Windows 10: Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ..."

Discus and support Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ..." in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I have the same issue like addodin in this case: addodin case. I installed all drivers and I can read certificates trough vendor software, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PawełLentner, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ..."

Hello, I have the same issue like addodin in this case: addodin case. I installed all drivers and I can read certificates trough vendor software, but when I want to sign in with my smart card at web browser I faced the problem with: The smart card cannot perform ..Im using WIN11 arm64 on Parallels on Mac M1. Is any solution for that?Thanks in advance.

:)

PawełLentner, Aug 10, 2022
  2. adodin Win User

Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ..."

Hello all,

sorry in advance for my English I'm French Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ..." :)

I have an issue since I changed my computer last week. I use a French government website since 6 years who need a physical smart card with a certificat inside to run the website (1st step => the website read the smart card / 2nd step= the system ask me the PIN code of the smart card / 3rd step = the website run)

Since my new computer, I always have the same message when I want to run the website. "The smart card cannot perform the request operation or the operation requires a different smart card". System ask me with certificate I want to use so this step is normal (look screenshot)
    Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ..." 96526589-cc24-42d9-b816-86b12f124adf?upload=true.png

but after, system never ask me the code I'm blocked (see screenshot)

Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ..." 719cbb53-8a59-4c10-ba27-f369a6c14e63?upload=true.png

I try on my old computer with the same card reader, same drivers etc... and it works great. I read multiple articles concerning this kind of issue but impossible to fix it. Drivers are update, the system is update.

Thanks you so much for your help.

Regards

adodin, Aug 10, 2022
  3. LydiaGG Win User
    Connect a smart card

Thank you Yasir; I read the content in the link provided; the problem I have now is not to ask for smart card when log on but to connect a smart card when update applications. Do you have a suggestion for that?

LydiaGG, Aug 10, 2022
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Smart Card Reader / Gettign a Card

Hi,

Smart card reader can be used for identification, authentication, and data storage. We suggest contacting the device manufacturer for further assistance on how to use the smart card reader.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Anne Ros, Aug 10, 2022
Thema:

1. Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ..." - Similar Threads - Smart card issue

2. The smart card cannot perform the requested operation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The smart card cannot perform the requested operation: After the latest windows 11 update, I am not able to read the smart card - IDEMIA ID-One PIC/CIV on V8 device ACS ACR39U ICC reader 0 - The smart card cannot perform the requested operation or the operation requires a different smart card...
  3. The smart card cannot perform the requested operation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The smart card cannot perform the requested operation: After the latest windows 11 update, I am not able to read the smart card - IDEMIA ID-One PIC/CIV on V8 device ACS ACR39U ICC reader 0 - The smart card cannot perform the requested operation or the operation requires a different smart card...
  4. smart card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    smart card: I just used laplink PC Mover to transfer from one PC to a new PC. At first, everything worked fine. Then I installed a legacy scanner and had some certificate issues getting it installed Scanner is an Epson ES-500W, and since then when I open Outlook 2007 I get a pop up...
  5. smart card

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    smart card: I just used laplink PC Mover to transfer from one PC to a new PC. At first, everything worked fine. Then I installed a legacy scanner and had some certificate issues getting it installed Scanner is an Epson ES-500W, and since then when I open Outlook 2007 I get a pop up...
  6. smart card

7. Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ..."

Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ...": Hello, I have the same issue like addodin in this case: addodin case. I installed all drivers and I can read certificates trough vendor software, but when I want to sign in with my smart card at web browser I faced the problem with: The smart card cannot perform ..Im using...
  8. Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ..."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ...": Hello all, sorry in advance for my English I'm French :I have an issue since I changed my computer last week. I use a French government website since 6 years who need a physical smart card with a certificat inside to run the website 1st step => the website read the smart card...
  9. Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ..."

Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ...": Hello all, sorry in advance for my English I'm French :I have an issue since I changed my computer last week. I use a French government website since 6 years who need a physical smart card with a certificat inside to run the website 1st step => the website read the smart card...
  10. The smart card cannot perform the requested operation

in Windows 10 News
    The smart card cannot perform the requested operation: [ATTACH]When you try to use a smart card to authenticate to Windows, you might receive error messages such as The smart card cannot perform the […] This article The smart card cannot perform the requested operation first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...