Windows 10: smart card

Discus and support smart card in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just used laplink PC Mover to transfer from one PC to a new PC. At first, everything worked fine. Then I installed a legacy scanner and had some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RobertFC_531, Mar 8, 2023.

1. smart card

I just used laplink PC Mover to transfer from one PC to a new PC. At first, everything worked fine. Then I installed a legacy scanner and had some certificate issues getting it installed Scanner is an Epson ES-500W, and since then when I open Outlook 2007 I get a pop up window which says "Windows Security. Select a smart card device. Connect a Smart Card" There is now smart card device on this computer, and never has been. How can I make this pop up stop?Old computer and new computer are both Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

:)

RobertFC_531, Mar 8, 2023
  2. LydiaGG Win User

Connect a smart card

Thank you Yasir; I read the content in the link provided; the problem I have now is not to ask for smart card when log on but to connect a smart card when update applications. Do you have a suggestion for that?

LydiaGG, Mar 8, 2023
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Smart Card Reader / Gettign a Card

Hi,

Smart card reader can be used for identification, authentication, and data storage. We suggest contacting the device manufacturer for further assistance on how to use the smart card reader.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Anne Ros, Mar 8, 2023
  4. adodin Win User

smart card

Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ..."

Hello all,

sorry in advance for my English I'm French smart card :)

I have an issue since I changed my computer last week. I use a French government website since 6 years who need a physical smart card with a certificat inside to run the website (1st step => the website read the smart card / 2nd step= the system ask me the PIN code of the smart card / 3rd step = the website run)

Since my new computer, I always have the same message when I want to run the website. "The smart card cannot perform the request operation or the operation requires a different smart card". System ask me with certificate I want to use so this step is normal (look screenshot)
    smart card 96526589-cc24-42d9-b816-86b12f124adf?upload=true.png

but after, system never ask me the code I'm blocked (see screenshot)

smart card 719cbb53-8a59-4c10-ba27-f369a6c14e63?upload=true.png

I try on my old computer with the same card reader, same drivers etc... and it works great. I read multiple articles concerning this kind of issue but impossible to fix it. Drivers are update, the system is update.

Thanks you so much for your help.

Regards

adodin, Mar 8, 2023
Thema:

smart card

1. smart card - Similar Threads - smart card

2. Why does my smart card reader not work on my new laptop with Windows 11 Home?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my smart card reader not work on my new laptop with Windows 11 Home?: I recently purchased a new PC laptop and am unable to use my smart card reader SCR3310 v2.0 to access my work accounts. My employer recently transitioned to a more secure virtual desktop for email and I need my smart card reader to access it. I have used the same smart card...
  3. Why does my smart card reader not work on my new laptop with Windows 11 Home?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my smart card reader not work on my new laptop with Windows 11 Home?: I recently purchased a new PC laptop and am unable to use my smart card reader SCR3310 v2.0 to access my work accounts. My employer recently transitioned to a more secure virtual desktop for email and I need my smart card reader to access it. I have used the same smart card...
  4. Smart Card Reader suddenly stopped working on Windows 11

Smart Card Reader suddenly stopped working on Windows 11: I was just using my Identiv SCR3500C Smart Card reader to access secure files for work. Out of nowhere, my CAC reader suddenly stopped working. The issue will state "No Client Certificate presented". Basically it doesn't seem like the smart card reader wants to engage when it...
  5. Smart Card Reader suddenly stopped working on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Smart Card Reader suddenly stopped working on Windows 11: I was just using my Identiv SCR3500C Smart Card reader to access secure files for work. Out of nowhere, my CAC reader suddenly stopped working. The issue will state "No Client Certificate presented". Basically it doesn't seem like the smart card reader wants to engage when it...
  6. error in smart card reading, longmai app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error in smart card reading, longmai app: error in smart card reading, longmai application, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-in-smart-card-reading-longmai-app/84d2772b-ee7f-4c6b-a6dd-f1e4f934efe9
  7. error in smart card reading, longmai app

error in smart card reading, longmai app: error in smart card reading, longmai application, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-in-smart-card-reading-longmai-app/84d2772b-ee7f-4c6b-a6dd-f1e4f934efe9
  8. To login to saw device need to generate the PIM for smart card but dont have smart card...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    To login to saw device need to generate the PIM for smart card but dont have smart card...: I have saw device and also smart card, but to login to saw device I need to generate the PIM for smart card.My laptop doesnt have smart card reader so Can you please help with the another way to solve this problem. I need to generate the PIM from UI or else login credentials...
  9. To login to saw device need to generate the PIM for smart card but dont have smart card...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    To login to saw device need to generate the PIM for smart card but dont have smart card...: I have saw device and also smart card, but to login to saw device I need to generate the PIM for smart card.My laptop doesnt have smart card reader so Can you please help with the another way to solve this problem. I need to generate the PIM from UI or else login credentials...
  10. To login to saw device need to generate the PIM for smart card but dont have smart card...