Windows 10: SmartAudio 2 which is anything but

Discus and support SmartAudio 2 which is anything but in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all at Tech Support & a belated Happy New Year!. Initially i was checking about the Fortemedia Diver Update - all ok re: that, thanks to previous... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by John Footprint, Jan 27, 2020.

1. SmartAudio 2 which is anything but

Hi all at Tech Support & a belated Happy New Year!. Initially i was checking about the Fortemedia Diver Update - all ok re: that, thanks to previous posts by users to Vijay. - One pressing question i have relates to the 'SmartAudio 2' built-in sound app. To be honest, it is absolutely brutal and awful - to have replaced the Realtek sound app which i'd always found great to use, ie: with it's multi-functions, such as sound areas, graphic equaliser etc etc is utterly shocking - especially for a brand new W10 Lenovo. I'd had it on my last 3 laptops. then the worst happened approx 3 or so months ago a full coffee spill What did i then find on this new machine Lenovo V130-15IKB.....'SmartAudio 2'....Anything but, & an embarrassment to your Company to replace a perfectly good sound app with this. Or is it now the case that to receive something which should be a basic built-in sound app, customers have to pay - as with most things even Word etc - which after all these years and untold billions of profits you can't still offer a basic version - re: that one, i opened an e-mail last December from my Home Care Supplier, noticed it was a Word Doc & closed it quickly. Nonetheless, money was mentioned & that i then had only 5 days left to use the trial period - despite never having opened a Doc before. Things like this matter to me - i've been disabled for over a Decade, & will be for the rest of my life, living on a very, very low govt welfare payment. - Very sorry for the long-winded question, and indeed if i sound terse! - Wishing you all my Best Wishes - & Greetings from Ireland. John.

:)

John Footprint, Jan 27, 2020

2. On Windows 10 how to get rid of "Failed to initialize SmartAudio" notice.

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, have you installed SmartAudio application on your PC?

Method 1:If you have installed
    SmartAudio on the PC and the software or program is not updated, there are chances you might be getting this at the startup as an error message.

Update the SmartAudio drivers by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Sound, video and game controller option.
    • Right click on the SmartAudio driver and select
      Update option.
    • Restart the computer to reinstall the driver automatically and check if the changes are effective.

Method 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to perform
    Clean boot by following the steps from the link below and check if the issue is resolved.

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

You can open the system configuration window in Windows 10:

Step 1: Using
    run command.

• Press Windows Key + R keys on the Keyboard.
    • Type msconfig.msc and press Enter.

Step 2: Using
    Cortana.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard and type
      msconfig
    • Select the top most search result.

Follow the steps from 3 under How to perform a clean boot
    for Windows 8.1 and Windows 8 from the link below (The steps for clean boot suggested in the link below for
    Windows 8/8.1 is applicable for Windows 10 as well):

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Disclaimer: Start the computer in normal mode refer the section,
    How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    from the link above.

Write back to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 27, 2020
  3. SmartAudio - Needed?

Thank for the follow-up....

Ran the download link however the same dialogue box continues to appear....

SmartAudio

Failed to Create Conexant Audio Factory - The SmartAudio will now exit.

Note: Audio is functional for video and music files and downloads.

Why does it continue to appear?

Is it harmful?

If harmful what do you recommend as next step.

Thanks....Paul

Joan Doe12, Jan 27, 2020
  4. SmartAudio 2 which is anything but

Conexant SmartAudio HD and Windows 10 no sound

1. Device manager

2. Sound, video and game controllers

3. Right-click on the "Conexant SmartAudio" driver
    4. Click on properties

5. Click on the driver tab

6. Click on "Update Driver..."

7. Click on "Browse my computer..."

8. Click on "Let me pick from a list..."

9. You should see "High Definition Audio Device" in the list.

Andrei Nadejde - senior, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

SmartAudio 2 which is anything but

1. SmartAudio 2 which is anything but - Similar Threads - SmartAudio anything

2. Fix Conexant SmartAudio HD No Sound issue for Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Conexant SmartAudio HD No Sound issue for Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]For a lot of users, who have Conexant SmartAudio HD installed on their Windows 11 or Windows 10, upgrading to a new version may create issues. According to them, Conexant SmartAudio HD is emitting no sound. In this, article, we are going to talk about this in detail...
  3. Windows 10 Conexant SmartAudio HD hearing myself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Conexant SmartAudio HD hearing myself: Hello i need help, i always hear myself from my speakers. i tried fixes from youtube but didnt work, Is theres something wrong with the Conexant SmartAudio HD?...
  4. Windows 10 Conexant SmartAudio HD hearing myself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Conexant SmartAudio HD hearing myself: Hello i need help, i always hear myself from my speakers. i tried fixes from youtube but didnt work, Is theres something wrong with the Conexant SmartAudio HD?...
  5. Windows 10 Conexant SmartAudio HD hearing myself

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Synaptics SmartAudio 2 error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Synaptics SmartAudio 2 error: How can I resolve this?? and this message always appears."We’re updating SmartAudio 2. It should be ready to use again shortly." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/synaptics-smartaudio-2-error/2bb269e5-a968-40d8-86f1-d8f8c374f2f8
  7. Synaptics SmartAudio 2 error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Synaptics SmartAudio 2 error: How can I resolve this?? and this message always appears."We’re updating SmartAudio 2. It should be ready to use again shortly." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/synaptics-smartaudio-2-error/2bb269e5-a968-40d8-86f1-d8f8c374f2f8
  8. Conextant SmartAudio not working

Conextant SmartAudio not working: I installed a Windows 10 update last night and now I cannot hear anything on my computer.I've tried reinstalling the Conextant SmartAudio driver, which hasn't worked. For some reason, different versions of this driver appear under Device Manager > Audio inputs and outputs and...
  9. Conexant SmartAudio HD - Cant launch audio wizard

Conexant SmartAudio HD - Cant launch audio wizard: So i recently updated my audio driver which is Conexant SmartAudio HD and there seems to be no problem at first. After updating i realized that my custom preference for the sounds has been reset and i have to do it again via the audio wizard panel as seen here...
  10. Microphone Synaptics SmartAudio HD device not migrated

Microphone Synaptics SmartAudio HD device not migrated: Background: after an update sometimes last few months, my microphone does not work. Even when I use an external microphone like "airpod/others" zoom/other apps fail to pick up the microphone. I have an LG gram laptop, it comes with the "Lg update center" which is pretty...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. smartaudio 2