Windows 10: Smart app controll blocks msbuild.exe when build app in visual studio

Discus and support Smart app controll blocks msbuild.exe when build app in visual studio in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I'm having an issue when build an app using visual studio run msbuild from cmd produce this issue as well. Smart app control blocks msbuild.exe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Andi Mustafaj, Apr 25, 2024.

1. Smart app controll blocks msbuild.exe when build app in visual studio

Hi,I'm having an issue when build an app using visual studio run msbuild from cmd produce this issue as well. Smart app control blocks msbuild.exe telling me that it doesn't respect security policy of Smart app control.I've tried do build my app in another machinea new windows11 virtual machine created for this test, and process complete successfully.I've written to visual studio's assistance, They confirmed that this is my machine issue ad addressed me here.Thanks,Andi.

:)

Andi Mustafaj, Apr 25, 2024

2. Visual Studio Blocks (app Request)

Dear Microsoft Team,

I am writing to you with a suggestion for a new app that I think would be very useful and innovative for people who want to learn to code without any prior experience. The app would be a mix of Visual Studio and VS Code, but it would use only block-based coding instead of text-based coding. I would like to call it “Visual Studio Blocks”.

Block-based coding is a way of creating programs by dragging and dropping blocks that represent different commands, variables, functions, and logic. It is very intuitive and easy to understand, especially for beginners who may find text-based coding too intimidating or confusing. Block-based coding also allows users to see the results of their code immediately, which can be very motivating and rewarding.

I know that Microsoft already has a platform for block-based coding called MakeCode, but I think that it is too limited and childish for my needs. MakeCode is mainly designed for kids and educators who want to create games and projects with micro:bit, Minecraft, Arcade, and other devices. It does not offer the same level of functionality and flexibility that Visual Studio and VS Code do.

That is why I suggest creating a new app that combines the best features of both Visual Studio and VS Code with block-based coding. Visual Studio Blocks would allow users to create applications for Windows, Mac, and iPad using blocks. It would also support multiple programming languages as blocks, such as C#, Python, JavaScript, and more. Users could switch between different languages easily and see how the same blocks translate into different syntaxes.

Visual Studio Blocks would also have an extensions feature that would let users customize their coding environment with additional tools and features. For example, users could install extensions for debugging, testing, version control, code formatting, code analysis, code completion, code snippets, themes, icons, and more. Users could also create their own extensions and share them with the community.

Visual Studio Blocks would be a great app for anyone who wants to learn to code in a fun and easy way. It would also be a great tool for teachers who want to introduce coding to their students in an engaging and interactive way. It would also be a great way for Microsoft to attract more users to its products and services.

I hope that you will consider my suggestion and create Visual Studio Blocks as soon as possible. I think that it would be a huge success and a game-changer for the coding industry.

Salem Warde11, Apr 25, 2024
  3. Smart App Control

Smart app controll blocks msbuild.exe when build app in visual studio 5175d238-a05c-41d9-b8f8-67f14405cc29?upload=true.png

So I used Visual Studio to create simple Windows apps that will automate my work, and most of these consist of less than 1,000 lines of code.

I also made an app for my cousin that makes it easier for them to design menus and social media posters for their bakeshop, with few clicks. My apps were blocked right away by Windows 10's Smart Screen, but that's something that you can work your way around with.

But with Windows 11's implementation of Smart App Control, the only way to run my apps is by signing them.

And should I be worried about my apps getting blocked by Smart App Control? Does it block all unsigned apps?
    Will it block programs that I debug in VS?
    If yes, how can I use my own apps on my work computer running Windows 11?
    I think Smart App Control is beneficial to those who don't know what they are doing on Windows; but for technical users; it will only get in our way.
    For users who open, download, and double-click any malicious, executable attachment disguised as a Word document, Smart App Control is for them.

Taylor Devin, Apr 25, 2024
  4. Smart app controll blocks msbuild.exe when build app in visual studio

How to build a .waproj MSIX project using msbuild (from build tools)

I am trying to work out how to build my .waproj project, and builds a bundle for a WINUI3 project from the command line (for a teamcity auto CLI build system)

I have installed VS 2022 build tools (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\BuildTools\MSBuild\Current\Bin), and am trying to build the .waproj file using the full path to msbuild (to make sure I get the correct version), eg

```

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\BuildTools\MSBuild\Current\Bin\msbuild" "TestAppWinUI (Package).wapproj" /p:UapAppxPackageBuildMode=SideLoadOnly /p:AppxBundle=Never /p:AppxPackageOutput=d:\\0\\MsixDesktopApp.msix /p:AppxPackageSigningEnabled=false

```

But I get the following errors

```

Build started 14-Jun-22 11:05:23 AM.

Project "D:\dev\TestApps\TestApp\TestAppWinUI\TestAppWinUI (Package)\TestAppWinUI (Package).wapproj" on node 1 (default targets).

D:\dev\TestApps\TestApp\TestAppWinUI\TestAppWinUI (Package)\TestAppWinUI (Package).wapproj(36,3): error MSB4019: The imported project "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft

Visual Studio\2022\BuildTools\MSBuild\Microsoft\DesktopBridge\Microsoft.DesktopBridge.props" was not found. Confirm that the expression in the Import declaration "C:\Program Files (x86)\Micr

osoft Visual Studio\2022\BuildTools\MSBuild\Microsoft\DesktopBridge\\Microsoft.DesktopBridge.props" is correct, and that the file exists on disk.

Done Building Project "D:\dev\TestApps\TestApp\TestAppWinUI\TestAppWinUI (Package)\TestAppWinUI (Package).wapproj" (default targets) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

"D:\dev\TestApps\TestApp\TestAppWinUI\TestAppWinUI (Package)\TestAppWinUI (Package).wapproj" (default target) (1) ->

D:\dev\TestApps\TestApp\TestAppWinUI\TestAppWinUI (Package)\TestAppWinUI (Package).wapproj(36,3): error MSB4019: The imported project "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microso

ft Visual Studio\2022\BuildTools\MSBuild\Microsoft\DesktopBridge\Microsoft.DesktopBridge.props" was not found. Confirm that the expression in the Import declaration "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mi

crosoft Visual Studio\2022\BuildTools\MSBuild\Microsoft\DesktopBridge\\Microsoft.DesktopBridge.props" is correct, and that the file exists on disk.

0 Warning(s)

1 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:00.01

```

Would anyone know how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance

Peterjc2007, Apr 25, 2024
Thema:

Smart app controll blocks msbuild.exe when build app in visual studio

1. Smart app controll blocks msbuild.exe when build app in visual studio - Similar Threads - Smart app controll

2. Smart app controll blocks msbuild.exe when build app in visual studio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Smart app controll blocks msbuild.exe when build app in visual studio: Hi,I'm having an issue when build an app using visual studio run msbuild from cmd produce this issue as well. Smart app control blocks msbuild.exe telling me that it doesn't respect security policy of Smart app control.I've tried do build my app in another machinea new...
  3. Smart Control App is blocking software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Smart Control App is blocking software: SCA is blocking wsl, wmic and other software and that's getting on my way. I try to keep windows up to date and when I run sfc scannow and dism... scanhealth they turn out good....
  4. Smart Control App is blocking software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Smart Control App is blocking software: SCA is blocking wsl, wmic and other software and that's getting on my way. I try to keep windows up to date and when I run sfc scannow and dism... scanhealth they turn out good....
  5. Visual Studio Blocks app Request

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual Studio Blocks app Request: Dear Microsoft Team, I am writing to you with a suggestion for a new app that I think would be very useful and innovative for people who want to learn to code without any prior experience. The app would be a mix of Visual Studio and VS Code, but it would use only block-based...
  6. Visual Studio Blocks app Request

Visual Studio Blocks app Request: Dear Microsoft Team, I am writing to you with a suggestion for a new app that I think would be very useful and innovative for people who want to learn to code without any prior experience. The app would be a mix of Visual Studio and VS Code, but it would use only block-based...
  7. Smart App Control blocked part of App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Smart App Control blocked part of App: When I run AOMEI back upper I get pop up in notifications saying Smart App Control has blocked part of this app.Have added it to the exclusions in Windows Security but it keeps blocking it. Please could you advise how to fix it have run sfc /scannow No issuses found and dism...
  8. Smart App Control blocked part of App

Smart App Control blocked part of App: When I run AOMEI back upper I get pop up in notifications saying Smart App Control has blocked part of this app.Have added it to the exclusions in Windows Security but it keeps blocking it. Please could you advise how to fix it have run sfc /scannow No issuses found and dism...
  9. Smart App Control

Smart App Control: Works good but seems to be an issue w/ Halo 100+ GB running locally.-k https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smart-app-control/67c4407b-049c-4adb-8a67-eeffc8ae6321
  10. Smart app control

Smart app control: I learnt about a new update coming called the smart app control. I also read that it will require us to reset our pc. Can I somehow prevent that as I do not want to reset my windows 11 pc right now?...