Windows 10: Smartcard reader issue with keyboard Dell KB813t

Discus and support Smartcard reader issue with keyboard Dell KB813t in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; During the inserting smartcard into the smartcard reader - keyboard and smartcard reader crash not responding in windows 10 (versions 1803, 1809,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Przemo_000, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Smartcard reader issue with keyboard Dell KB813t

During the inserting smartcard into the smartcard reader - keyboard and smartcard reader crash not responding in windows 10 (versions 1803, 1809, probably all), but it is not happening on Windows 7 at all with the same set of drivers for both devices. I have tried latest keyboard DELL drivers, tried swap test with different smartcard versions and nothing works. However older model of the Dell keyboard SK-3205 does work.

Errors that are coming up in windows logs:

- ID 610: Smrtcard reader "Dell smartcard Reade Keyboard 0" reject IOCTL TRANSMIT: The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error. If this error persists, your smartcard or reader may not be functioning correctly.

- Also there are most common errors with ID: 615, 616, 621 available on: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/identity-protection/smart-cards/smart-card-events

I have a very difficult combination to pin point the fault:

- Because the old keyboard is working fine on Win10(same drivers) I would say its the keyboard... but:

All above errors showing up on windows 7 (mostly ID 610) and it never cause the keyboard KB813t to crash? only in win10 environment.

Current fix is to re-plug the keyboard or restarting smartcard service fix the issue.

Can you advise?

:)

Przemo_000, Sep 18, 2019
  2. ericnixmd Win User

Dell Precision 3520 and Smartcard Login

I have a Dell Precision 3520 with a FIPS-compliant fingerprint reader and smartcard reader built-in. I'm currently using the Dell security software to manage this.

Has anyone used Windows to set up a smartcard login and set it up so that as soon as the smartcard is removed, the screen is locked? I would like the ability to insert the card to unlock the screen and remove it to lock it.

Is this possible, and if so how do I configure it?

ericnixmd, Sep 18, 2019
  3. mvalpreda Win User
    Contactless smartcards for login?

In Windows 8/8.1 I could enroll a touchless smartcard and use it for a login. I am not seeing a way to enroll those in Windows 10. Anyone have any idea where that might be?

Dell Latitude E7470 with fingerprint and both contact and contactless smartcard reader

mvalpreda, Sep 18, 2019
  4. Thanatica Win User

Smartcard reader issue with keyboard Dell KB813t

Smartcard login

My new laptop, a Thinkpad T480s has a smartcard reader and is shipped with Window 10 Pro. How can I use the smartcard reader to log into Windows using a smartcard?

I'm not really interested in all kinds of technical stuff about smartcards, I'm just a home user and I have a smartcard reader and several smartcards that might be usable. Simple as that. I don't need filesystem encryption for now either.

I see it as just logging in with an alternative input - not unlike fingerprint login really.

But instead of fingerprint, I want to use smartcard.

How to do it?

Thanatica, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

Smartcard reader issue with keyboard Dell KB813t

1. Smartcard reader issue with keyboard Dell KB813t - Similar Threads - Smartcard reader issue

2. Dell Keyboard Issue and Windows 10 activation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell Keyboard Issue and Windows 10 activation: Hi, I have a Windows 10 laptop (Dell Inspiron) which for some reason got it's keyboard mappings wrong and misbehaves. I tried resetting the driver but it's of no use. I took it to the store and they are asking me to replace the keyboard but I can confirm there is nothing...
  3. Smartcard Reader Driver Installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Smartcard Reader Driver Installation: Hi, I have two laptops. One is with Windows 10 Home Edition and the other one is with Windows 10 Enterprise Edition. I have a Smartcard Rader from Athena. The model is ASE IIIe USB. I have the driver installer for this reader but the installer is pretty old. This product...
  4. card reader issue

card reader issue: I try to insert a card reader in my Asus F571Y laptop but it doesn’t want to read cards. The only thing I can see is a grey drive of the card reader. The Windows X procedure to Control Panel doesn’t help....
  5. Dell Precision 3520 and Smartcard Login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Dell Precision 3520 and Smartcard Login: I have a Dell Precision 3520 with a FIPS-compliant fingerprint reader and smartcard reader built-in. I'm currently using the Dell security software to manage this. Has anyone used Windows to set up a smartcard login and set it up so that as soon as the smartcard is...
  6. Contactless smartcards for login?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Contactless smartcards for login?: In Windows 8/8.1 I could enroll a touchless smartcard and use it for a login. I am not seeing a way to enroll those in Windows 10. Anyone have any idea where that might be? Dell Latitude E7470 with fingerprint and both contact and contactless smartcard reader 49168
  7. Smartcard login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Smartcard login: Hi All I have started to use a Smartcard to login to my Windows 10 Education machine. Logging in works fine but the one annoying problem I have is that when I boot up the machine and am at the login screen it ALWAYS defaults to using a password login. This even happens...
  8. logon with smartcard

logon with smartcard: Is it possible and if yes how to logon in windows 10 (home version 64-bits) with a smartcard? Open Source software? Microsoft build-in? I already installed the drivers for the smartcard reader and the middleware. I have a Belgian Eid card and I can connect to sites which...
  9. dell wireless keyboard

dell wireless keyboard: changed batteries, pulled usb, turned off keyboard, all is good, thanks
  10. Dell 2520 keyboard issue on Windows 10

Dell 2520 keyboard issue on Windows 10: hello everyone. I upgraded windows 7 to windows 10 on my Dell Vostro 2520 laptop, and the keyboard has started acting weird. The problem is usually with spacebar, backspace and enter keys, as they stop responding at all. I have to press them a number of times before they...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Smartcard reader issue with keyboard Dell KB813t