Windows 10: Smart Card Reader problem after update 1909

Discus and support Smart Card Reader problem after update 1909 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I recently updated to 1909 18363.657. After the update my USB Smart Card reader doesn't work. I have 2 different brands of reader and both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tamadad, Mar 4, 2020.

1. tamadad Win User

Smart Card Reader problem after update 1909

Hello,

I recently updated to 1909 18363.657. After the update my USB Smart Card reader doesn't work. I have 2 different brands of reader and both don't work. Both worked prior to the update. I don't have problems with other USB devices.

I have the latest driver from the manufacturers.

Any idea how to resolve this problem?

Thanks,

JT

:)

tamadad, Mar 4, 2020

2. Windows update - smart card reader problems

Hi!

After last windows 10 update my laptop do not read usb smart cards (no smart cards reader).

Windows 10 home

Please help me.

Kind regards!

Marko Marković

MarkoMarković, Mar 4, 2020
  3. fusionz Win User
    Smart Card Reader driver problem

Hello!
    So, I ended up here because I didn't know what else to do. I have a problem with my Smart Card Reader(ID-Card). Windows doesn't let me install drivers for it manually, neither did it install them automatically. It all happened after updating Windows to the Anniversary Update. I tried to reinstall drivers, "Repair My Computer" with Windows disk(which didn't work for some reason) and used USB 2.0 and 3.0 to test whether it's the port problem. Also, manual installation gave me an error: "This operation requires an interactive window station."
    Can anyone here help me? I need to use smart card reader every day, to be honest.

Smart Card Reader problem after update 1909 [​IMG]

Sincerely,

fusionz, Mar 4, 2020
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Smart Card Reader / Gettign a Card

Hi,

Smart card reader can be used for identification, authentication, and data storage. We suggest contacting the device manufacturer for further assistance on how to use the smart card reader.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Anne Ros, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Smart Card Reader problem after update 1909 - Similar Threads - Smart Card Reader

2. Problem with GEMALTO smart card reader on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with GEMALTO smart card reader on windows 11: I'm having a problem with smart card reader GEMALTO CT40 on windows 11 home 64 bit. It doesn't reed my ID all the time, even though Windows sees it and recognize it's a card reader, and I can see it in Device Manager. When I try to log in on eGovernment in my country, Windows...
  3. Problem with GEMALTO smart card reader on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with GEMALTO smart card reader on windows 11: I'm having a problem with smart card reader GEMALTO CT40 on windows 11 home 64 bit. It doesn't reed my ID all the time, even though Windows sees it and recognize it's a card reader, and I can see it in Device Manager. When I try to log in on eGovernment in my country, Windows...
  4. Windows 10 1909 Update, disabled Military CAC Smart Card Readers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 1909 Update, disabled Military CAC Smart Card Readers: I have an issue with the recent Windows Update 1909. A week ago I had no issues accessing my Military CAC. After a recent Update I could no longer access my CAC. Both Smart Card readers are listed in Device Manager but ActiveClient does not list any card readers...
  5. PIV Smart Card Reader

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PIV Smart Card Reader: Hi All, I am running Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1909 and 2004. I am tasked with trying to figure out how to a PIV Reader on my physical PC and then VPN\remote into another network PC , and have that PIV Card reader be functional on the remote session. I have gone into remote...
  6. Office smart card reader not prompting for PIN

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office smart card reader not prompting for PIN: Hi, I use a smart card reader along with a smart card provided by my employer. It had been working fine but all of a sudden it stopped working a few days back. Now when I try to login, I do not receive a prompt to input the PIN. Thus the page with the VM launcher does not...
  7. windows security smart card problem after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows security smart card problem after update: Hello, i am a win 10 home user. yesterday i updated the latest windows 10 update and after this i keep getting this annoying smart card pop-up wich even after closing restarts immediatly. i am a somewhat experienced user but this problem has baffled me for the past hour...
  8. Windows update - smart card reader problems

Windows update - smart card reader problems: Hi! After last windows 10 update my laptop do not read usb smart cards no smart cards reader. Windows 10 home 1909 10.12.2019. 18363.535 Please help me. Kind regards! Marko Marković...
  9. Virtual Machine is not reading Smart Card reader and Smart card after Windows update.

Virtual Machine is not reading Smart Card reader and Smart card after Windows update.: Environment: WIN10 v1607 ENT N 2016 2016 / Virtual Machine - (Physical desktops with updates operate correctly) Since installing latest updates, all VM's will not read the certificates. However both objects "SCR35xx Smart Card Reader" and "Smart Card" -ARE- shown in device...
  10. Smart Card Reader driver problem

Smart Card Reader driver problem: Hello! So, I ended up here because I didn't know what else to do. I have a problem with my Smart Card Reader(ID-Card). Windows doesn't let me install drivers for it manually, neither did it install them automatically. It all happened after updating Windows to the Anniversary...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Smart card reader not working Windows 10 after update

2. Blue screen prompt for smart card authentication smart card reader not present

3. nu vot

4. Windows 10 1909 fup smard card problem,
  5. smart card reader problem after windows update