Windows 10: smartdrive service even if it set to automate stop running

Discus and support smartdrive service even if it set to automate stop running in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, , I am having a problem with a n externl USB key that I have tested on another PC and it is working properly. The USB contains software and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Emiliotosco, Apr 21, 2021.

1. smartdrive service even if it set to automate stop running

Hello, ,

I am having a problem with a n externl USB key that I have tested on another PC and it is working properly.

The USB contains software and certificates to allow me to digital sign documents.

After reviewing the problem with the provider, a reknown one that provide many web services,

it seems we found the culprit.

The service smartdrive, was set to manual.

We set it to automatic and started, than reboot the PC.

...despite set to automatic it won't run , it will stop to work and I do not know why.

when the software try to upload certificates from the USB, it can retrieve the informations and I cannot

sign any document, pretty dummy place to be.

My windows 10 version is the latest, 19041.928

thanks, I have not found any similar problem in the FAQ.

We tried to disable AVast but it does not make the difference.

Thanks.

:)

Emiliotosco, Apr 21, 2021

2. After running Audio troubleshooter error: 'one or more audio service isn't running'

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you receive the error message: 'one or more audio service isn't running', this might have occurred due to the audio services.

I suggest you to restart the service, set it to automatic and check if it helps.

Step 1: Stop the Windows Audio service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 21, 2021
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    services running none stop win 10

Hi William,

If you can't run service.msc, you can end running services using Task Manager. To know how, follow the steps below:

• On the Search bar, type task manager and select Task Manager on the list.
    • Click the More details drop-down arrow.
    • Select all the apps you want to stop on the list.
    • Click End task.

After doing so, try doing a scan again and see if issue will persist.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Anne Ros, Apr 21, 2021
  4. smartdrive service even if it set to automate stop running

Printing stopped with November upgrade

Hey Prestonpdx,

I would suggest you check if the print spooler is running. Start/Stop print spooler service. Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc
      and press Enter.

• From the list, locate Print Spooler service.

• Double click on the service and select Stop.

• Restart the computer, repeat step 1&2.

• Double click on the service and check if the service is started.
    Get back to us with the updated status, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Apr 21, 2021
Thema:

smartdrive service even if it set to automate stop running

1. smartdrive service even if it set to automate stop running - Similar Threads - smartdrive service set

2. Win11 Spooler service stops running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 Spooler service stops running: We have a Win11 client where there is an installed printer that works, then suddenly all applications think there is no printer installed.Check the Print Spooler service and it stopped running. How can I troubleshoot why this is happening?...
  3. Win11 Spooler service stops running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 Spooler service stops running: We have a Win11 client where there is an installed printer that works, then suddenly all applications think there is no printer installed.Check the Print Spooler service and it stopped running. How can I troubleshoot why this is happening?...
  4. Windows Services are showing stopped even with the tick on in msconfig.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Services are showing stopped even with the tick on in msconfig.: I don't know why I can't upload a screenshot but in msconfig all the windows services are showing stopped even with a blue tick.I am facing problems like can't download anything from Microsoft Store can't install any other software showing errormsvcr100.dll is missing...
  5. Windows Services are showing stopped even with the tick on in msconfig.

Windows Services are showing stopped even with the tick on in msconfig.: I don't know why I can't upload a screenshot but in msconfig all the windows services are showing stopped even with a blue tick.I am facing problems like can't download anything from Microsoft Store can't install any other software showing errormsvcr100.dll is missing...
  6. Automated check on running process

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automated check on running process: Hi all I have a query related to automating a process within Windows 10. For background, I have several headless machines in what I call my "data dungeon" (it's dark and cold), which I use to run a Python script that scrapes information (publicly available, nothing dodgy -...
  7. Is there a way to stop Office click-to-run service from running in the backgroud.

Is there a way to stop Office click-to-run service from running in the backgroud.: [ATTACH] This Office click-to-run service hogs up too much memory sometimes even when not using office apps. It is really anonying because sometimes it affets the performnce of other programs. Is there a way to permanently stop this service or configure it in such a way...
  8. Antimalware Service Executable won’t stop running

Antimalware Service Executable won’t stop running: Everytime I start up my computer ASE starts running and takes up like 30% of the CPU. I can’t end the task either. Does this mean it is scanning my computer? Or should I do something to stop it so I can use my computer again? submitted by /u/Ragataurous [link] [comments]...
  9. Run Selenium Automation on Microsoft Tablet browser

Run Selenium Automation on Microsoft Tablet browser: As a part of the Automation Test, I have to set up my test framework to run tests on Microsoft Tablet(real device), I am not sure how to connect my framework with the tablet device. please suggest me some reliable approaches. Selenium framework is written using C# and NUnit....
  10. Export List of Running and Stopped Services in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Export List of Running and Stopped Services in Windows: How to: Export List of Running and Stopped Services in Windows How to Export List of Running and Stopped Services in Windows A service is an application type that runs in the system background without a user interface and is similar to a UNIX daemon process. Services...