Windows 10: Smart Card not reading CAC

Discus and support Smart Card not reading CAC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, After a microsoft update a few months ago my smart card reader no longer recognize my CAC. When I would try to log onto military sites, it would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MB3838, Apr 14, 2020.

1. MB3838 Win User

Smart Card not reading CAC

Hi,

After a microsoft update a few months ago my smart card reader no longer recognize my CAC. When I would try to log onto military sites, it would say no certificates present. On activclient middleware, it would say no card reader detected. I am using a SCR331 and a Stanley global as card readers. However, I know my CAC and the readers are good because both work with no issues on my laptop and at work. I also know my desktop which is the issue use to work fine until I did the update. When I rolled back the update, the issue was still present.

I have read and used all the steps and tips I could find on Military CAC to no avail. Under devices, I can see both smart card readers and both have newest drivers. Under services, certificates and smart card readers are running and automatic.

I have seen this very issue posted many times on the help forms and the few actual suggestions I have tired. Helping to find a solution would not only help me but many others with this same issue.

Please help! Thank you.

:)

MB3838, Apr 14, 2020
  2. MB3838 Win User

Hi,

After a microsoft update a few months ago my smart card reader no longer recognize my CAC. When I would try to log onto military sites, it would say no certificates present. On activclient (middleware), it would say no card reader detected. I am using a
    SCR331 and a Stanley global as card readers. However, I know my CAC and the readers are good because both work with no issues on my laptop and at work. I also know my desktop (which is the issue) use to work fine until I did the update. When I rolled back
    the update, the issue was still present.

I have read and used all the steps and tips I could find on Military CAC to no avail. Under devices, I can see both smart card readers and both have newest drivers. Under services, certificates and smart card readers are running and automatic.

I have seen this very issue posted many times on the help forms and the few actual suggestions I have tired. Helping to find a solution would not only help me but many others with this same issue.

Please help! Thank you.

MB3838, May 25, 2020
  3. Computer not reading CAC card

I have been reading through a lot subject on getting your on getting your CAC card to work on your computer and have followed everyone's advice, however my computer still doesn't recognize my CAC card when I put it in the reader. I have downloaded the
    smart card manager and it says there are no smart cards detected. In the device manager it says my card reader is working properly and when I try to update drivers it says the most current drivers are installed. Any ideas on what I need to do to get my computer
    to recognize my CAC card?

BrandonFenstermaker, May 25, 2020
  4. Smart Card not reading CAC

Computer not reading CAC card

So after rolling back the driver I still had the same issue. The computer recognizes the Common Access Card (CAC) reader but it doesn't read the common access card. So I re-updated the drivers to the most current ones. Any other suggestions?

BrandonFenstermaker, May 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Smart Card not reading CAC - Similar Threads - Smart Card reading

2. Read Smart Card from Hyper-V Guest

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Read Smart Card from Hyper-V Guest: We are using Windows 10 as a Hyper-V guest, and have Windows 10 as a Hyper-V Guest. There is a standard Smart Card reader attached to the physical hostomnikey card reader , but we can not get the smart card to be read from the Hyper-V Guest.Does anybody have any experience or...
  3. CAC reader SCR3310 V2.0 Not reading CAC

CAC reader SCR3310 V2.0 Not reading CAC: I have updated the driver for the CAC reader a million times now and it still won't read the card. I've tried 3 different readers and same issue. The PC can see the cac reader in device manager but the reader wont read the card. I've tried the reader and card on a MAC and I...
  4. Windows 10 1909 Update, disabled Military CAC Smart Card Readers

Windows 10 1909 Update, disabled Military CAC Smart Card Readers: I have an issue with the recent Windows Update 1909. A week ago I had no issues accessing my Military CAC. After a recent Update I could no longer access my CAC. Both Smart Card readers are listed in Device Manager but ActiveClient does not list any card readers...
  5. computer stopped reading smart card

computer stopped reading smart card: Hi Up to yesterday I have been using a smartcard for over a year. Yesterday I played around with permissions to folders. today the computer no longer reads the smart card. It works in other computers. Any ideas? p.s. when booting up the computer the smart card lights...
  6. Windows Security is no longer recognizing my CAC reader (Smart Card reader)

Windows Security is no longer recognizing my CAC reader (Smart Card reader): Windows Security seems to have randomly stopped recognizing my CAC reader, this happened early September. Typically whenever I access a website that needs my CAC (email, DTS, etc), it prompts me to select my name from a list of credentials, which I do. Then a box pops up...
  7. CAC Card reader not detecting the card

CAC Card reader not detecting the card: Hello, I've read several posts with the EXACT same question, but they're not resolved, so I'm starting my own. I'm in the military and use a CAC CARD reader to access websites. After a recent windows update, my computer no longer detects my CAC CARD. The card reader is fine,...
  8. CAC CARD

CAC CARD: Good Evening: I am in the military and I use a CAC CARD reader to access various websites to do my job on my own computer. I took a recent update on Windows 10 to Version 1903. Now my computer sees my cac card reader, but when I insert my cac card it doesn't notice it....
  9. I have a cac card reader, installed the certificates, but windows won't read my cac card....

I have a cac card reader, installed the certificates, but windows won't read my cac card....: I'm trying to use access cac card required sites on my home personal computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-cac-card-reader-installed-the/933a196c-5da6-4cb2-8401-b1401bfe5011
  10. Virtual Machine is not reading Smart Card reader and Smart card after Windows update.

Virtual Machine is not reading Smart Card reader and Smart card after Windows update.: Environment: WIN10 v1607 ENT N 2016 2016 / Virtual Machine - (Physical desktops with updates operate correctly) Since installing latest updates, all VM's will not read the certificates. However both objects "SCR35xx Smart Card Reader" and "Smart Card" -ARE- shown in device...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cac piv certificate stopped showing

2. cac card not being read