Windows 10: Smart card removal policy not working

Discus and support Smart card removal policy not working in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi. We have some PC running on Windows 10 Professionnal version 1909 on a work environment when the smartcard is removed, the session does not lock.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Axxellzz, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Axxellzz Win User

Smart card removal policy not working

Hi.

We have some PC running on Windows 10 Professionnal version 1909 on a work environment when the smartcard is removed, the session does not lock. We can logon on the session without any problems with the token.

I looked on the services running on Windows and the smart card removal was set to "manual" and was stopped. So i switched it to automatic and rebooted. I can logon with my token but again, when i removed it, the session is still active and doesn't want to lock. Does someone had this problem before? And if so, how can i resolve the situation?

:)

Axxellzz, Jul 23, 2020
  2. WilliamDz Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching out. My name is William. I'm a Windows technical expert. I'll be happy to help you out today.

Have you configured Smart Card Removal Policy to Automatic in GPO? Computer Config > Policies > Windows Settings > Security Settings > System Services.

WilliamDz, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Windows Security Smart Card popup

Hi Hoarder,

Disable Smart Card Plug and Play Service

Step 1

Hold down the "Windows" key and press "R" to open the Run dialog. Type "gpedit.msc" at the prompt and press "Enter" to open the Local Group Policy Editor.

Step 2

Expand "Computer Configuration," "Administrative Templates" and "Windows Components" in the tree browser. Double-click the "Smart Card" folder in the main window.

Step 3

Right-click "Turn On Smart Card Plug and Play Service" and select "Edit." In the Properties dialog, select "Disabled" to turn off this service and remove the smart card option from the login screen. Click "Apply" and "OK" to save your changes.

Step 4

Close Local Group Policy Editor and restart Windows to finalize the changes.

Let me know if this will work.

Thanks and regards,

RichardGuerzon, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Axxellzz Win User

Hi.

We have some PC running on Windows 10 Professionnal version 1909 on a work environment when the smartcard is removed, the session does not lock. We can logon on the session without any problems with the token.

I looked on the services running on Windows and the smart card removal was set to "manual" and was stopped. So i switched it to automatic and rebooted. I can logon with my token but again, when i removed it, the session is still active and doesn't want to
    lock. Does someone had this problem before? And if so, how can i resolve the situation?

Axxellzz, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Smart card removal policy not working - Similar Threads - Smart card removal

2. smart card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    smart card: I just used laplink PC Mover to transfer from one PC to a new PC. At first, everything worked fine. Then I installed a legacy scanner and had some certificate issues getting it installed Scanner is an Epson ES-500W, and since then when I open Outlook 2007 I get a pop up...
  3. smart card

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    smart card: I just used laplink PC Mover to transfer from one PC to a new PC. At first, everything worked fine. Then I installed a legacy scanner and had some certificate issues getting it installed Scanner is an Epson ES-500W, and since then when I open Outlook 2007 I get a pop up...
  4. smart card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Smart Card Services not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Smart Card Services not working: I am running Windows 10, 64 bit Home, version10.0.19044 on my HP Envy laptop. The Smart Card reader is not working. I found that the Smart Cart service and the Smart Card Device Enumeration Service were stopped and set to manual start. I set them to Automatic start and...
  6. Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ..."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ...": Hello, I have the same issue like addodin in this case: addodin case. I installed all drivers and I can read certificates trough vendor software, but when I want to sign in with my smart card at web browser I faced the problem with: The smart card cannot perform ..Im using...
  7. Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ..."

Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ...": Hello, I have the same issue like addodin in this case: addodin case. I installed all drivers and I can read certificates trough vendor software, but when I want to sign in with my smart card at web browser I faced the problem with: The smart card cannot perform ..Im using...
  8. Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ..."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ...": Hello all, sorry in advance for my English I'm French :I have an issue since I changed my computer last week. I use a French government website since 6 years who need a physical smart card with a certificat inside to run the website 1st step => the website read the smart card...
  9. Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ..."

Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ...": Hello all, sorry in advance for my English I'm French :I have an issue since I changed my computer last week. I use a French government website since 6 years who need a physical smart card with a certificat inside to run the website 1st step => the website read the smart card...
  10. Pin Policy for Smart Card Login in Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin Policy for Smart Card Login in Windows 10: Is it possible for to set a pin policy for smart card login? We are using PIV cards OpenFIPS201 in a Windows 10 A/D.The PIV standard specifies 6-8 digits, however we would like to enforce 8-digit PIN values via policy if possible.I have reviewed the Smart Card Group Policy...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why smart card removal policy started and stopped