Windows 10: Smaller resolutions changed from fit to fill?

Discus and support Smaller resolutions changed from fit to fill? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was having some issues today trying with valorant because i play at 1920x1080 but my surface book 2 has a 3000x2000 screen. Normally i would scale... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pickdiamond, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Smaller resolutions changed from fit to fill?

I was having some issues today trying with valorant because i play at 1920x1080 but my surface book 2 has a 3000x2000 screen. Normally i would scale down and play normally however today everytime i opened valorant the resolution would switch back to 3000x2000 on the desktop. I noticed it was because my valorant resolution was set to 3000x2000 for some reason but when i changed it it caused my screen to be stretched vertically. Now whenever i downscale to 3000x2000 it automatically fills my screen so that it is stretched vertically? How can I change this back?

:)

pickdiamond, Sep 2, 2020
  2. erocker Win User

Fit's current machine... always changing

I'm just waiting for evga to list them for a step-up! Looks killer fits.

erocker, Sep 2, 2020
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Screen smaller and resolution

Hello JerryXia1,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you are facing issues with the screen resolution, I would suggest you to change the display settings.

Method 1: Change screen resolution

1. Open Start, select Settings > System > Display > Advanced display settings.
    2. Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked “(Recommended) ”

Method 2: Update Display drivers

Follow the article to update the drivers from Device manager- https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028443/windows-10-update-drivers

Additional Information: Windows scaling issues for high-DPI devices

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3025083/windows-scaling-issues-for-high-dpi-devices

Hope it helps.

Mala. S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Mala_S, Sep 2, 2020
  4. Smaller resolutions changed from fit to fill?

Monitor resolution

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with screen resolution. I will try to help you in fixing the issue.

To help you suggest more steps to resolve the issue, I would appreciate if you could answer the following questions:

What exactly happens when you try to change the screen resolution? Do you get any error message?

The recommended resolution on windows 10 is 1920 x 1080. Change the resolution to 1920 x 1080 and check.

The reason why your display was stretched sideways is because the resolution was in-corrected.

Here are the steps to change the screen resolution:

• Right Click the Desktop and select
      Screen Resolution.
    • Click the Make text and other items larger or smaller link.
    • In the Change only the text size section click the
      drop down menu
      to select the items you want to change.
    Hope the information was helpful

Nachappa C K, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

Smaller resolutions changed from fit to fill?

1. Smaller resolutions changed from fit to fill? - Similar Threads - Smaller resolutions changed

2. can't be able to change resolution of a game without it's window getting smaller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't be able to change resolution of a game without it's window getting smaller: hiso i am using a MacBook Pro 2019, and i installed bootcamp on it, i used to use bootcamp on my mac but because of a problem, my mac fully got erased and i had to reinstall windows again, before my mac getting erased, i would be able to change resolutions of games such as...
  3. can't be able to change resolution of a game without it's window getting smaller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't be able to change resolution of a game without it's window getting smaller: hiso i am using a MacBook Pro 2019, and i installed bootcamp on it, i used to use bootcamp on my mac but because of a problem, my mac fully got erased and i had to reinstall windows again, before my mac getting erased, i would be able to change resolutions of games such as...
  4. Screen resolution does not fit screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen resolution does not fit screen: I have a HP 2310m monitor, with a 1920x1080 resolution. If I set my resolution in windows settings to 1920x1080, it does not fit my monitor, and not all of the screen can be seen. When I check my monitor settings, it grays out the option to change resolution, unless I set...
  5. screen resolution not fitting with monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    screen resolution not fitting with monitor: i'm sorry if this is a dumb question but i really am in need of help, basically the screen is smaller than the monitor with black borders, i tried to change the resolution from display settings but when when i change to something bigger tha 1600 X 900 the screen turns black...
  6. Xbox Recorder recording is a smaller resolution?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Recorder recording is a smaller resolution?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TimelySong9 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jm4l3x/xbox_recorder_recording_is_a_smaller_resolution/
  7. Screen smaller and resolution

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen smaller and resolution: Hi everyone, I am having issues with my Surface Pro 4... the screen resolution is now worse and the screen size has become smaller, following some video gameplay. I find that the text has gotten a bit bigger but I can't find any solutions of how I could fix this problem. I...
  8. Adjust low resolutions to fit screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Adjust low resolutions to fit screen: Hi there another possibility is with these types of screens is to use the HARDWARE menu (remote if you have a remote controller) or via a button to get the on screen menu. Look for something like Auto re-size or similar on the picture menu. Do this from the monitor -- not...
  9. Resolution not fitting screen & Others

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Resolution not fitting screen & Others: I have a few problems, I'll just list them and what I know because frankly I can't think of the answers. Even working with computers as a job I'm still mind blown by some of these. Problem 1 I have a XFX R7-260X-CNF4 R7 260X running on windows 10 x64. Anyway my monitor...
  10. Video files resolution getting smaller

in Windows 10 Support
    Video files resolution getting smaller: Hi I have on my D Drive, My own personal TV Series I have bought and converted and have a Resolution of 1280x720p in either H264 or H265 format or all Video Files. Today I went to watch a TV Show and I noticed that many of my Video Files have been reduced in resolution...