Windows 10: SmartScreen, despite being off, is triggered by certain programs

Discus and support SmartScreen, despite being off, is triggered by certain programs in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have SmartScreen turned off, but it is still interfering with at least two programs on my system. While the SmartScreen warning doesn't actually come... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Megalith, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Megalith Win User

SmartScreen, despite being off, is triggered by certain programs

I have SmartScreen turned off, but it is still interfering with at least two programs on my system. While the SmartScreen warning doesn't actually come up, the Task Manager reveals it is indeed running.

Is there a way to figure out why SmartScreen is being triggered?

:)

Megalith, Jan 11, 2019

2. SmartScreen not so smart.

Hi,

I would like to inform that Windows SmartScreen helps keep your PC safe by checking downloaded files and web content within apps to help protect you from malicious software and potentially unsafe web content. Before an unknown or potentially
    unsafe downloaded file is opened, Windows will display a warning. If SmartScreen detects potentially unsafe web content in an app, Windows will display a warning in place of the content. To disable SmartScreen, follow the steps below:

• Type SmartScreen settings in the Search box and press Enter.
    • Click on Change Windows SmartScreen Settings in the left navigation pane.
    • Select the option, Don't do anything (turn off Windows SmartScreen) and click on OK.

If you would like to develop a program, then suggest you to post your query in MSDN forums in the link provided below:

Msdn forums - Visual Studio General Questions

Hope the information provided is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Ramon Imp Win User
    Smartscreen can't be reached

Hi Judy,

It appears that your having problems downloading programs on your Windows 10 PC. For us to better understand your concern, we would like to know or clarify the following:

• What specific program are you trying to download?
    • Are you using a web browser to download the program?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer before the issue started aside from upgrading Windows?
    • Have you done any troubleshooting steps to resolve the problem?

If you're referring to SmartScreen Filter, you can learn more about it by visiting this
    article.

Keep us posted and we'll be glad to assist you further.

Ramon Imp, Jan 11, 2019
  4. SmartScreen, despite being off, is triggered by certain programs

turn Smartscreen off entirely?

I've done all the steps to turn Smartscreen OFF but it STILL blocks certain files I attempt to download.

Message: "This unsafe download was blocked by Smartscreen filter"

Windows 10, Edge

How can prevent this worthless filter from blocking these downloads?

dandreamingbear, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

SmartScreen, despite being off, is triggered by certain programs

1. SmartScreen, despite being off, is triggered by certain programs - Similar Threads - SmartScreen despite being

2. Certain keys being on and off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Certain keys being on and off: I recently updated my keyboard drivers using avast but whenever the definitions are outdated certain keys don't work, but whenever I update the definitions they keys work again. What should I do to stop this?...
  3. Certain keys being on and off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain keys being on and off: I recently updated my keyboard drivers using avast but whenever the definitions are outdated certain keys don't work, but whenever I update the definitions they keys work again. What should I do to stop this?...
  4. Certain keys being on and off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Screen Turns Off despite being set to NEVER turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Turns Off despite being set to NEVER turn off: I’m having trouble keeping my screen from going dark in about 20 minutes. I’ve researched this site and others, and have already tried the following: Set both “Screen” and “Sleep” to NEVER when plugged in. Went to “Additional Power Settings” and “Choose or Customize Power...
  6. Screen Turns Off despite being set to NEVER turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Turns Off despite being set to NEVER turn off: I’m having trouble keeping my screen from going dark in about 20 minutes. I’ve researched this site and others, and have already tried the following: Set both “Screen” and “Sleep” to NEVER when plugged in. Went to “Additional Power Settings” and “Choose or Customize Power...
  7. Screen Turns Off despite being set to NEVER turn off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  8. Smartscreen triggers despite application signed with EV-code signing cert

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Smartscreen triggers despite application signed with EV-code signing cert: Has anyone seen an issue where an application signed with an EV code signing cert still gets flagged by Windows smartscreen? I've spent hours with the support team of my certificate provider, and they are stumped on the issue. They say that everything looks good with the cert...
  9. Certain programs aren't being detected by Windows for audio?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Certain programs aren't being detected by Windows for audio?: I've reached out for help on r/Steam earlier to be told that Steam doesn't control audio, which I expected but tried anyway. Some of the games I have installed on my PC are no longer outputting audio and in the volume mixer sometimes they don't even come up when the game is...
  10. Program as trigger to open another program?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program as trigger to open another program?: Hello dear community, I got CS:GO in Steam. I would like to run CustomDesktopLogo at the same time so that I can display a small dot in the middle of the monitor. Now I have already tried with a CMD file: start /b "" "C:\Not...