Windows 10: Smart Card Reader Notification on PC Start-up

Discus and support Smart Card Reader Notification on PC Start-up in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I used a CAC reader on my computer once and now every time I log in and get to my desktop the pop-up window to log on to my smart card comes... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Tulloss18, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Tulloss18 Win User

Smart Card Reader Notification on PC Start-up

Hello,

I used a CAC reader on my computer once and now every time I log in and get to my desktop the pop-up window to log on to my smart card comes up. Even when it's not plugged in. A few months ago I got into the settings and disable the reader all together and I'm still getting this annoying pop-up window. I've looked in the system setting's to disable ActivClient notifications and it isn't there. I also haven't been able to find a smart card notification section anywhere in the Security or the Notification section of my settings.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

-Brannon

:)

Tulloss18, Apr 15, 2020
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Smart Card Reader / Gettign a Card

Hi,

Smart card reader can be used for identification, authentication, and data storage. We suggest contacting the device manufacturer for further assistance on how to use the smart card reader.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Anne Ros, Apr 15, 2020
  3. WIndows 10 Compatible Smart Card Reader

I've been using an SCR3500 USB smart card reader for military websites for years with Windows 7. I've since found that this particular reader has been deprecated and will not work with my new Windows 10 machine.

Is there anyone out there using a smart card reader with Windows 10? If so, what make and model reader are you using? And yes, I've been to militarycac.com before someone suggests it. The site is offers a lot of suggestions but none of which are fixing
    my problem. Any assistance would greatly appreciated.

anthonycrivera, Apr 15, 2020
  4. Smart Card Reader Notification on PC Start-up

Disable smart card notification

No. Under Administrative Templates it has:

Control Panel

Network

Printers

Server

Start Menu and Taskbar

System

Windows Components

All Settings

I could not find anything for HID Global or Activclient, even under All Settings. I did find Smart Card under Windows Components, but nothing that talks about the card reader or notifications except about successful driver installation.

LarryHazeltine, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

Smart Card Reader Notification on PC Start-up

1. Smart Card Reader Notification on PC Start-up - Similar Threads - Smart Card Reader

2. Realtek usb smart card reader drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek usb smart card reader drive: drive for realtek usb smart card reader https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-usb-smart-card-reader-drive/de6d84c3-2463-4aa5-99ff-23803e79bec1
  3. Realtek usb smart card reader drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek usb smart card reader drive: drive for realtek usb smart card reader https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-usb-smart-card-reader-drive/de6d84c3-2463-4aa5-99ff-23803e79bec1
  4. Windows prompting to connect a Smart Card reader

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows prompting to connect a Smart Card reader: Recently we deployed some MS updates to our users KB4601056, KB4601315, KB4601395 and anyone using a smart card reader is now being prompted regularly to connect a smart card device. I have done a lot of searching and most of the fixes involve disabling the Smart Card reader...
  5. PIV Smart Card Reader

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PIV Smart Card Reader: Hi All, I am running Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1909 and 2004. I am tasked with trying to figure out how to a PIV Reader on my physical PC and then VPN\remote into another network PC , and have that PIV Card reader be functional on the remote session. I have gone into remote...
  6. Office smart card reader not prompting for PIN

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office smart card reader not prompting for PIN: Hi, I use a smart card reader along with a smart card provided by my employer. It had been working fine but all of a sudden it stopped working a few days back. Now when I try to login, I do not receive a prompt to input the PIN. Thus the page with the VM launcher does not...
  7. Windows update - smart card reader problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows update - smart card reader problems: Hi! After last windows 10 update my laptop do not read usb smart cards no smart cards reader. Windows 10 home 1909 10.12.2019. 18363.535 Please help me. Kind regards! Marko Marković...
  8. smart card reader is not working on lenovo t440

smart card reader is not working on lenovo t440: I use a gemalto smart card usb token, wich was used for secure signing of official documents on my laptop until the last major win10 update in august. (1903) After that the gemalto card stopped working... The problem is, that a win10 service for smartcard-s starts and...
  9. Virtual Machine is not reading Smart Card reader and Smart card after Windows update.

Virtual Machine is not reading Smart Card reader and Smart card after Windows update.: Environment: WIN10 v1607 ENT N 2016 2016 / Virtual Machine - (Physical desktops with updates operate correctly) Since installing latest updates, all VM's will not read the certificates. However both objects "SCR35xx Smart Card Reader" and "Smart Card" -ARE- shown in device...
  10. Smart Card Reader driver problem

Smart Card Reader driver problem: Hello! So, I ended up here because I didn't know what else to do. I have a problem with my Smart Card Reader(ID-Card). Windows doesn't let me install drivers for it manually, neither did it install them automatically. It all happened after updating Windows to the Anniversary...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows security smart card