-foolery so the white pages could be linked to that specifically.

Attempted Solutions

I have already attempted to remove the 'Icon Cache' file then remove the 'Windows Explorer' several times but it does nothing

Changing the size of the shortcuts through the 'View' option also does nothing.

Side Note

I have 2 monitors and another unrecognized hard drive plugged in In case it matters

:)

Daniel_MelloMetro, Mar 22, 2021

2. How to change the size of desktop icons on Windows 10

Hi Dave,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about size of desktop icons.

Try the below steps to change of the desktop icons and check if it helps.

• Right click on the desktop, over the mouse on View option.
    • You will find Large icons, Medium icons,
      Small icons
    • Choose the option you wish to.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 22, 2021
  3. Icons and things on desktop went small after restarting the computer in Windows 10

Hi,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the description I understand that you are facing issues with size of the icons on your device. Confirm to me if so.

Do let us know the make and model of your device?

Try the below troubleshooting steps to increase the size of icons in Task bar and check if it helps.

• Right click on Taskbar in the bottom of the Desktop
      window.
    • Click on Properties, uncheck the option Use small taskbar buttons.

If the desktop icons are small you can press and hold Ctrl key from the keyboard and press "+" key and "-" to increase and decrease the size of desktop icons respectively.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post for further assistance on accessing the icons, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 22, 2021
  4. Ma. Lau Win User

Small White Pages and Size Distortion Issues with my Windows 10 Desktop Icons

Small icons setting won't change

I suggest that you change or uncheck Use small taskbar buttons by following the steps below:

• Right-click the Taskbar.
    • Select Properties.
    • In the Taskbar tab make sure that Use small taskbar is
      uncheck

Small White Pages and Size Distortion Issues with my Windows 10 Desktop Icons e377d97f-489c-45cb-8856-ca9160202472.jpg
    • Click Apply and OK.
    If the issue still persists, you can change the size of desktop icons.

• Right-click an empty space on the desktop.
    • Select View and choose either Large, Medium or Small icons.
    • Check if you can change the size of the taskbar button.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

Small White Pages and Size Distortion Issues with my Windows 10 Desktop Icons

1. Small White Pages and Size Distortion Issues with my Windows 10 Desktop Icons - Similar Threads - Small White Pages

2. Windows 11 - Random desktop icons turn white, blank page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Random desktop icons turn white, blank page: Dear Windows I was a Windows 11 insider, but all of a sudden all my desktop icons began to blank or turn white Then I removed myself from the insider program and the problem continues I can use the various short-term fixes but it keeps occurring Then tried this one, but it...
  3. Windows 11 - Random desktop icons turn white, blank page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Random desktop icons turn white, blank page: Dear Windows I was a Windows 11 insider, but all of a sudden all my desktop icons began to blank or turn white Then I removed myself from the insider program and the problem continues I can use the various short-term fixes but it keeps occurring Then tried this one, but it...
  4. Windows 11 - Random desktop icons turn white, blank page.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Random desktop icons turn white, blank page.: Since updating to Windows 11 random desktop icons turn white or a blank page., however the application / program works. Randomly the icons turn white with no rhyme or reason. Any fixes ?...
  5. White desktop icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    White desktop icons: Sometimes, this desktop icon you can see it in the screenshot would just turn white, but it happens only after certain system reboots etc. I had the same issue with other shortcuts before and I had to go to the original path of certain programs and create a new one from there...
  6. Some icons on my desktop are white

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some icons on my desktop are white: i reset my PC and some of my icons on my desktop are white how do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-icons-on-my-desktop-are-white/fc57554f-2253-4123-bc77-1789f481f65c
  7. Small magnifier icon on my desktop tray in Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Small magnifier icon on my desktop tray in Windows 10: I found small magnifier icon sometimes it appears more than 1 on my desktop tray and it disappeared when I hover it see image below. Can someone tell me what is it and what should I do? Thank you. [ATTACH]...
  8. white icons on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    white icons on desktop: OK, I just redid windows 10, installed most of my programs, why are there white icons on the desktop? I have 13 icons, 10 are white, is it a corrupt file somewhere? I thought I would have a like new laptop when I did this but far from it, nothing but more problems. 147973
  9. Small arrows my desktop icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Small arrows my desktop icons: I recently noticed small arrows on many of the icons on my desktop. Why were they put there and are they a backdoor into my system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/small-arrows-my-desktop-icons/162c88a7-afd4-4f33-ae9d-8f871270d73b
  10. Windows Icons Covered with a White Page

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Icons Covered with a White Page: [ATTACH] Some of the icons in my file explorer are covered by a blank white page and I can't figure out why. I have all of the latest updates as of 12-16-18. I have ran troubleshooter and it couldn't identify any problems with my machine. Does anyone have a suggestion on...