Windows 10: Smart card user name

Discus and support Smart card user name in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have smart card USB token, and when I need to enter password to sign in document with certificate, Windows security form only gives me PIN field to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by mox, May 8, 2021.

1. MOX
    mox Win User

Smart card user name

I have smart card USB token, and when I need to enter password to sign in document with certificate, Windows security form only gives me PIN field to enter, I cant see the user name of certificate, which is really annoying. Is there a way to display user name of certificate when displaying PIN to enter?

:)

2. MOX
    mox Win User

Smart card user name

I have smart card USB token, and when I need to enter password to sign in document with certificate, Windows security form only gives me PIN field to enter, I cant see the user name of certificate, which is really annoying.
    Is there a way to display user name of certificate when displaying PIN to enter?

3. AR-IRIZ Win User
    Windows sign-in option with smart card

Hi Karla,

Thanks for the reply, it just shows registry and GP setting to change the sign in option from Password to smart card, how to enroll the card (link smart card to user).

Kindly provide complete steps to enroll the card and login with card.

AR-IRIZ, May 8, 2021
  4. Smart card user name

Windows 10 smart card login

Okay, so I wanted to set up my computer to log in via smart card as a secondary way to enter. I have a CAC and a CAC reader and I got them working. Here's the problem. I set the login via smart card enabled but it never setup a user or even registered my CAC as a login.... so now I am stuck locked out of my computer and every time I put in my pass code it says "you must use a smart card to sign in". How can I bypass this or reset my computer? This kinda erks me I jumped a coupe steps and jacked this up.

Cgriff1030, May 8, 2021
Thema:

Smart card user name

1. Smart card user name - Similar Threads - Smart card user

2. Virtual Smart Card user on a Windows 10 login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtual Smart Card user on a Windows 10 login: I wanted to know if it was possible to have the login screen only show the Smart Card login when a user wakes up a windows machine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-smart-card-user-on-a-windows-10-login/0eeb093a-44d6-4072-ab75-0c5b93c2e549
  3. Virtual Smart Card user on a Windows 10 login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Virtual Smart Card user on a Windows 10 login: I wanted to know if it was possible to have the login screen only show the Smart Card login when a user wakes up a windows machine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-smart-card-user-on-a-windows-10-login/0eeb093a-44d6-4072-ab75-0c5b93c2e549
  4. smart card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    smart card: I just used laplink PC Mover to transfer from one PC to a new PC. At first, everything worked fine. Then I installed a legacy scanner and had some certificate issues getting it installed Scanner is an Epson ES-500W, and since then when I open Outlook 2007 I get a pop up...
  5. smart card

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    smart card: I just used laplink PC Mover to transfer from one PC to a new PC. At first, everything worked fine. Then I installed a legacy scanner and had some certificate issues getting it installed Scanner is an Epson ES-500W, and since then when I open Outlook 2007 I get a pop up...
  6. smart card

7. Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ..."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ...": Hello, I have the same issue like addodin in this case: addodin case. I installed all drivers and I can read certificates trough vendor software, but when I want to sign in with my smart card at web browser I faced the problem with: The smart card cannot perform ..Im using...
  8. Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ..."

Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ...": Hello, I have the same issue like addodin in this case: addodin case. I installed all drivers and I can read certificates trough vendor software, but when I want to sign in with my smart card at web browser I faced the problem with: The smart card cannot perform ..Im using...
  9. Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ..."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ...": Hello all, sorry in advance for my English I'm French :I have an issue since I changed my computer last week. I use a French government website since 6 years who need a physical smart card with a certificat inside to run the website 1st step => the website read the smart card...
  10. Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ..."

Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ...": Hello all, sorry in advance for my English I'm French :I have an issue since I changed my computer last week. I use a French government website since 6 years who need a physical smart card with a certificat inside to run the website 1st step => the website read the smart card...