Windows 10: Small window quickly opens and closes regularly

Discus and support Small window quickly opens and closes regularly in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I've had a persisting issue of some small window roughly 500px by 500px that opens and closes so quickly I can't figure out what it is and what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ColeStansbury2, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Small window quickly opens and closes regularly

Hi,

I've had a persisting issue of some small window roughly 500px by 500px that opens and closes so quickly I can't figure out what it is and what is wrong. I just installed windows on this machine a couple months ago and I have not messed with installing any non-professional software.

All I know is the window comes up completely white before it closes, I have a hunch that it is either OneDrive or Outlook because I often experience buggy features from the two and the small size of the window resembles a windows prompt/tool.

Is there any way to monitor what has most recently closed to get to the source of the issue?

Thanks,

Cole

:)

ColeStansbury2, Jan 28, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 28, 2021
  3. Small tiles sometimes being half of its original size

Hi Purnen,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Resize the app.

• Open the Start menu.

• Right click on the icons (which are appearing small on your start menu) and click on Resize.

• Select the option like small/medium/large/wide which you like. (Resize options vary from the app to app)

Step 2: If the particular app is missing/not there on Start menu.

• Open the Start menu, type the app name in the search bar.

• Once you see the pap name on the search bar, right click on it and click on Pin to start if the app is not there on Start menu. (you may click on Pin to taskbar also if you wish to pin the app to taskbar)

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jan 28, 2021
  4. Zzzzzt Win User

Small window quickly opens and closes regularly

Some mouse pointers become very small

This works. But oh, is the startup painfully slow. Not sure what is worse, the small pointers or the startup performance.

No help here... Small window quickly opens and closes regularly :(

Windows Update runs regularly, and all available updates are installed.

Startup is quick.

The "Disable hardware graphics acceleration" is already checked.

I still believe it has something to do with the 3840x2160 resolution and the scaling in certain applications... FWIW.

Zzzzzt, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

Small window quickly opens and closes regularly

1. Small window quickly opens and closes regularly - Similar Threads - Small window quickly

2. Is it normal for windows to quickly open and close at startup on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it normal for windows to quickly open and close at startup on Windows 11: After logging on, during startup I normally see anywhere from 1 to 3 windows quickly open and then close on my desktop. They open and close too quickly to tell what they are. Is this normal during startup?...
  3. Is it normal for windows to quickly open and close at startup on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it normal for windows to quickly open and close at startup on Windows 11: After logging on, during startup I normally see anywhere from 1 to 3 windows quickly open and then close on my desktop. They open and close too quickly to tell what they are. Is this normal during startup?...
  4. Quick Assist opens remote desktop view in a small window

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Assist opens remote desktop view in a small window: When offering assistance the view window that opens is quite small. I see the full remote desktop, but the local window is small and the maximize button is greyed out. if I close Quick Assist session and reopen Quick Assist and get the remote user to restart Quick Assist the...
  5. CMD randomly opens then closes quickly Not Office

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CMD randomly opens then closes quickly Not Office: Recently I have been noticing that the CMD has been randomly opening up out of nowhereI checked online but noticed the issue had nothing to do with Windows Office.I recorded my screen then went back frame by frame to take a screenshot and tried to look for the location of...
  6. File open/close dialog windows too small

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File open/close dialog windows too small: Hi, I only have this problem on my Asus UX305FA laptop. Open and save file dialog windows are too small. The text is fine but the window size needs to be adjusted each time I want to use it so I can see the full file name and see more than 3 files. All of my other Windows...
  7. Two command line windows open and close quickly at startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Two command line windows open and close quickly at startup: Hello, Is there a way to tell which program is responsible for two command line windows that open one after the other and then close one after the other quickly at startup? All I see is 2 black windows that open and close very fast but that's it What can it be? Thanks...
  8. Command prompt opens and closes very quickly on startup.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Command prompt opens and closes very quickly on startup.: Whenever I turn on my computer, I see a quick blink of a command prompt. I'm not exactly sure what it is since it's so fast. Some people say it's Office trying to install an update, but Office is already updated! Need help, -Randy...
  9. No windows settings opening, or they show the loading screen then quickly close.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No windows settings opening, or they show the loading screen then quickly close.: Trying to opening windows settings but none of them are opening up, have tried restarting computer but I’m still having the same issue. submitted by /u/Cowsaurus [link] [comments]...
  10. Box opens and closes quickly constantly losing cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Box opens and closes quickly constantly losing cursor: Since an update about 2 weeks ago, my computer display opens a box constantly mid screen, then closes. Too fast to read what its saying, but when typing or working, its interrupting the position of the typing and cursor. Annoying would be an understatement. I feel like it...