Windows 10: Smartctl.exe Windows Security

Discus and support Smartctl.exe Windows Security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Smartctl.exe has been detected as some threat and I'm confused. what does Smartctl.exe do and why does windows security detect that its a threat.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DanielPollack, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Smartctl.exe Windows Security

Smartctl.exe has been detected as some threat and I'm confused. what does Smartctl.exe do and why does windows security detect that its a threat.

:)

DanielPollack, Nov 12, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 12, 2020
  3. qubit Win User
    Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Nov 12, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Smartctl.exe Windows Security

Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

Smartctl.exe Windows Security

1. Smartctl.exe Windows Security - Similar Threads - Smartctl exe Security

2. How to remove an ".exe" process exclusion from Windows Security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove an ".exe" process exclusion from Windows Security: Hi, I struggle with high CPU and in trying to fix it I accidentally created an exception for ".exe" as a process in my windows security app. The "remove" button is non-responsive, despite being able to delete other exclusions. I have also tried finding and deleting the...
  3. How to remove an ".exe" process exclusion from Windows Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove an ".exe" process exclusion from Windows Security: Hi, I struggle with high CPU and in trying to fix it I accidentally created an exception for ".exe" as a process in my windows security app. The "remove" button is non-responsive, despite being able to delete other exclusions. I have also tried finding and deleting the...
  4. How to remove an ".exe" process exclusion from Windows Security

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows Security is flagging converted folders to .rar that contain .exe as a Trojan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security is flagging converted folders to .rar that contain .exe as a Trojan: This is the first time Windows Security flagging simple folders that contain install files such as .exe as a Trojan when converting the folder to a .rar using Winrar....
  6. Smartctl

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Smartctl: Should the file smartctl.exe be removed?Kenneth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smartctl/1ce08439-3d65-42ca-9bb6-2560e9b68b05
  7. Smartctl

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Smartctl: Should the file smartctl.exe be removed?Kenneth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smartctl/1ce08439-3d65-42ca-9bb6-2560e9b68b05
  8. Cannot remove exclusion from Windows Security filetype exclusion: exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot remove exclusion from Windows Security filetype exclusion: exe: Recently I noticed that I have the "exe" filetype as an exclusion in Windows Security, the problem is that I did not create it and knowing full well the possible consequences of such a rule I tried to remove but I failed.The "Remove" button for that exclusion does not work, I...
  9. Windows Security to stop tampering with an exe

Windows Security to stop tampering with an exe: There's an exe I need working properly. It's not a virus, I do some programming on the side If I have Windows Security's real time protection turned on, it deletes the file, when I'm trying to run it. I can run the .exe no problem with the real time protection turned off....
  10. Windows Security - unable to unblock exe file.

Windows Security - unable to unblock exe file.: I'm now after 2 years unable to access my finance file as a message saing admin hasblocked from running app keep appearing every time I try to open the file. After trying to change the UAC to Never Notifiy is till didn't work. Microsoft said to uninstall and reinstall...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. smartctl.exe