Windows 10: Smart Card Login not working when LSASS is not disabled

Discus and support Smart Card Login not working when LSASS is not disabled in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hy, we are experiencing errors while logging in with Smart Card. Precisely it is error ID 5, but we tried to disable LSASS through Local Group Policy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Marko Rukavina, Feb 9, 2023.

1. Smart Card Login not working when LSASS is not disabled

Hy, we are experiencing errors while logging in with Smart Card. Precisely it is error ID 5, but we tried to disable LSASS through Local Group Policy and it worked.When LSASS is disabled the Smart Card Login is working normally. The problem is that I do not want to leave LSASS in a disabled state and I don't think that is a solution to the problem.Anyone had the same problem maybe?All idea's are welcome.

:)

Marko Rukavina, Feb 9, 2023

2. Windows 10 smart card login

Okay, so I wanted to set up my computer to log in via smart card as a secondary way to enter. I have a CAC and a CAC reader and I got them working. Here's the problem. I set the login via smart card enabled but it never setup a user or even registered my CAC as a login.... so now I am stuck locked out of my computer and every time I put in my pass code it says "you must use a smart card to sign in". How can I bypass this or reset my computer? This kinda erks me I jumped a coupe steps and jacked this up.

Cgriff1030, Feb 9, 2023
  3. kene Win User
    Windows 10 smart card login

Hi Cgriff1030! Smart card login is much more security than traditional text password but it is rarely used. You can use either PCUnlocker or Active Password Changer software to disable the "Force Smart Card Login" policy. Both of them are bootable medias. After disabling the smart card login, you should be allowed to login with password.

kene, Feb 9, 2023
  4. Berton Win User

Smart Card Login not working when LSASS is not disabled

Windows 10 smart card login

What's a "CAC"?

Berton, Feb 9, 2023
Thema:

Smart Card Login not working when LSASS is not disabled

1. Smart Card Login not working when LSASS is not disabled - Similar Threads - Smart Card Login

2. Smart Card Login not working when LSASS is not disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Smart Card Login not working when LSASS is not disabled: Hy, we are experiencing errors while logging in with Smart Card. Precisely it is error ID 5, but we tried to disable LSASS through Local Group Policy and it worked.When LSASS is disabled the Smart Card Login is working normally. The problem is that I do not want to leave...
  3. Unable to login with a smart card. Error: "signing in with a smart card is not supported...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login with a smart card. Error: "signing in with a smart card is not supported...: Hello everyone, I am writing to describe a problem I have trying to setup an Windows Domain environment for a Automation System. Normaly, in the past we did really basic Active Directry setup with policies regarding accounts, passwords, RDP, use of USB devices just standard...
  4. Unable to login with a smart card. Error: "signing in with a smart card is not supported...

Unable to login with a smart card. Error: "signing in with a smart card is not supported...: Hello everyone, I am writing to describe a problem I have trying to setup an Windows Domain environment for a Automation System. Normaly, in the past we did really basic Active Directry setup with policies regarding accounts, passwords, RDP, use of USB devices just standard...
  5. LSASS Login Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LSASS Login Failure: Hello,I could see multiple failed logins from a disabled admin account for the process lsass.exe windows server that is throwing a ton of Login Failure errors. I have dug into the errors and I see that something on the server itself is trying to authenticate with the server...
  6. LSASS Login Failure

LSASS Login Failure: Hello,I could see multiple failed logins from a disabled admin account for the process lsass.exe windows server that is throwing a ton of Login Failure errors. I have dug into the errors and I see that something on the server itself is trying to authenticate with the server...
  7. LSASS Login Failure

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. Smart Card login accounts?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Smart Card login accounts?: Are Smart Card logins to authenticate to login into Windows considered a Local User account or is it still a Domain User account? Supposed a user gets provided a CAC or a PIV card to insert to their Smart Card reader to authenticate or logon to their Windows account, is it a...
  9. Smart card login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Smart card login: Hello,So I've enabled the smart card services on Win 2k19 and installed IIS. I've also enabled the GPO for smart-card authentication and Windows Hello for Business on the server. Could someone provide a step-by-step on actually enrolling the Yubi key? I have joined the...
  10. Windows login smart card

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows login smart card: Hi, Is it possible to use smart card for a local account in windows 10 v1809? What i can see it´s only possible with computers connected to a domain... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-login-smart-card/acbadc67-ad26-4545-9daf-6add4ed1974b