Windows 10: Smallest Start menu possible

Discus and support Smallest Start menu possible in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; What is the smallest size possible for the Windows 10 Start menu? I could only resize it to a certain extent, then it would not get any smaller.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by satchmo, Aug 11, 2015.

1. satchmo Win User

Smallest Start menu possible

What is the smallest size possible for the Windows 10 Start menu?

I could only resize it to a certain extent, then it would not get any smaller.

Smallest Start menu possible [​IMG]

:)

satchmo, Aug 11, 2015
  2. 93tid Win User

how to disable live tile option in people ....lumia 730

Alternatively you could try minimising it to the smallest possible tile size on your home screen.

93tid, Aug 11, 2015
  3. bouys Win User
    Can't Decrease Width of Windows 10 Start Menu

I am customizing my start menu and I have removed all of the tiles on the right side of the start menu and I hovered my mouse over the right side of the start menu so that the double arrow appears but I cannot seem to decrease to one column. I can drag the
    right edge to the right and back left but two columns remain at the minimum. This is the smallest width-wise the start menu can go.

How can I get the start menu so that it only displays one column?

bouys, Aug 11, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

This is as small as I can get mine.

Edwin, Aug 11, 2015
  5. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Small is nice, albeit I like using a great deal of screen space so I use full screen mode. . it reminds me of Win 8/8.1 "Start Screen." Which by the way I really did like. . .*Smile

6. Ztruker Win User
    Or install Start10 *Smile

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Smallest Start menu possible - Similar Threads - Smallest Start menu

2. Is it possible to add a folder to the start menu tiles?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to add a folder to the start menu tiles?: I want to add my Screenshots folder to the "productivity" section of the start menu. Like this: https://i.imgur.com/JOHh91y.jpg It doesn't let me add it anywhere in the start menu though. I've googled around and still don't know if windows allows you to do that. Does...
  3. is it possible to search for folders in the start menu?

is it possible to search for folders in the start menu?: For example, I have a folder called "Asus" in my start menu that has about 8 asus apps in it. I want to be able to search for "Asus" in the search bar to get to it quicker (not having to click the start button and scroll down), but the search bar finds nothing for "Asus". It...
  4. Start menu search, is it possible to remove?

Start menu search, is it possible to remove?: Is is possible to completely remove search from the start menu, or at least have it not return results from any source? submitted by /u/deey001 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i5n97e/start_menu_search_is_it_possible_to_remove/
  5. Is it possible to make start menu more transparent?

Is it possible to make start menu more transparent?: I would like to make the start menu more transparent. Ideally without 3rd party tools. submitted by /u/noobatanything [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hj2lah/is_it_possible_to_make_start_menu_more_transparent/
  6. is it possible to make the mouse pointer smaller than smallest possible?

is it possible to make the mouse pointer smaller than smallest possible?: i love how small the pointer is on a 1440p resolution but it looks so bulky in 1080p. if there's any way to change the pointer size to smaller THAN SMALLEST POSSIBLE please let me know. i do not mean going into ease of access shit. i don't mean this...
  7. possible to change color of start menu only

in Windows 10 Customization
    possible to change color of start menu only: Id like to change color of start menu only while preserving the accent color for window titles. Is this possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/possible-to-change-color-of-start-menu-only/c19459bb-3e74-4d59-8da4-76578fa526c1
  8. Start Menu not working possible solution

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Start Menu not working possible solution: I have been fighting with the start menu and many of the windows apps not working after leaving the computer for a while. With some of the apps, I could close them and restart. I am using a Laptop with two external monitors. I tried all the fixes I could find out there,...
  9. Custom Engine for Start Menu Search possible?

in Windows 10 Support
    Custom Engine for Start Menu Search possible?: Has anybody figured out if it is finally possible to customize the "Universal Start Menu search" or replace the Bing Search by Google search or any other prefered online search engine? In Windows 8.1 that was sadly not possible and i assume it won't be possible to...
  10. Is it possible to completely disable the start menu?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it possible to completely disable the start menu?: I'm using an old laptop as a Kodi Media Center and I have it set to automatically login and boot kodi on startup and wake from sleep, so what I'm wanting to do is add all shortcuts I need to the desktop and completely disable the start menu. Not sure if this is possible, but...