Windows 10: "SmartScreen can’t be reached right now"

Discus and support "SmartScreen can’t be reached right now" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; There is another post about this problem from last May but it is no help. Ever since the October update, sometimes when I click on an .exe, such as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Coldrake, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Coldrake Win User

"SmartScreen can’t be reached right now"

There is another post about this problem from last May but it is no help.

Ever since the October update, sometimes when I click on an .exe, such as installing a program, the folder that the .exe is in freezes for over 5 minutes with the “working in background” cursor.

After 5 minutes, (I timed it), a blue window pops up and says,
    "SmartScreen can’t be reached right now
    Check your internet connection. Windows Defender SmartScreen is
    unreachable and can’t help you decide if this app is ok to run. "

and lists the publisher and app, in the latest case,
    Publisher: Adobe Systems, Incorporated
    App: readerdc_en_xa_crd_install.exe

If I click on the window, “run” and “don’t run” buttons appear. If I click the “run” button, the .exe then runs as normal. My internet connection is fine.

This happens at any time of day and has happened several times over the last several weeks.

I can live with it as I rarely install anything these days, but it’s REALLY annoying.

:)

Coldrake, Feb 4, 2019
  2. Kapil Arya MVP, Feb 4, 2019
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Feb 4, 2019
  4. "SmartScreen can’t be reached right now"

"SmartScreen can't be reached right now"

Even though I am connected to the internet, attempts to run most installers get "SmartScreen can't be reached right now" messages.

Yes, I can bypass by pressing "Run", but how do I get the security system to actually work?

MyGodTheChooseYourDisplayNameDialogIsSoBroken, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

"SmartScreen can’t be reached right now"

1. "SmartScreen can’t be reached right now" - Similar Threads - SmartScreen can’t reached

2. "smartscreen can't be reached right now" prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "smartscreen can't be reached right now" prompt: Hi MSFT I do a app with WHQL sign, today morning show this as below, may I know why this happen? is it depend on security setting of OS image or ? and how to avoid of this?...
  3. smartscreen can't be reached right now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    smartscreen can't be reached right now: This suddenly started happening today out of no where. I have no viruses internet is fine everything work but this. Anyone else? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smartscreen-cant-be-reached-right-now/c8d80153-7bd6-4bda-9e01-46e7c6d5e08a
  4. smartscreen can't be reached right now

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    smartscreen can't be reached right now: This suddenly started happening today out of no where. I have no viruses internet is fine everything work but this. Anyone else? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smartscreen-cant-be-reached-right-now/c8d80153-7bd6-4bda-9e01-46e7c6d5e08a
  5. SmartScreen can't be reached right now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SmartScreen can't be reached right now: Whenever I try to install new software, i get this error message:I have tried troubleshooting, and i have watched every video and followed every guide that exists, but nothing seems to be working. I have also re-installed windows with a total clean of the disk, and tried...
  6. SmartScreen can't be reached right now

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SmartScreen can't be reached right now: Whenever I try to install new software, i get this error message:I have tried troubleshooting, and i have watched every video and followed every guide that exists, but nothing seems to be working. I have also re-installed windows with a total clean of the disk, and tried...
  7. Smartscreen can't be reached right now

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Smartscreen can't be reached right now: Why when I download certain software. there's a pop up that says SmartScreen can't be reached right now. what does it mean?. is the downloaded software has a virus or stg? [ATTACH]...
  8. "SmartScreen can’t be reached right now"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "SmartScreen can’t be reached right now": There is another post about this problem from last May but it is no help. Ever since the October update, sometimes when I click on an .exe, such as installing a program, the folder that the .exe is in freezes for over 5 minutes with the “working in background” cursor. After...
  9. "SmartScreen can't be reached right now"

"SmartScreen can't be reached right now": Even though I am connected to the internet, attempts to run most installers get "SmartScreen can't be reached right now" messages. Yes, I can bypass by pressing "Run", but how do I get the security system to actually work?...
  10. Smartscreen can't be reached right now.

Smartscreen can't be reached right now.: Woke up this morning to this issue with DL apps. I checked SmartScreen settings and seem ok. Ran WD scan and was ok. I ran MBAM and I did get an error with SDKDatabaseLoadDefaults failed with code:20012, so I ran there cleaner app and installed newer version 3 (was on 2.2)....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. visual c unreachable defender smartscreen

2. windows defender smartscreen is unreachable right now reddit