Windows 10: Smart card user name

Discus and support Smart card user name in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have smart card USB token, and when I need to enter password to sign in document with certificate, Windows security form only gives me PIN field to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by mox, May 8, 2021.

1. MOX
    mox Win User

Smart card user name

I have smart card USB token, and when I need to enter password to sign in document with certificate, Windows security form only gives me PIN field to enter, I cant see the user name of certificate, which is really annoying. Is there a way to display user name of certificate when displaying PIN to enter?

:)

2. MOX
    mox Win User

Smart card user name

I have smart card USB token, and when I need to enter password to sign in document with certificate, Windows security form only gives me PIN field to enter, I cant see the user name of certificate, which is really annoying.
    Is there a way to display user name of certificate when displaying PIN to enter?

3. AR-IRIZ Win User
    Windows sign-in option with smart card

Hi Karla,

Thanks for the reply, it just shows registry and GP setting to change the sign in option from Password to smart card, how to enroll the card (link smart card to user).

Kindly provide complete steps to enroll the card and login with card.

AR-IRIZ, May 8, 2021
  4. Smart card user name

Windows 10 smart card login

Okay, so I wanted to set up my computer to log in via smart card as a secondary way to enter. I have a CAC and a CAC reader and I got them working. Here's the problem. I set the login via smart card enabled but it never setup a user or even registered my CAC as a login.... so now I am stuck locked out of my computer and every time I put in my pass code it says "you must use a smart card to sign in". How can I bypass this or reset my computer? This kinda erks me I jumped a coupe steps and jacked this up.

Cgriff1030, May 8, 2021
Thema:

Smart card user name

1. Smart card user name - Similar Threads - Smart card user

2. SMART CARD BLOCKED

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SMART CARD BLOCKED: I had been using CAC card a few days ago and everything was fine. It wasn't until yesterday that I got a message: "Your smart card is blocked" I had installed McAffe security two days ago and thought that was the problem so I uninstalled thinking it would fix the error....
  3. smart card service

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    smart card service: Since the latest update of win10 the service is not found among the services. Is it possible to get this function back ? The result is that a smart card reader from the bank no longer functions. thank you...
  4. smart card services

smart card services: Sinds de laatste windows update is bij de lokale services geen smart card service aanwezig, hierdoor werken card readers niet meer, kan dit terug geinstalleerd worden ?...
  5. smart card not being identified

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    smart card not being identified: Im trying to digitally sign document in adobe. Smart card is not being recognized so I can sign. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smart-card-not-being-identified/7904dbbb-1f0a-4613-a06f-07a69c18aae6
  6. Smart Card not reading CAC

Smart Card not reading CAC: Hi, After a microsoft update a few months ago my smart card reader no longer recognize my CAC. When I would try to log onto military sites, it would say no certificates present. On activclient middleware, it would say no card reader detected. I am using a SCR331 and a...
  7. Windows login smart card

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows login smart card: Hi, Is it possible to use smart card for a local account in windows 10 v1809? What i can see it´s only possible with computers connected to a domain... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-login-smart-card/acbadc67-ad26-4545-9daf-6add4ed1974b
  8. Smart card subsystem

Smart card subsystem: I'm running Windows 10 and use a smart card reader to update a security card frequently. Lately when I plug the reader in I get an error message saying "Unable to connect to smartcard subsystem" . The tech support for the card service says this occurred during a Windows...
  9. Connect a Smart Card

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Connect a Smart Card: I can't make any changes on my ASUS Laptop, every time I tried "connect a smart card" appear. This is a personal computer and I didn't use any smart card. Please help to sort this out. Thanks in advance. 30636
  10. Smart Card Certificates in Win10AU

Smart Card Certificates in Win10AU: I frequently access work sites that require me to use a CAC/PIV card. Some sites require my encryption certificate but OWA requires my email certificate. Prior to Win10AU update both my certs displayed but now I have to click show more to see all my certs. It's minor but...